What DID you accomplish today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I just added to the line about what I should be doing, but it occurred to me to add a line for patting ourselves on our backs. What did you do today that makes you feel good about yourself. I don't mean earth-shattering (that's OK, too), but also the little stuff. For example, I made my husband's favorite breakfast (blintzes) and lunch (BLTs) as part of my Valentine's day gift to him. Small, but good stuff is fine. Catching up on chores. Stuff like that.

Despite fighting a cold I am making a dent in the kitchen and I've got a roast cooking so I can break it down and make tacos tonight.

I'm working hard on making a nice blog and yesterday I made my first ever homemade mac and cheese.

I cleaned all the mail and junk off the dining room table, and hemmed 2 pair of pants for my GF.

Doesn't sound like much, but it is my day off work!

Got up early and took a 7 am spinning class, went and got the paper and some nice pastries for my husband's breakfast, cleaned out the refrigerator, have my favorite lunch in front of me (insert sarcasm here) non-fat yogurt, non-fat (and no taste) popcorn, and water. Oh yum. I'm trying to lose "that last 10 pounds" that is so brutal. I've work out HARD 6 times per week, plus low fat foods for the last 6 weeks. Know what I've lost? 4 pounds. Jeesh.

Well, I got up and sent a couple messages.

I perused a Food Network Kitchens cookbook and found a recipe for tonight.... Chicken Saltimbocca

I went to WinCo (HUGE grocery store with very reasonable prices) and got things I needed for the week.... even things I really didn't need.... two pork roasts, potato chips and jello. :ermm:

When I got home, I was greeted by the neighbor's black lab as I was getting out of my car.

I put the groceries away, and Mark went out for a late breakfast. He's having a pork picnic roast for dinner with potatoes, another vegie and garlic bread. That is in the small crock-pot as I type.

That is it so far.

I've done absolutely nothing constructive.Hoping I don't break the momentum :)

Munky.

I got a lot of good writing done today. It isn't always easy to write about the personal lives of our parents and grandparents, but it is part of the story, and I think I covered the situation honestly and respectfully.

I accomplished nothing today. Well actually I made my grandmother cry that was emotionally painful. Spoke to an old long lost friend so that was good. Made another friend happy for all the wrong reasons. Spoke to my mother on positive notes after her and I were not talking for over 2 years. The one thing I wanted to do was laundry but like always put that off, yay stinky clothes for work tomorrow. Killed about 30 roaches, so 30 down, a million more to go. Cleaned up a corner of my bedroom that was a mess for several months so that is good. Didn't get around to making my second dinner, so hopefully that will be accomplished tomorrow night.

Today was very productive. I made it to church, went to a memorial service for a lovely lady, visited my son's apartment (imagine 3 young men living in an apartment. Needless to say I only stayed 10 mins since there really wasn't a place to sit.), got my homework for one class completed and started the homework for my second class that is due Tues.

i made a 95% final grade at cooking school friday & began work fer my new classes that begin tomorrow.

Cleaned up all the toys the kids left behind yesterday, did my exchanges, went to breakfast with DH..WE then shopped for wood floor for our family room. Played with little Zbun my grand kids pup who has a broken leg. Poor little guy was so excited to see me he was crying that little puppy noise...Watched Olivia for an hour..Now, i'm going to watch a movie with dh. ahhh, it's so nice to be lazy:LOL:
kades

errr. is 'nothing' an answer?! :ermm:ok ok, I did enjoy doing pretty much nothing, had such an awesome brunch with my girlfriends - omelet (ham, onion and avocado), the best french toast ever and nutella crepe. Woww, after that, I could not do much because I was so full! :ROFLMAO:

~Saraaa

the hardest thing in the world for me to do is to do nothing. got it done today though, lol. read the paper and drank coffee. played on line my word game, surfed the forums i belong to. took a nap. on net most of afternoon. did search on line for planting zones and container gardens for vegs. got out the book i bought on it and read part, finish tonight. oh forgot to say more rain, and gloom and chilly, so just stayed warm and goofed off. actually it wasn't that hard at all.

Assembled a porta-crib to keep in guest room ... my first grandchild / granddaughter, daughter, & son-in-law come for a visit next month ... now I have to sew Care Bear sheets & bumper pad.

And my doggie Lucy was standing by to give me assembly advice ... :LOL:

img_792930_0_9703505c15fece553c8ed4ce4984ad71.jpg

I finally got around to making my first ever batch of home-made refried beans. The best thing is, they turned out great!

:)Barbara

Ok, this thread is dated the 15th. I searched the net for recipes for 2. I need to revamp my cooking and shopping habits as it is just me. I read a million recipes and saved about 100. I plan to plan a menu and shop accordingly. I usually just fill the pantry and freezer with everything. I can't afford to do that now. Planning all that took up most of the day. Then I talked to my son and on the spur of the moment, haphazardly planned a dinner for my grandsons 7th birthday. Just typing this is making me tired.:sleep: I ended up roasting a chicken, making parsley potatoes, succotash and a chocolate cake with chocolate malt frosting.

Back
Top Bottom