What DID you accomplish today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got around to making my first ever batch of home-made refried beans. The best thing is, they turned out great!

:)Barbara
That is what I have always thought of doing, just never got around to doing it. My boyfriend loves Mexican food and would appreciate the homemade refried beans rather than the canned. Do you have a recipe?

Assembled a porta-crib to keep in guest room ... my first grandchild / granddaughter, daughter, & son-in-law come for a visit next month ... now I have to sew Care Bear sheets & bumper pad.

And my doggie Lucy was standing by to give me assembly advice ... :LOL:

img_792962_0_9703505c15fece553c8ed4ce4984ad71.jpg
What a cute little room. Congratulations on our new grandchild! :) I'm sure the sheets will look adorable!

What a cute dog! It's always handy to have someone overseeing things. :LOL:

That is what I have always thought of doing, just never got around to doing it. My boyfriend loves Mexican food and would appreciate the homemade refried beans rather than the canned. Do you have a recipe?
I read some recipes here, but I didn't have most of the things they called for (and can't afford to go get them), so I just improvised. I just cooked my pinto beans until they were soft. I rinsed them and then almost covered them with water again. I didn't have onion or anything, so I added onion powder, granulated garlic, a few good shakes of Tabasco, and a good-sized blob of lard (I have always heard it is best, and it worked great). I just cooked on low for quite awhile, stirring and mashing (with a potato masher). These didn't turn out really spicy, which I do sometimes like, but I just added the spice when I made burritos with them. I actually like the canned ones (some brands anyway), and truthfully I was trying to make mine kind of like them, but better (if you know what I mean).

:)Barbara

I didn't accomplish much, so tired today, I fell asleep while my bread was in the oven, so it got a little too brown but it was still delicious.

My last nerve was stepped on this morning and, as a result, I pitched a hissy-fit at the cable company. Then because of it or coincidence, I had phone and Internet service this afternoon. Beyond that, washed and set my hair.

I didn't accomplish much, so tired today, I fell asleep while my bread was in the oven, so it got a little too brown but it was still delicious.
Hope you're not as tired today..I've had that happen to me and it's awful trying to keep going. That bread sounds so good. I need to make some for friday to go with the beans the kids asked for.:)
kadesma

I got all my colourful beads out and made some ear rings today, first for months. It is good to be creative again.

I started a batch of Artisan 5 min. a day bread dough. Also usual chores of feeding cats and cleaning litter boxes. Made Coffee , loaded dishwasher of this mornings dishes.

I needed to get a copy of a title on a mobile home I've owned for 20 years for financial reasons and after making three trips to the county office and them searching through their old computer system I finally was able to get the title copy. Those ladies at the county office went above and beyond to help me.

Pealed an entire jars worth of garlic (any hints on how to get the smell off my fingers?), helped my daughter blow up a bunch of balloons to fill her friend's car with for the girl's 18th birthday, put together my Pampered Chef new consultant book, and organized my little instruction cards all while watching a Roseanne marathon on Oxygen. It's more than I've done in days and it really doesn't feel like all that much.

Pealed an entire jars worth of garlic (any hints on how to get the smell off my fingers?), helped my daughter blow up a bunch of balloons to fill her friend's car with for the girl's 18th birthday, put together my Pampered Chef new consultant book, and organized my little instruction cards all while watching a Roseanne marathon on Oxygen. It's more than I've done in days and it really doesn't feel like all that much.

Lemon juice... that's what I have always heard to take away odor from the hands, due to onions or garlic.

Happy Birthday to your DD's friend!

AND, I love Roseanne!! That is like my family back in NY state.

Me, I worked today, and then I came home to make dinner. I am spoiling myself tonight, while doing laundry. Exciting, eh? :rolleyes:

Cleaned my cooking range, unloaded dishwasher, put bread dough in oven, feed cats, empty litter boxes, made coffee.

I have been swimming today and going to make a vegetarian stir fry with lots of crunchy vegetables and chick peas. I feel the spring in the air and start eating healty for those sunny days ahead.

Worked all day, threw chicken tenders in the oven,took a bubble bath, finished putting the stamps on the wedding invitations and now I'm relaxing on the puter

Worked all day, threw chicken tenders in the oven,took a bubble bath, finished putting the stamps on the wedding invitations and now I'm relaxing on the puter
Ahhh.... a bubble bath, that's what I need after working all day, but I'm making dinner!... but you're three hours ahead of me, so that explains it.

On your avartar, is that your kitty? That looks like a cat I had years ago, named Cassie.

Me, I worked all day. Then, I came home and unloaded the dishwasher/partially loaded it up again, 2 loads of laundry, making supper, made a big pitcher of iced tea... and that's about it so far... on the computer, too!

Shredded some Vermont cheddar for use in the bread dough.
Made a batch of Vermont Cheddar Cheese bread dough and baked 3 loaves of them.
Cleaned up the kitchen.

I rearrange my office. I recently purchased a new computer and found when moving my computer desk that it was literally on it's last leg, so I bought a new computer desk and rearranged the whole room in the process. Now it's nice and neat and no I can't promise it will stay that way!

took 1/2 of my kids swing set apart ( since they no longer use it).
The other 1/2 is wednesdays project.
Nothing feels better than swinging a sledge hammer in 20 degree weather....

Car washed and oil changed; sanded new patio screen and applied one coat of varnish. Waiting for it to dry, then will sand and give it another coat. Baking Coconut creamcheese pound cake for DW. (surprise)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom