What cool things can you do with vinegar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

x-termin8or

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone,
I was doing some research a few years ago on vinegar and I came across some amazing (well, if they are true its amazing) facts that vinegar can supposedly do.

Apparently normal vinegar that you use to cook has hundreds of uses (non-cooking related).

For example i heard that if you drink vinegar and water you can cure hiccups. If you have dark hair and you wash it with soap and vinegar you get a nice healthy looking shine. And so on.

Does anyone know if these are true or just urban cooking myths? Anyway, if anyone else knows some cool things you can do with vinegar please let me know... i think it would be something interesting to find out about.

My friend even said there is actually a whole book (quite a thick book) devoted to interesting things you can do with vinegar... so there must be something special about it.:LOL:

If you soak an egg in a cup of vinegar the outer harder shell will disolve leaving the inner membrain. Pretty cool

It works well in cleaning shower doors.
It works well in cleaning in general. Our cleaning lady has us keep a large jug of it just for cleaning. She does the floors with it as well as windows and mirrors and other surfaces.

It works well in cleaning in general. Our cleaning lady has us keep a large jug of it just for cleaning. She does the floors with it as well as windows and mirrors and other surfaces.

I tried that, but when my house started smelling like pickles I quit. :LOL:

Interesting because I keep a spray bottle of vinegar on the kitchen counter to clean the counter and stuff with and even have a bottle that I rinse my hair with. Any vinegary smell is gone in minutes.

There are actually thousands of uses for vinegar and its a great frugal direction to go.
Vinegar Tips - 1001 Uses for white distilled vinegar.

Maybe I just went overboard one day when I did the whole kitchen with vinegar. It was very strong.

I tried that, but when my house started smelling like pickles I quit. :LOL:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When we were little & visiting Grandma, she would have us lay on the kitchen counter so she could wash our hair. After rinsing out the shampoo, she'd do a rinse with white vinegar. Every photo from her house always shows me with super shiny hair. It basically slams the cuticle shut, because of it's acidity. (excuse me whilst I channel Martha Stewart....) it's a good thing.

Actually the vinegar just brings back the normal balance of your skin and hair from the alkaline shampoo. Use it on your husband's rough hands and skin for awhile and they will become baby soft and smooth.

I use vinegar to clean out my coffee maker.

I run water and vinegar through 3 cycles, then rinse with fresh water for 3 cycles. It cleans the coffee maker inside and out.

As a side point, I use regular table salt to clean my stove and counter-tops. It is less abrasive than other cleaning products, easily cleans up caked on foods, is environmentally friendly and really cheap.

My husband uses it to clean off the calcium build up on his reef aquarium stuff....

If you have dark hair and you wash it with soap and vinegar you get a nice healthy looking shine.

I have long black hair. I wash my hair with diluted vinegar after shampooing. It really looks shining.

Back
Top Bottom