What constitutes crude jokes?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rococo

Assistant Cook
So how crude can we be with joke? Maybe a mod can help me out here, i don't want to get chucked off after 3 posts :angel:

So how crude can we be with joke? Maybe a mod can help me out here, i don't want to get chucked off after 3 posts :angel:
It's best to remember that we do have youngsters who are members here..So we prefer family safe jokes.
kadesma

You got it Chef Munky. The measuring stick I use is my kids. If it is OK for my kids (age 4 and 2) to hear then it is OK here. If they should not hear it then it should not be posted.

A safe bet.If you wouldn't say it around your Mother.... :LOL:

Munky.
I always told my students, "If you can't say it in front of your grandmother, don't say it here." Half the time I heard a kid whisper to another one, "My grandmother would kill me if I ever said that!" With my students the grandmother was usually the one to fear!

:)Barbara

LOL I would have gotten in trouble in your class Barbara. My grandmother, while she is a very classy lady, would not be offended if I told dirty jokes around her. She might even laugh at them ;)

LOL I would have gotten in trouble in your class Barbara. My grandmother, while she is a very classy lady, would not be offended if I told dirty jokes around her. She might even laugh at them ;)
LOL Then I told the kids that if they couldn't say it in church, they couldn't say it around me. :rolleyes:

:)Barbara

:LOL: my grandma passed before i was 3 so i didn't really know her but mom ................ she would laugh also.

Crude jokes, to me, are actually geared to offending someone in the group, and then you can say, "gee, get over it, have a sense of humor". That is to say obscene sexually oriented jokes in front of people you KNOW will take offense. Racially bad stuff in front of people you know will find it offensive.

In other words, if you're idea of humor requires that you offend some one in the group, then you get to say, "gee, you have no sense of humor", well they, you're being offensive, you are doing it on purpose, so don't be surprised.

When you've known people for many years, you can josh about this stuff, when you are among friends and you know each other. But generally, it isn't funny when you're the butt of the joke and everyone is laughing AT you. No matter the subject, it just isn't funny when everyone is laughing at you because you find language offensive, or any other subject matter.

The other thing is that I learned one thing about living mostly among men in much of my life, is not letting a joke go. Something that was funny once, is NOT funny the 3,000th time you tell the joke, ever, and especially when it is hurtful to someone in the group. I had a lifestyle that had 90% men, oh, make that 95. Every friggin' joke you could make about women and electronics I'd heard a million times before I was 20. They aren't funny any more. I have gapped teeth, and have a dear friend who cannot resist making jokes about the fact that I'm congenetially missing two teeth. Your cheek bones get sick and tired of smiling at jokes made at your expense.

Back
Top Bottom