What city would you MOST like to live in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What City Would You Most Like to Live In?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'd be content to live in pittsburgh for the rest of my days.
i live about 30 minutes away from there but would like to move there. it's the city but it's not too, too big.

The Z said:
I prefer the Central Coast or Newcastle, myself. Close enough to enjoy Sydney but far enough away to be a little less crowded.

I agree with Newcastle but the Central Coast has become so overcrowded now its just another suburb of Sydney almost. (people there still love it though)
Have you lived in Australia Z ?

I chose Paris, only to get myself to France:LOL: I would much prefer the wine country there and near the Basque border where my great grandparents were from. In reality I have always wanted to live in San Francisco..I just love that city... I'd love to visit Scotland and Ireland as some family on my dad's side were born there..I'd love to see the counrty side of each city, the big busy city doesn't have that much draw for me..Except old old homes, mueseums, grave sites and beautiful places to eat..

kadesma:)

Ishbel said:
- they all believe that their long gone ancestors who 'might' have been Scots

Well, I can proudly say that I am half Scottish. My mom grew up in Montrose. I have been to Scotland several times and always look forward to going back again. I have family that still lives there and my Grandad will be coming to visit us this fall to meet his first great grand child! I'm very excited!

Glad to know we have some Scots on the forum!
-Brooke

mrsmac said:
Have you lived in Australia Z ?

Sorry to hear that about the Central Coast. I knew it was headed in that direction. I lived just south of Newcastle in Lake Macquarie (Toronto, Warners Bay) for 11 years. I am proud of my dual Aussie/US citizenship. I returned to the US about 5 years ago when my dad got cancer - - He's pretty good now, by the way.

I used to LOVE to holiday on the Mid-North Coast - - just north of Taree at Harrington/Crowdy Head. Magnificent. When I win the lotto I plan to buy a prawn boat and go into semi-retirement at Crowdy... hire some young fellas to go and catch me tucka.

Last edited:
SierraCook said:
Sushi, your list had too many places that get snow. I will live anywhere as long as it does not snow. :)

i love snow, lol, sierra..... i wait and wait for the snow each year and when it finally comes along i'm thrilled. i did a snowangel in it not so very long ago cause i was so happy to see it. usually i'll be the first person up in the house and when i see it i have to let them all know....' DAD! the SNOW came!' 'MOM! the snow came!' 'it SNOWED, Pap!' :w00t: (they grumble)
it's just so pretty. very comforting to me for some reason. all seems well when the ground and trees are blanketed in snow. i'll have to try and post a picture in the gallery of the yard at my one house yard in the winter. it's beautiful w/ all the trees.

The Z said:
Sorry to hear that about the Central Coast. I knew it was headed in that direction. I lived just south of Newcastle in Lake Macquarie (Toronto, Warners Bay) for 11 years. I am proud of my dual Aussie/US citizenship. I returned to the US about 5 years ago when my dad got cancer - - He's pretty good now, by the way.

I used to LOVE to holiday on the Mid-North Coast - - just north of Taree at Harrington/Crowdy Head. Magnificent. When I win the lotto I plan to buy a prawn boat and go into semi-retirement at Crowdy... hire some young fellas to go and catch me tucka.

Lake Maquarie is still beautiful but also getting crowded. House prices have gone way up too.
Mid north coast is lovely, I hope you get your lotto win!
I love Yamba which is further up. We are going to darwin next week so I'm hoping for a nice feed of Barra.

Very true!! I am always amazed by how old things are in Europe, our history is so insignificant compared to UK etc. and when we start doing family history you get to the end of the research you can do here very quickly.
Ok Australia has beauty etc but not much history :)

I agree about the scenery, and the flora and fauna. Mind you, when I hear some Aussies boasting about their 'antique' furniture - and it's only 30s stuff.... :D

I read yesterday that one of the12 Apostles had crumbled into the sea - I know there were only 8 or 9, but now there is one less.... So, sad a real natural wonder and I've got loadsa photographs of them. I wonder if the tourist people will change the name?!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about....!
http://www.greatoceanroad.org/index.asp

Last edited:
It did fall into the sea. You aren't allowed anywhere near them now so if your photos are from close to them on the beach they will be very valuable.
I love watching Bargain Hunt on UK tv to see all your antiques cause we have nothing here!

Mine won't be valuable, as they were taken from viewing places up on the top, I'm afraid. Oh well, have to find another way to make my millions!

If my city disappeared, I would love to live in Fiji. It's a bit too hot, so hopefully some benevelont government would give me loads of compensation for my city disappearing so I could afford not to work and just live in the pool all day!!!

Mrsmac I love Bargain Hunt, I am originally from Oz and have lived in the UK for three years. It does make me laugh what Aussies consider to be antiques!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom