What DID you accomplish today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Packed my suitcase for my trip to Dave's so I can have some Coconut Cream Cheese Poundcake! :LOL:

Yesterday I listed some things on ebay and I listed more today. Still lots more to list. I will list as many as I can today.

:)Barbara

Today was a challenge, 4 kids and all think they are starving at 3:30. None liked the lunch they were served so..order 1- a large baked potato, med hamburger patty, ravioli,bread and butter, buttered green beans
order-2 small burger patty, 1/2 hot dog, ravioli, green beans large baked potato, bread and butter, sliced strawberries
order 3 hot dog, mac and cheese, green beans, ravioli,
order 4 ravioli, bread and butter 2 helpings of ravioli, mac and cheese, strawberries and a bite of hamburger and a bite of hot dog under protest...next time I was told he'd have scrambled eggs and cheese:LOL: now it's quiet and everyone has gone home..DH just asked me if I planned to cook anything else or was the 2 hamburgers and my hot dog he had for dinner all there was?:wacko:
kadesma:ohmy:

Last edited:
Barbara: Come on over! Talk about a rich cake (6 eggs, 1/2 lb Butter, 3 cups sugar); just looking at it I put on a pound. Just to make it more decadent I put on cream cheese frosting.

Got the lawn tractor out...It Cranked the first time....Yipeee....Cut some weeds, and and early spring "stuff" in the backyard, and a small section on one side of the house...
Naw..it ain't spring just yet...but it wanna be long now.

went shopping, lol, did buy fabric to make two pj lounging pants. that is about it, course the usual picking up and putting things away.
I've been hunting for a pattern to make shorts for Olivia for summer. The stores are full of shorts but they are so short underwear is seen with every move. Both my daughter and I just like shorts a little longer and more comfortable.Found some pretty pink striped seersucker I'd like to use.now to find a pattern..Do you have a favorite name pattern company?
kades

Last edited:
So far this morning, I cut up 4 lbs of meat, grind them in my food grinder, vac sealed them and put them in the freezer. Also cut my finger:glare:, bleeding wouldn't stop for 10 min, thought I would have to go to the emergency room. :ohmy:

Not a lot, made banana bead, mixed the tuna for dinner, picked up some puzzles for Carson next friday, got Olivia some hair ribbons and also got puzzles for Ethan and a project for cade. Now I need to go water my plants on the patio and feed the fish

kadesma

AAADD

(Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)

This is how Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder manifests itself:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight w! hen we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter

the flowers don't have enough water

there is still only one check in my check book

I can't find the remote

I can't find my glasses

I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really! baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Have a Great Day!

Guts...been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.

Besides the normal morning "chores," I baked a loaf of banana-nut bread. The smell nearly made me crazy. Can't wait to slice into it and smear some cream cheese on it.

Back
Top Bottom