"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-26-2006, 03:52 AM   #21
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo
i got ... some measuring spoons ... and a trip to domincan republic.
Whoa! Kinda slipped that last one in there on the sly, didn't ya, Gobo?!

Well, obviously Santa has his good days and his bad, and you caught him on both!

Have fun!!

Old 12-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by philso
just what is it you're brewing up in that so-called "lab" of yours???

It`s a very good question, for which there is sadly no one single simple answer. it covers Most areas of Science though and suffice to say there`s Always Some project or another "brewing" at any given time, often several at once.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Wow! What nice gifts everyone got! I was very blessed this year - cash, cash and cash as well as a thermapen, silicone mits and trivets, a new shower head with a small one on the side (for what I don't know yet), lovely canisters for my new countertop (when I get them), a cookbook with famous restaurants secret recipes, perfume, a beautiful throw blanket, face cream (for my newly acquired wrinkles), a wonderful candle from my daughter, two bottles of crown royal, a silk scarf from Japan, and from my DC secret santa - wonderful coffee, scrumptious hot chocolate, scrapbooking paper, a notepad and a beautiful mug-thank you santa.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

i got a beautiful japanese iron tea pot, trivet, and cups for my desk at work, and some sencha and a fancy oolong.

also, a new 6Mp digital camera, and a beard trimmer.

the best two gifts weren't material, tho. one was umm, corporeal enjoyment , the other was my boy playing "i'm gonna kiss your whole face", this time as the kisser. he's so funny.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #25
Chief Eating Officer

I was given the gift of watching my daughter open her 10,000 gifts her her Nana and Voovoo, er um I mean from Santa. It was so much fun watching her rip open the paper and run from person to person helping open their gifts as well.

I was given Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. I am loving this book. I was also given some Simpsons DVD's and some Foodsaver canisters among a few other things. I was just happy to be able to spend the time with family.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #26
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Easily the best X-mas ever in terms of the loot I took home.

30GB iPod
Portable iPod Stereo
Cuisinart Food Processor
Digital Read Candy Thermometer
A giant SS Calphalon Wok
Some great new serving bowl and platters
New white wine glasses
Season #1 of '24'
Various assorted shirts, etc.

Finally, definitely the BEST gift I got this X-mas, my very first piece of cast iron. It's an 8 inch pan, but here's the real kicker: it's one of my grandmother's many cast iron pieces that she has saved from several generations ago in our family. She believes it belonged to her grandmother originally, but can't tell for sure b/c her gradmother and great grandmother shared the same first name, and she can't quite discern who it belonged to from journals that one of my ancestors kept when they were terkking out into frontier land way back in the 1800s sometime. Either way, I'm so happy to have it and I'm almost scared to use it because its so old.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #27
Head Chef

Wow, sounds like everyone had a nice xmas. I didn't get ANYTHING food or cooking related - boo! Every year I write down all the gadgets, cookbooks, pans I want and this year my requests were ignored. However, I made out like a fat cat. My hubby got me earrings from Tiffanys, a Lecoste polo, Out of Africa on DVD (!) and a couple of t-shirts I'd been wanting. Other family gave me gift cards, leather gloves, PJs and house shoes. I'm going out later to snag some goodies with my gift cards.....
Old 12-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #28
Master Chef

Re: "Out of Africa" - Why the exclamation point Toots? Do you like or hate it? I LOVE that movie (although husband hates it - lol). In fact, he bought it for me on DVD so I could watch it at will when he's not around - lol!!!! Romance, adventure, & true human spirit (as in everyone has their own personal human foibles - we ain't all perfect).
Old 12-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #29
Master Chef

Material wise... not much... well, I take that back, my niece got me a lovely carving set which I adore. But apart from that, the best gift I got this year was being able to share in my husband's family, to be a part of it and to enjoy being around them. (I have all but lost my family and have since adopted my husbands family.)

Another great gift this Christmas was to be able to rekindle a relationship with my mother-in-law... let what is in the past remain in the past, and look forward to new friendships and relationships.

And, to Jeff, my brother-in-law who was lost and is now found, he has found his family and many wounds are in the healing process.

Thank you for the blessings Lord!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:12 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Thumbs up

WOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
let what is in the past remain in the past, and look forward to new friendships and relationships.
Well said!

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote