What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's also summer down there right now, so we don't have to worry about them shivering in the cold.

I've heard that Alpaca wool is finer than silk? That ought to make for an interesting fabric.

I got a bunch of candy from work, and four pullover fleece sweaters. One from my parents, one from the head pro at work, one from my boss, and one from another cook. Luckily they're all different colors.

I also managed to get a housefull of sick kids. It started with Justin bringing home tonsilitis and an ear infection. It spread to the little ones, and now Stephen (the oldest) has strep. Joy.

Looks like I need to make some chicken soup tonight. Luckily, we have lots of OJ on hand, so they'll get some vitamin C.

Oh no, Allen, that's awful. Poor babies! I hate seeing my kids that sick. Tonsilitis and Strep is some nasty stuff. Hope they feel better soon!!

He brought me several nice things - some saphire and diamond earrings - tickets to a Sing!Sing! concert, a beautiful bird bath, homespa gloves and socks with stuff inside to make me beautiful, a pretty bracelet, more candy than I need to eat in a year. He did NOT bring me a food saver but I went to Kohl's for their early bird sale - and they were out 30 minutes after opening and almost no one in the store. I think that is my second and last trip there. Both times they didn't have anything that I went for that was advertised. The guy wouldn't let me have the demo item either. Also, when I tried to order it online with 99cent shipping - it is not available. We did have a wonderful Christmas. We all ate enough, but didn't overdo it. Of course, we still have lots of food left - desserts were hardly touched so I sent that home with the kids.

I got a rock :(

Ha ha, no, I got some good stuff.

The "biggest" gift I got, both in terms of weight and monetary value, is a kitchen island (AKA a spare countertop). 36" high, just like my regular countertops; butcher-block top; towel rack on the left; knife block on the right (although I don't usually block my "better" knives); there's shelving in the cabinet below, and I can get an optional Wine Rack to attach inside. I'm supposed to wait until this evening before I can use it (there are dowels throught it, and I'm supposed to let the glue dry thoroughly).

So my counter-space has essentially doubled...twice the mess!

Another highlight: friends of mine got me a very nice apron, which sports the words WILL GRILL FOR SEX down the front. :devilish:

I can't wait until the days get longer again...I can wear it on my front porch, while it's still light out. The words are printed large enough to be visible from across the street :ROFLMAO:

--J

...Oh, I almost forgot...

The same friends also got me a T-shirt (also very nice), which says, "The Griller" in large letters across the top; then, in slightly smaller letters below, it says, "if you can't stand the heat, go get me a beer". :-p

They know me too well.

--J

I got a composition notebook, spiderman pencils, Roseart pens, Madagascar, $25, Peanut's Lucy PEZ dispenser (Funny Mom says I am like her!), and calendar from paternal grandparents. Caboodles bath and body crap (Bleack!!! Just get me a gymnastic intruction manual or somethin) from our Dad's brother and family. VeggieTales The Star of Christmas (Great movie but we already have one!) from Mom's sister and family and New Year's eve we are going to our maternal grandparents for Christmas. OH! and tonight we are opening Secret Santa presents!!

OH NO!!!! My birthday is in a month!! And I don't have a list!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Cameron

I'm a spoilt brat. I got a lovely handbag, covered in sequins, a set of pink kitchen scales, an MP3 player and a stripey water resistant watch, that I can wear in the pool.

My mum sent me a package from Australia, I think she forgot that I lost 57lbs this year and bought me pyjamas in my old size, she's going to get a shock when I go home in July!!!

kyles said:
My mum sent me a package from Australia, I think she forgot that I lost 57lbs this year and bought me pyjamas in my old size, she's going to get a shock when I go home in July!!!
Please try to take her picture at the moment she sees you--That will be such a priceless photo! You have done so well Kylie! I am so proud of you!!

Happy New Year!!

:) Barbara

Kyles.............57 lbs............
img_206884_0_f56227225c39e81ccb3eac10171c0cb2.gif

I got a Breadman TR4000 Ultimate Bread Machine. Still reading up on how to use this thing. My old bread machine is dying, so this was a nice surprise. I do not recommend getting this one as a first, it's very complicated but oh my how many cool things this thing will do!!!
I think it even wipes your nose when you have a cold!

Now I have to put on my thinking cap..:)
A room heater from Costco
Renewal of our costco Card
A beautiful Nylon Jacket (wind breaker)
Mr Coffee Pot
$50.00 gift certificate for Mervens Department store
A 34" Chimes made of copper pipes..sounds like Church Bells
A long copper bird feeder that can also be used for the little Finch birds
A robe
a "Granny night gown" (flannel)
Two blouses
A tin of home made cookies and candy from a neighbor

A wonderful Christmas Eve with my 2 sons, DIL and 2 grandsons for gift opening and good food and a delicious Prime Rib dinner on Christmas Day at our son John's home with my DIL and her side of the family.

I am Blessed..
Marge

Last edited:
I got an artists journal that has 3 pencils, a ruler and a drawing book, a watch and a LOT of hair bows. Tonight we open Secret Santa gifts and soon we will go to our maternal gradparents and open more.

Grace:)

my family being together for Christmas.
a gold ring with diamonds, a new chain for my Crucifix,
also, $100, another $100, another $25, b&b works lotion, a framed diploma, address book, photo albums, socks, corner lamp, paper shredder, a pressure cooker, some other things.
i got boots, too. they're really cute. only $99, too, cause they were on sale.:-p
i got my family a kitty.

Last edited:
For Channukah tonight I got a Dolly Parton CD (Little Sparrow). I also got "The Complete Annotated grateful Dead Lyrics" book which I would highly recommend for any Deadheads out there or anyone who loves good lyrics. My brother got me a great cast iron teapot with some very tasty tea.

dgail620 said:
I got a Breadman TR4000 Ultimate Bread Machine. Still reading up on how to use this thing. My old bread machine is dying, so this was a nice surprise. I do not recommend getting this one as a first, it's very complicated but oh my how many cool things this thing will do!!!
I think it even wipes your nose when you have a cold!

umm, dgail, why are there green things in my pane di pistacio? oh, uhuhuhuh, that's pistacio bread. nevermind...

i still haven't gotten the train set, dolphins, or world peace...:(

awww poor bucky... if it helps any i STILL didn't get my horse !!!!!
this makes 28 christmas's in a row now still with no horse !

The best gift of all was having my family and friends here to share the day with me while we gorged ourselves on the Christmas Dinner I fixed.

Antique Hoosier Cabinet (got that early actually)
Thick....Soft.....Cuddly Pink Robe..........I'd wear this out of the house if I could but DH would have me commited. Seriously though its the first thing I grab when I get out of bed and if I don't have anywhere to go its what I have on all day.....hee hee!
A sexy little pink nightie
A gorgeous earring/necklace set (pink tormoline/peridot stones set in sterling silver)......I'm not a huge fan of sterling silver but this is really beautiful and it went perfectly with the shirt I was wearing on Christmas day.
Canister Set
Bread Board and Knife set.

Cosco............the little one is gorgeous and I vote you got the best also.

Barbara L. ..... I love the Waltons. I'm going to have to check into the series thing. I watch The Homecoming every Christmas.

Bucky.....I just got that cookbook (Lidia's) last week. I also got her Family Table Cookbook too.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Since it was bedlam here it took me a day to recover:LOL: We had so much fun and the grandkids just had a ball. I got a large picture framed in black for my kitchen, from my two daughters and their DH's, 3 new cookbooks,think DH was trying to tell me something?:LOL: a sweater, bracelet and earrings, from my sister, an angel ornament from Cade and Carson, money from my mom, those wall shelves you set pictures on for the family room plus 6 frames to start re-doing the pictures to match, from my girls, dinner out on New Years eve from my youngest son, ..another sweater from my neice, a gift certificate for more frames and shelves from my son and daughter-in-law and grand daughters,a new coffee pot from DH, plus iou's one to put in a wood floor in the family room and one to remodel my kitchen!!!!! Santa was a sweetheart this year :LOL: But, I'd have been happy just to sit and take in the smiles of my fasmily and espicially those little grand kids as they opened their gifts..Each gift got me a hug and kiss so My Christmas was the best...
Having grand kids is a blessing, one I treasure each day..

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom