"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
Master Chef

woke, had a few drinks, (yeah, adult beverages), then my cell kept ringing, so i was either discusscooking or answering my cell while i was waiting for this rain to subside.
gotta feed my charlotte & tigs dinner, re-discovered my 8-oz. le creuset casserole that i got like a yr. ago (& frantically tucked away after my pal's toddler decided that expensive ceramic le creuset is not meant for cooking, instead for whacking it's lid & casserole together.) so i may cook a meal.
spoke w/ a dr., may go out browsing my city, i'm gonna be getting a shower, shaving, will probably be applying a few coats of mascara, a lipstick, eyeshadow ('what shade'?, i may well hem & haw), curling my eyelashes, sprinkle myself w/ shimmer dust, spray myself w/ a summery fragrance, pomade my tresses & tuck them into a hairknot, etc. (guys, see why when we gals say, 'i'll be ready in like 20 minutes', we aren't ready for like 2.5 hrs.?)
rain has subsided. after this drink, to my shower i shall go!
-luvs

Old 07-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Let's see, miss maggie decided at 4a.m. it was time for breakfast and paced and whined til 6 when I decided it was her breakfast, I then started, ham slices, hash browns, eggs and sourdough toast for Cade, Carson, DH and the kids mom. Fed the dogs, fed the cats, got all the toys off the lawn for the lawn guy, the kids showed up ate, we played, then made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, changed Carson whooo hoo, set up Cades tee pee, came in fixed luch, chicken sammie for DH,chicken burrito for Cade, grilled cheese for Carson, lemonade and milk, ice tea for me..DH got out the motor home and he and Cade have been cleaning and have just left for a short ride, I just got Carson to sleep and I can start picking up the toys and continue with dinner.It's 2:45 and mommy is just getting off work, 3 blocks away and will get here about 4 Daddy is out of town so she and the boys are joining us...What's for dinner you ask Tell ya later.
kadesma

Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I haven't done a lot today. I sat on the deck with my coffee & a plate of French toast when I got up this morning. That lasted until the yellow jackets smelled my syrup. Before the kids woke up, I did a load of laundry. When they got up, TC heated up their breakfast while I emptied the dishwasher. Once I got that done & all the dirty dishes out of the sink, I made a peach brown betty. The kids & I had a quick lunch of sandwiches & I took a 2 1/2 hour nap.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
Master Chef

-Usual morning route........woke up and rushed to the bathroom before I peed my pants.....ok.....more like down my leg . Rushed to kitchen and put kettle on the stove for my hot tea. Gave youngest his medicine and put his patch on his glasses (trying to remedy a lazy eye). Brushed my teeth. Washed face and put on anti wrinkle cream and moisturizer........those little lines are wanting to creep in so I'm trying to sway them to leave. Fixed my tea and sat down at the computer and came here and a few other sites.

-Fixed youngest and I bacon and pancakes for breakfast.

-Work with youngest with his strengthening exercises to build up his core muscles. Practiced his reading skills. Work on identifying his small change (money) and counting out the change.

-Filled out my loan papers for college, wrote out all the checks that need to go out for bills for my dads estate, balanced my checkbook, filled in my pocket calendar for the rest of the year.

-Fixed sandwiches for lunch........we weren't too hungry having a big breakfast.

-Finally tackled texturing the remaining wall in our kitchen. I was going to do it yesterday but put it off.

-Greeted DH when he came home from a long, hot day at work.

-Put in left over spagetti and sauce in a baking dish and topped it off with Mozerella cheese. Is about to come out of the oven as I type............gotta go finish supper!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
After making breakfast for the kids and a couple of loads of laundry, I went to visit mom, ate lunch with her and had a nice little chat. Saw my Oprah show and now I'm off to cook dinner so I can hit the gym by 7:00 p.m.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Got up, took my meds and went back to bed. I have a summer cold.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Got up, took my meds and went back to bed. I have a summer cold.
Oh those are the worst. I hope you feel better soon Wasabi! Be sure to up your Vit C intake.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #18
Head Chef

Its only 10am here but so far I have fed Riley at 1am then 4:30am then 8am!(He's having a growth spurt I think) After the 8am feed we got up and I changed him and Erin and he watched TV in my bed which looked sooo cute. Then we went downstairs and had breakfast. After that Riley went down for a sleep and Erin coloured in while I came on here. Soon we are going to a little fishing place for fish and chips with my dad. Erin and dad are going to do a bit of fishing.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #19
Master Chef

i finished my night recently. compared preggers tests w/ a dear pal, mine were quite paler than hers. weighed myself, cried profusely cause i weigh 120 when i was only like 98 lbs. very recently, now i'm queasy & tearful. i photographed my buddy's preggers stomach, one w/ her tot hugging her Mommy, & got one of her baby in my sz. 8.5 boots, lol. what a little cutie. we both have pics of her.
found a can of play-doh in my bag, her baby leaves me 'presents' (other day it was a plastic animal, i returned it to her & she replaced it with clay.) awww, is she cute.
after that, i went for dinner, then said unkind sayings, like f-words.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
Head Chef

Not vey much as it was to hot to do anything. Just made sure dog outside had fresh water and let him do his running about. Bathed the little dog.