What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
I got a bottle of perfume, a new griddle pan, a Paula Deen cookbook, and best of all... Sirius Sattelite radio ! Best Christmas I've had in years !

A Kindle
A bathrobe ( soft and dark fuzzy green)
A Better Homes and Garden Cook book
Chocolate
Bubble Bath
A humming bird x-mas decoration and a few snowmen ..one is a night light that was made wrong and will only plug in UPSIDE DOWN! Frosty looks a bit silly standing on his head
A New England cook book and Brown bread ( yummmmy!!!)
A beach bag filled with paper back books to read next time we go to Mexico ( oh please let it be soooon)
A sweater
and a few other odds and ends! Santa was a nice guy! ( so were mom and Paul and my aunts and my friends!)

Santa knew I was an awfully good girl:
Clothes
Jewelry
Baking cookbooks
aforementioned copper jamming pot
yummy cookies
and a gift box from my secret santa that is running late due to very bad weather

I actually got most of my Christmas gifts early because James was concerned about me (slippers, a foot-warmer/massager), and because I needed some things for jewelry-making (assorted tools). Santa brought chocolate covered cherries and some other candy. A friend gave "us" (me, lol) a cloth bag and the book "Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama."

:)Barbara

As far as my gift giving the one gift I was sure was going to be a dud was the best one I gave. I almost did not give it because it was something I picked up and then thought the recipient must allready have being such a fan of the sports team the book was about but to the contrary it was a book he was despereately wanting to read so that was nice. :)

On the receiving end.. I got a 9qt round le creuset dutch oven! This is the gift I am most excitred about I cannot wait to use it. The office chili cookoff is coming up too,

My gift to myself is a griswold #12 skillet... I really cant justify this but I really wanted one.

You all got such wonderful gifts! I hope you all enjoy them to the fullest :)

I received some nice ones as well.. some gift cards, a breadmaker that also makes baguettes and egg pasta, pyjamas bathrobe and slippers, odds and ends in my stocking (a cd, necklace, etc), two cat calenders, a popcorn maker (I have wanted one for sooo long!), a cheque from my grand papa..a few other things too :)

It was so nice to have my Mom here for christmas. My uncle also popped by. Tomorrow morning Nick's Mom and sister are coming by train. We have about 10 bottles of wine and so many different kinds of booze.... our bar is overflowing, we stacked stuff on top!

I got a number of things but I will tell you about this one that was too funny!!

My wife took the kids out shopping and my DD could not decide on what she wanted to get for me. My wife found a shirt she wanted to give to me but DD insisted she wanted to give it to me.

It was from a new store that opened in town and it had a cool drawing along with a skull on the shirt. I wore it later in the day to her parents and when I took off my jacket my DW's sister gave me a funny look and asked why I was wearing that shirt.

The shirt is from "SRH" which I guess means "Supporting Radical Habits" some kinda pot smoker/druggy shirt. It was too funny and we made jokes about it all night. I told my wife she better drive home so "The Man" didnt give me any trouble. hahaha

All in all it was probably my funnest Christmas ever! Hope you all had a great time too!!!

So far a gift basket from a loving lady here on DC, a beautiful jeweled and painted ornament and some body lotion. Will open the rest of my gifts and my Secret Santa tomorrow night at my youngest brother's house when I have Christmas with him.

Lots of wonderful things from my parents, in-laws and siblings ... DH (the real santa) got me 2 new Pendleton wool jackets (the 49'er and a reversible one) and a new Coach bag but the best gift was from our niece who ventured out and purchased gifts for everyone on her own. I got a beautiful pair of silver earrings and she found a collectible Blazers 7-up bottle from their championship year for DH and from our nephew (who is 2), a glittered pinecone to hang on the tree next year.

DW suprised me with a Cuisinart mandoline, which I promptly used to prepare potatoes for a casserole. She also astounded me with a Rockler wood lathe and a set of Robert Sorby lathe tools! I'll be spending lots more time in my woodworking shop from now on. I replied with some jewelry she had been admiring and a couple of nice items from Coach. Also a couple of collectable Coca Cola bottles to add to her considerable hoard, plus a flattened Coke bottle for the wall in her sewing room. Best gifts for both of us were calls from the kids and grandkids. Most precious gifts of all!

"The Bread Baker's Apprentice", "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and a Cuisinart 3 cup mini food processor.

Mine & DW's favorite gift was our eldest DD's engagement announcement. We have loved the guy from the first day she brought him around. Yep, Mama is a real happy camper (me too) because now she can start planning a wedding. There goes my retirement fund.

I got a nice digital meat thermometer
stemless wine glasses
pastry bags and tips
fuzzy socks from Eddie Bauer
xmas ornaments
some cash
rather sexy Victoria Secret nightie (I asked for flannel PJ bottoms!)

It was a nice Christmas.

a tom-tom gps, a n.j. devils fleece pullover, another zippered fleece, hand cranked (dynamo) flashlights, and a lot of chocolate.

I have an old school chum who I haven't actually SEEN sinc 1967......... we re-discovered each other at Classmates.com about a decade ago. W usually exchange modest gifts, via UPS (I'm on the east coast- he's on the west) He's always been a thoughful gift giver, but this year he's outdone himself...........

img_753988_0_1542ad19ff3a43f8ad9e0cdc94316b9b.jpg

twelve-year-old balsamic vinegar and DiBruno's Private Collection Fruttato Olive Oil
The vinegar is AMAZING ! How will I ever go back to the "Neuvo" stuff ?

I got a radio controlled alarm clock, some shirts, a nice big gardner's mug, a share in a bottle of wine, chocs & biscuits. My sister also gave DW and I a lovely long pewter dish, some flavoured oil, balsamic vinegar and some other cooking goodies.

Back
Top Bottom