"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #71
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
A set of Copper Pots.
A gas powered leaf blower.
New Office chair for home.
Jack Black Products.
Money.

Over All, Pretty Good.
Ooooh, copper pots and money! You must have been very good this year. But I have to ask, what are Jack Black products? I know who Jack Black is and I love him but I didn't know he had products.
__________________

__________________
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #72
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vacherie, LA
Posts: 147
Sorry about that. I guess it would be confusing. It is a company out of Texas that makes hair, face and skin products for men. It all works great. The hand lotion is the best. No greasy feel. My brother in law turned me on to the stuff years ago. You either have to get it online or on better dept. stores. www.getjackblack.com We gave my 12 year old some stuff a couple months back, and although like me, does not have a bad completion, his skin looks great, and he feels better about himself.
__________________

__________________
padams2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #73
Sous Chef
 
gadzooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 838
I have no family to speak of, a sister four years my junior across the country. I did get a letter from her...lawyers. Signed it and sent it back. Mum's estate and all. I also got to spend Christmas Eve at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, where I host the homeless shelter one night a week. Made sure a dozen and a half people got a hot dinner, a movie and a clean, safe, warm, dry place to sleep, who otherwise would not have. Christmas morning I got up early (5:00 am) and put the coffee on, lit the griddle on the range, and started grating spuds, chopping onion, frying sausage and breaking eggs. By six, when I woke my charges, they had a hot breakfast waiting for them. It was cold and rainy, so I let 'em stay past the regular time to turn out. They helped clean up after us, and stayed until the church's scheduled time for use of the hall. From Santa, however...nada. Guess I've been bad...
__________________
gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #74
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Sorry about that. I guess it would be confusing. It is a company out of Texas that makes hair, face and skin products for men. It all works great. The hand lotion is the best. No greasy feel. My brother in law turned me on to the stuff years ago. You either have to get it online or on better dept. stores. www.getjackblack.com We gave my 12 year old some stuff a couple months back, and although like me, does not have a bad completion, his skin looks great, and he feels better about himself.
Thanks! That stuff looks amazing. I bookmarked the page and I think I may get some for my boys, too.
__________________
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #75
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
I have no family to speak of, a sister four years my junior across the country. I did get a letter from her...lawyers. Signed it and sent it back. Mum's estate and all. I also got to spend Christmas Eve at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, where I host the homeless shelter one night a week. Made sure a dozen and a half people got a hot dinner, a movie and a clean, safe, warm, dry place to sleep, who otherwise would not have. Christmas morning I got up early (5:00 am) and put the coffee on, lit the griddle on the range, and started grating spuds, chopping onion, frying sausage and breaking eggs. By six, when I woke my charges, they had a hot breakfast waiting for them. It was cold and rainy, so I let 'em stay past the regular time to turn out. They helped clean up after us, and stayed until the church's scheduled time for use of the hall. From Santa, however...nada. Guess I've been bad...
Gadzooks, the reason Santa didn't stop by your place is because you are Santa!!! I got a lump in my throat reading your post and picturing you taking care of our brothers and sisters while I slept warm in my bed. Thank you, my friend, for your service.
__________________
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #76
Master Chef
 
cara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 5,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
The DW bought me 6 custom racing jerseys like this,.

why do you need six??
__________________
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #77
Master Chef
 
SierraCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sierra Valley, Northern California, USA
Posts: 5,580
Tortilla press, blanket for my bed, Nintendo DS Lite, earrings, The Hunt for Red October DVD, and 2 books (The Tale of Despereaux and Dewey - The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World), and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

But the best thing was that my family was able to get together on Christmas Day (it was snowing heavily off and on that day) and that we are all healthy and happy.
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #78
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
why do you need six??
They're all different colors. Also, if the track is real muddy I'll change after practice and each race after that.
__________________
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #79
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook View Post
Tortilla press, blanket for my bed, Nintendo DS Lite, earrings, The Hunt for Red October DVD, and 2 books (The Tale of Despereaux and Dewey - The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World), and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

But the best thing was that my family was able to get together on Christmas Day (it was snowing heavily off and on that day) and that we are all healthy and happy.
Sierra, you'll love the book. I read it quite a while ago and fell in love with the characters. I'd love to see the movie.
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.