What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH gave me lots of kitchen stuff - he loves to benefit from my having these tools :) A Le Creuset tagine and Moroccan cookbook, a Henckels santoku knife, and The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook: Featuring More Than 1,200 Kitchen-Tested Recipes. I may never need another cookbook :LOL: (Not!)

A bottle of olive oil/balsamic/herb dipping oil from my sister, gift basket of candies and cookies from my uncle, gift basket of coffees and cookies and a Ladder-Ball game (?!?) from my in-laws, gift certificate from my brother-in-law. A very nice Christmas this year.

DH always prefers to buy his own Christmas gifts, so he bought himself a new tool cabinet for the shop and a food saver, which is for both of us.
He gave me a lovely pair of earrings and cash to spend however I like.
My daughter gave me some Pampered Chef goodies...a stone bar pan, Rachel Ray silicone cooking utensils with a notch in the handle so they'll hang on the cooking pot, and a cool combination mitt/towel thing for taking hot dishes out of the oven.
We're not finished yet...our other daughter and family are coming tomorrow.

I got the same thing I've been getting for the last several years:

Several Starbucks cards
underwear
T shirts
socks
more underwear
underwear
See's candies
underwear

And every year I buy roadfix a gift. This year I got roadfix a mini-laptop.

I HAVE MY PANASONIC 50"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOOO!!!
Watching Transformers again. Just isn't the same on the little one!!

I got a rare Kitchenaid mixer [in October].

And I received a gift card, cash, and a Kitchenaid mouse pad.

I got just what I wanted:
1. a cheap hand mixer for when my KA Pro 6 quart 600 watt is "just a little too big"
2. a second set of the "spin and store" containers "as seen on TV".
3. A christmas rug to put on some of the bare floor which is patiently waiting for our new carpet after the flood
4. A fleece blanket to keep me warm when I am keeping my leg up and icing it.
5. A beautiful One of a kind Christmas ornament that can sit in its box on the table since we don't have a tree!
6. Candy....because who can't use that!
7. A set of four beautiful Laura Ashley Christmas dessert plates
8. The Top Chef and 3 other cookbooks to make up for the fact all mine are in storage
9. More to come when I can meet with my family and a couple of friends!

lots of great gifts, to be sure...but more importanty, I got a homeful of great guests and lots of new memories. Santa brought me 5 pounds too...but I think I'm going to have to return that.

It's okay, Vera. Thanks to the Flu Santa brought me I lost about 5 pounds and that is a gift in itself....you honestly don't have to return them!

Quite a few things, but the most notable being an Audi R8.

Santa screwed up. I was very naughty this year :P

We love our Tom-Tom! The voice we use most often is a nice British lady, and we have named her Thomasina!

:)Barbara

Pay the 5 bucks and get John Cleese. It's well worth it.

Other than th at, I use "Sylvia"--the one who sounds like a phone sex operator.

my biggest gift was having all of my family around. also got gift certi. for joanne's fabrics. a beautiful plant from my daughter, candles and soap. my oldest granddaugher got me a new teddy for my collection. also got this thing to put in micro and heat up to lay on sore spots such as my knees. lots of good food, laughter and the delight on my little great granddaughters face when she saw the trike i bought for her. priceless

some how when you become a mother you no longer receive gifts from family and friends!! lol oh well, I can relive my childhood through my daughter and what better gift can you ask for!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom