"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Master Chef

What DID you accomplish today?

I just added to the line about what I should be doing, but it occurred to me to add a line for patting ourselves on our backs. What did you do today that makes you feel good about yourself. I don't mean earth-shattering (that's OK, too), but also the little stuff. For example, I made my husband's favorite breakfast (blintzes) and lunch (BLTs) as part of my Valentine's day gift to him. Small, but good stuff is fine. Catching up on chores. Stuff like that.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Despite fighting a cold I am making a dent in the kitchen and I've got a roast cooking so I can break it down and make tacos tonight.

I'm working hard on making a nice blog and yesterday I made my first ever homemade mac and cheese.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Sous Chef

I cleaned all the mail and junk off the dining room table, and hemmed 2 pair of pants for my GF.

Doesn't sound like much, but it is my day off work!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Got up early and took a 7 am spinning class, went and got the paper and some nice pastries for my husband's breakfast, cleaned out the refrigerator, have my favorite lunch in front of me (insert sarcasm here) non-fat yogurt, non-fat (and no taste) popcorn, and water. Oh yum. I'm trying to lose "that last 10 pounds" that is so brutal. I've work out HARD 6 times per week, plus low fat foods for the last 6 weeks. Know what I've lost? 4 pounds. Jeesh.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Master Chef

Well, I got up and sent a couple messages.

I perused a Food Network Kitchens cookbook and found a recipe for tonight.... Chicken Saltimbocca

I went to WinCo (HUGE grocery store with very reasonable prices) and got things I needed for the week.... even things I really didn't need.... two pork roasts, potato chips and jello.

When I got home, I was greeted by the neighbor's black lab as I was getting out of my car.

I put the groceries away, and Mark went out for a late breakfast. He's having a pork picnic roast for dinner with potatoes, another vegie and garlic bread. That is in the small crock-pot as I type.

That is it so far.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Honey Badger

I've done absolutely nothing constructive.Hoping I don't break the momentum :)

Munky.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Master Chef

I got a lot of good writing done today. It isn't always easy to write about the personal lives of our parents and grandparents, but it is part of the story, and I think I covered the situation honestly and respectfully.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

I accomplished nothing today. Well actually I made my grandmother cry that was emotionally painful. Spoke to an old long lost friend so that was good. Made another friend happy for all the wrong reasons. Spoke to my mother on positive notes after her and I were not talking for over 2 years. The one thing I wanted to do was laundry but like always put that off, yay stinky clothes for work tomorrow. Killed about 30 roaches, so 30 down, a million more to go. Cleaned up a corner of my bedroom that was a mess for several months so that is good. Didn't get around to making my second dinner, so hopefully that will be accomplished tomorrow night.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Master Chef

Today was very productive. I made it to church, went to a memorial service for a lovely lady, visited my son's apartment (imagine 3 young men living in an apartment. Needless to say I only stayed 10 mins since there really wasn't a place to sit.), got my homework for one class completed and started the homework for my second class that is due Tues.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Master Chef

i made a 95% final grade at cooking school friday & began work fer my new classes that begin tomorrow.