What did you do today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Well, the day is only half over but so far, I have done not much. Dh took Aidan into town for a "dad day." It's pouring outside, so I intend to drink tea for most of the day. I've already downed two cups and three cookies. :) I've done a little laundry and spent some precious time here. Callum is asleep in my arms and I'd normally put him down but I've decided to hold him as long as I can. He'll be all grown up tomorrow. I think I'll spend some time on the porch reading today too.

Callum just woke up and promptly gave me a big smile.:D

Well, I've done nothing today!
I got up and made Paulie his coffee and his lunch and then went back to bed
with a nice headache. I just woke up.

I am at work, so I haven't done anything yet :ermm: , but you should have asked yesterday!

After work, I picked 2.5 gallons of green beans, dug some taters in the rain, gathered the eggs, cut up a couple dozen peaches for a shortcake, baked the cake, and cleaned the kitchen. Fixed dinner in there somewhere--green beans, potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onions, boiled with some ham.

Broke the beans while I watched TV. Tonight I will can them.

corazon90 said:
Callum is asleep in my arms and I'd normally put him down but I've decided to hold him as long as I can. He'll be all grown up tomorrow. I think I'll spend some time on the porch reading today too.

Callum just woke up and promptly gave me a big smile.:D

Such a sweet mommy you are cora... you deserved that smile!! (It makes everything worthwhile, doesn't it):)

-I did a pile of laundry.
-Made our latest batch of ice cream (apricot, melon, mocha)
-Went to the gym and did Fitboxe and Spinning
-Came home, fiddled with bunch of the world cup pictures on Photoshop and made the latest version of wall paper (theme Azzurri, of course:-p ) for my profile
-Made a compilation for a birthday party of a daughter of Cris's friend on Mixmeister
-Hang out on Discuss Cooking off and on all day
-Prepared the stuffed tomatoes and potatoes to be roasted... to be cooked when Cris comes home...

It's 21:15 and it maybe still a while before he comes back...
Oh, a buddy of mine in England just got on MSN messenger... I may chat for a while!!

My schedule's been all off today because Sofie and I slept later than normal. I've played lots with her, made the next round of baby food (brown rice, applesauce) and froze it, finished the July DC newsletter, fed Sof carrots and bananas, washed Sofie and the booster seat:LOL: , played some more and read stories and now she's down for a nap, which probably won't be long because the men just showed up to fix our back porch. It's a concrete slab and it's been sinking, towards our house:( , so we have to get the darn thing torn up and replaced. They're now using a saw to cut the whole thing up. I can hardly hear myself think!:wacko:

most of the day a was at work. Still enjoy the new job (did I tell you I started a new one beginning of this month?)
made my first overall PCR and everything went right :)
back home I first showered, than relaxed in front of the compi monitor and watched the tour on TV... concentrated more on TV when they came near the finish...
after that FRank and I went shopping for dinner, veal schnitzel with lemons and zucchini served with skin potatoes.. it was my job to cook the potaoes and as this wasn't sooo difficult I landed in front of the compi again :mrgreen:
dinner was really good, Frank did a very good job with the veal.
casually we watched a duco about Juergen Klinsmann and now I'm here again and it's almost half nine

I am at war with Prairie Dogs, man those little guys can destroy your lawn. I go to the grocery stores and get the produce guys to give me corn, squash, old fresh veggies that they are going to trash. So far it seems to work.....

My wife said they eat better than we do...

later

Mostly waited for things to do at work (just back from vacation):
"You'll have it Friday"
"You'll have it in an hour"
"You'll have it this afternoon"

tidied up my email in- and outboxes
checked the Drudge Report a lot to see what was going on in the world (SOS, apparently)
paid a couple of bills, notably our real estate taxes (ouch)
wondered how daughter is doing on her second beach vacation that began two days after we arrived home from the first
drove home thru a thunderstorm
changed into something comfy and poured a glass of wine
checked in here

woke, had a few drinks, (yeah, adult beverages), then my cell kept ringing, so i was either discusscooking or answering my cell while i was waiting for this rain to subside.
gotta feed my charlotte & tigs dinner, re-discovered my 8-oz. le creuset casserole that i got like a yr. ago (& frantically tucked away after my pal's toddler decided that expensive ceramic le creuset is not meant for cooking, instead for whacking it's lid & casserole together.) so i may cook a meal.
spoke w/ a dr., may go out browsing my city, i'm gonna be getting a shower, shaving, will probably be applying a few coats of mascara, a lipstick, eyeshadow ('what shade'?, i may well hem & haw), curling my eyelashes, sprinkle myself w/ shimmer dust, spray myself w/ a summery fragrance, pomade my tresses & tuck them into a hairknot, etc. (guys, see why when we gals say, 'i'll be ready in like 20 minutes', we aren't ready for like 2.5 hrs.?)
rain has subsided. after this drink, to my shower i shall go!
-luvs

Last edited:
Let's see, miss maggie decided at 4a.m. it was time for breakfast and paced and whined til 6 when I decided it was her breakfast, I then started, ham slices, hash browns, eggs and sourdough toast for Cade, Carson, DH and the kids mom. Fed the dogs, fed the cats, got all the toys off the lawn for the lawn guy, the kids showed up ate, we played, then made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, changed Carson whooo hoo, set up Cades tee pee, came in fixed luch, chicken sammie for DH,chicken burrito for Cade, grilled cheese for Carson, lemonade and milk, ice tea for me..DH got out the motor home and he and Cade have been cleaning and have just left for a short ride, I just got Carson to sleep and I can start picking up the toys and continue with dinner.It's 2:45 and mommy is just getting off work, 3 blocks away and will get here about 4:ROFLMAO: Daddy is out of town so she and the boys are joining us...What's for dinner you ask:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Tell ya later.
kadesma:)

I haven't done a lot today. I sat on the deck with my coffee & a plate of French toast when I got up this morning. That lasted until the yellow jackets smelled my syrup.:ohmy: Before the kids woke up, I did a load of laundry. When they got up, TC heated up their breakfast while I emptied the dishwasher. Once I got that done & all the dirty dishes out of the sink, I made a peach brown betty. The kids & I had a quick lunch of sandwiches & I took a 2 1/2 hour nap.

-Usual morning route........woke up and rushed to the bathroom before I peed my pants.....ok.....more like down my leg :angel: . Rushed to kitchen and put kettle on the stove for my hot tea. Gave youngest his medicine and put his patch on his glasses (trying to remedy a lazy eye). Brushed my teeth. Washed face and put on anti wrinkle cream and moisturizer........those little lines are wanting to creep in so I'm trying to sway them to leave. Fixed my tea and sat down at the computer and came here and a few other sites.

-Fixed youngest and I bacon and pancakes for breakfast.

-Work with youngest with his strengthening exercises to build up his core muscles. Practiced his reading skills. Work on identifying his small change (money) and counting out the change.

-Filled out my loan papers for college, wrote out all the checks that need to go out for bills for my dads estate, balanced my checkbook, filled in my pocket calendar for the rest of the year.

-Fixed sandwiches for lunch........we weren't too hungry having a big breakfast.

-Finally tackled texturing the remaining wall in our kitchen. I was going to do it yesterday but put it off.

-Greeted DH when he came home from a long, hot day at work.

-Put in left over spagetti and sauce in a baking dish and topped it off with Mozerella cheese. Is about to come out of the oven as I type............gotta go finish supper!

After making breakfast for the kids and a couple of loads of laundry, I went to visit mom, ate lunch with her and had a nice little chat. Saw my Oprah show and now I'm off to cook dinner so I can hit the gym by 7:00 p.m.

Its only 10am here but so far I have fed Riley at 1am then 4:30am then 8am!(He's having a growth spurt I think) After the 8am feed we got up and I changed him and Erin and he watched TV in my bed which looked sooo cute. Then we went downstairs and had breakfast. After that Riley went down for a sleep and Erin coloured in while I came on here. Soon we are going to a little fishing place for fish and chips with my dad. Erin and dad are going to do a bit of fishing.

i finished my night recently. compared preggers tests w/ a dear pal, mine were quite paler than hers. weighed myself, cried profusely cause i weigh 120 when i was only like 98 lbs. very recently, now i'm queasy & tearful. i photographed my buddy's preggers stomach, one w/ her tot hugging her Mommy, & got one of her baby in my sz. 8.5 boots, lol. what a little cutie. we both have pics of her.
found a can of play-doh in my bag, her baby leaves me 'presents' (other day it was a plastic animal, i returned it to her & she replaced it with clay.) awww, is she cute.
after that, i went for dinner, then said unkind sayings, like f-words.

Last edited:
Not vey much as it was to hot to do anything. Just made sure dog outside had fresh water and let him do his running about. Bathed the little dog.

Back
Top Bottom