What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Santa in the forms of my children, grandchildren and Secret Santa made it possible for me to open quite a few gifts. I already told you about my gift baskets but, last night, I opened the rest of my gifts with my brother at his house after his Christmas party/open house.

What I can remember right now are three cookbooks...Baking with Julia, Culinary Artistry and Roadfood Sandwiches. I also received the DVD of Polar Express, which I love. A Reba McEntire CD, Reba Duets. Another book, sewing, called pretty little potholders, which will result in lots of folks getting potholders for Christmas next year.

One set of grandchildren gave me a digital picture frame loaded with tons of their photos and room on the card for lots more. Son, Aaron, and his wife gave me a pair of speakers for my new laptop. Now I can really, really enjoy my Pandora music.

Secret Santa was very good to me with a package of dark chocolate pomegranate candies. If I hadn't exercised some self-control I would've eaten the whole bag in one sitting. In addition to the candies, Secret Santa gave me the cutest set of Christmas salt and pepper shakers. I'm not sure how Santa knew Buck and I collected salt and pepper shakers. We have several hundred sets. There was also a beautiful ceramic tile with easel stand. The tile says, "I believe in old friends and new shoes." Perfect. I'm a shoeaholic. Buck gave me all sorts of shoe-related things over the years. Shoe ornaments, nightshirts with shoes printed on it, shoe needlepoint pillows.....

The last gift my Secret Santa gave me was a custom-made necklace. It's made out of Scrabble tiles and has my name spelled out. It's detailed with blue cording and blue beads. Blue is my favorite color. Love it. I've never had anything with my name or initials.

Thank you so much Secret Santa. Now I know why Barbara L was/is looking for old Scrabble tiles.

Not sure I would want to hear my own voice telling me where to go!

:)Barbara

lol, uh oh, i hope my wife doesn't find out that she can download her voice.

reminds me of the old irish guy that was driving along a country road when his wife fell out of the car. a little farther up, the police stopped him. when he found out about his wife, he remarked "oh, thank god. i thought i'd finally gone deaf." :cool:

lol, uh oh, i hope my wife doesn't find out that she can download her voice.

reminds me of the old irish guy that was driving along a country road when his wife fell out of the car. a little farther up, the police stopped him. when he found out about his wife, he remarked "oh, thank god. i thought i'd finally gone deaf." :cool:
Act 1, Scene 1. James is driving through an unfamiliar city. He turns on his Tom-Tom, newly programed with Barbara's voice. He punches in his destination. All seems to be going well.

Act 1, Scene 2. Suddenly the Tom-Tom goes haywire. It has gone silent. Frustrated, James shakes the Tom-Tom, yelling, "What street am I supposed to take?!" Barbara's voice, icy cold, says, "Well if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!"

:LOL:Barbara

Actually, I'm sure you can find a "Joisey" voice! You can go online and download voices. You can even use your own voice. Not sure I would want to hear my own voice telling me where to go!

:)Barbara

rotflol!!! Yes, it is bad enough when other people tell me where to go.

Don't forget to tip your waiters! And for those reading, I'll be back tomorrow.

lol Barabra that sounds like me... only I'd say "Well you never listen to me anyway so figure it out on your own !".

.... or just turn off when you thnik you know the way better ;o)
that's what I expect out Miss Becker to do (Becker Traffic Assist) one day

Santa brought us some more crockery and some more cutlery, lots of sweets and I think that's it...

DH and I stopped making christmas presents a few years ago.. we better invest in something bigger we need or we want to have, like a Saeco automatic espresso coffee machine, a new freezer, new sleeping room furniture or something like this...
this year we need a new fridge/freezer-combination for the kitchen..

oh.. and I almost forgot the gift I gave me:
A Canon 50D ;o)

The DW bought me 6 custom racing jerseys like this, and Ellie Kreiger cookbook, a basket with different oils, vinegars, spices etc.

A set of Copper Pots.
A gas powered leaf blower.
New Office chair for home.
Jack Black Products.
Money.

Over All, Pretty Good.

A set of Copper Pots.
A gas powered leaf blower.
New Office chair for home.
Jack Black Products.
Money.

Over All, Pretty Good.
Ooooh, copper pots and money! You must have been very good this year.:) But I have to ask, what are Jack Black products? I know who Jack Black is and I love him but I didn't know he had products.

Sorry about that. I guess it would be confusing. It is a company out of Texas that makes hair, face and skin products for men. It all works great. The hand lotion is the best. No greasy feel. My brother in law turned me on to the stuff years ago. You either have to get it online or on better dept. stores. www.getjackblack.com We gave my 12 year old some stuff a couple months back, and although like me, does not have a bad completion, his skin looks great, and he feels better about himself.

I have no family to speak of, a sister four years my junior across the country. I did get a letter from her...lawyers. Signed it and sent it back. Mum's estate and all. I also got to spend Christmas Eve at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, where I host the homeless shelter one night a week. Made sure a dozen and a half people got a hot dinner, a movie and a clean, safe, warm, dry place to sleep, who otherwise would not have. Christmas morning I got up early (5:00 am) and put the coffee on, lit the griddle on the range, and started grating spuds, chopping onion, frying sausage and breaking eggs. By six, when I woke my charges, they had a hot breakfast waiting for them. It was cold and rainy, so I let 'em stay past the regular time to turn out. They helped clean up after us, and stayed until the church's scheduled time for use of the hall. From Santa, however...nada. Guess I've been bad...

Sorry about that. I guess it would be confusing. It is a company out of Texas that makes hair, face and skin products for men. It all works great. The hand lotion is the best. No greasy feel. My brother in law turned me on to the stuff years ago. You either have to get it online or on better dept. stores. www.getjackblack.com We gave my 12 year old some stuff a couple months back, and although like me, does not have a bad completion, his skin looks great, and he feels better about himself.
Thanks! That stuff looks amazing. I bookmarked the page and I think I may get some for my boys, too.

I have no family to speak of, a sister four years my junior across the country. I did get a letter from her...lawyers. Signed it and sent it back. Mum's estate and all. I also got to spend Christmas Eve at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, where I host the homeless shelter one night a week. Made sure a dozen and a half people got a hot dinner, a movie and a clean, safe, warm, dry place to sleep, who otherwise would not have. Christmas morning I got up early (5:00 am) and put the coffee on, lit the griddle on the range, and started grating spuds, chopping onion, frying sausage and breaking eggs. By six, when I woke my charges, they had a hot breakfast waiting for them. It was cold and rainy, so I let 'em stay past the regular time to turn out. They helped clean up after us, and stayed until the church's scheduled time for use of the hall. From Santa, however...nada. Guess I've been bad...
Gadzooks, the reason Santa didn't stop by your place is because you are Santa!!! I got a lump in my throat reading your post and picturing you taking care of our brothers and sisters while I slept warm in my bed. Thank you, my friend, for your service.

Tortilla press, blanket for my bed, Nintendo DS Lite, earrings, The Hunt for Red October DVD, and 2 books (The Tale of Despereaux and Dewey - The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World), and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

But the best thing was that my family was able to get together on Christmas Day (it was snowing heavily off and on that day) and that we are all healthy and happy.

Tortilla press, blanket for my bed, Nintendo DS Lite, earrings, The Hunt for Red October DVD, and 2 books (The Tale of Despereaux and Dewey - The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World), and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

But the best thing was that my family was able to get together on Christmas Day (it was snowing heavily off and on that day) and that we are all healthy and happy.

Sierra, you'll love the book. I read it quite a while ago and fell in love with the characters. I'd love to see the movie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom