What city would you MOST like to live in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What City Would You Most Like to Live In?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live in the city I most want to live in, Honolulu, Hawaii.:cool:

img_137404_0_952a9735bc9f4ba842541969c4ea55fc.gif

I grew up in Los Angeles County and I love the mountains and the ocean but then I like Arizona too. It's beautiful.

None of the above. There are actually lots of beautiful places where I would love to live, but I would love to be closer to my family, so it would be somewhere in Southern California, but not in Los Angeles. In one of the outtermost parts of the county maybe, but not in the city. There are so many great places in this country that it would really be hard to choose. Plus Canada has some really nice places to live and lots of other places in the world!

:) Barbara

LA County, yes, LA city, no!
Gee, Barbara....you could come live in my neighborhood!

I'd love to visit all those other places, but I'll choose the windy city. My polish relatives there would probably make me gain about a hundred pounds with their pierogies, tho'!

There is nowhere better to live than my home town of Edinburgh. Sea nearby, surrounded by hills and rivers, wonderful architecture, great castles (we've got more than just the one!), wonderful history, great shops, terrific cultural events like the Festival and Fringe, largest new year's party in the world, wonderful restaurants. I could go on......

Pity about the weather :cool:

I have always wanted to visit Scotland, Ishbel. You are making me want to go now! I wish I could afford it! Someday I will get there.

Barbara L said:
I have always wanted to visit Scotland, Ishbel. You are making me want to go now! I wish I could afford it! Someday I will get there.

I hope you make it! It truly is a wonderful place. I've lived all over the world, and believe, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, ' There's no place like home'.

There is something about the countryside of Scotland that makes people return again and again. And, judging by the numbers of Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis I speak to - they all believe that their long gone ancestors who 'might' have been Scots - gives them an affinity with our country and culture! :) Personally, I blame Braveheart:mrgreen:

LOL My ancestors were from Sweden and Germany, but I love Braveheart! However, I have wanted to visit Scotland since I was a girl. Mostly because of the country itself, but I have to admit that I adore accents, and I think Scottish accents are one of the greatest!

Butttt....WE don't have an accent - it's foreigners that have accents! :ROFLMAO:

I often muse about WHY the Scottish accent is so liked around the world.... particularly as so many tourists seem to have to say 'pardon me?' more than once when they ask a native for directions!!!!

I vote Sydney because it is beautiful but i am biased. Darwin was great to live in if you can handle nearly 100% humidity in the wet season.
I would love to visit Scotland and Ireland cause there's so much history and its so green.

I love Sydney, too - but that HUMIDITY....... too much sun for a pale skinned red-head :)

from the list i'd say ontario. but i'd rather live elswhere.
maybe somplace like arizona... but withouth the snakes
and scorpions *shudder*.
as far as visiting... to many to name lol

sous w.va. IS a beautiful state but i couldn't live there.
i don't like being "in the boonies" much more than a week lol

Ishbel said:
Butttt....WE don't have an accent - it's foreigners that have accents! :ROFLMAO:

I often muse about WHY the Scottish accent is so liked around the world.... particularly as so many tourists seem to have to say 'pardon me?' more than once when they ask a native for directions!!!!

It's because it's so pretty to listen to, silly! I love the Aussie and British accents as well. I have a tendency to have a bit of a texan drawl when I really get talking, which is odd for So. Cal., but I attribute that to my Grandpa, who I grew up around, who was from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom