"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
Executive Chef

What did you do today?

Well, the day is only half over but so far, I have done not much. Dh took Aidan into town for a "dad day." It's pouring outside, so I intend to drink tea for most of the day. I've already downed two cups and three cookies. I've done a little laundry and spent some precious time here. Callum is asleep in my arms and I'd normally put him down but I've decided to hold him as long as I can. He'll be all grown up tomorrow. I think I'll spend some time on the porch reading today too.

Callum just woke up and promptly gave me a big smile.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Well, I've done nothing today!
I got up and made Paulie his coffee and his lunch and then went back to bed
with a nice headache. I just woke up.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Head Chef

I am at work, so I haven't done anything yet , but you should have asked yesterday!

After work, I picked 2.5 gallons of green beans, dug some taters in the rain, gathered the eggs, cut up a couple dozen peaches for a shortcake, baked the cake, and cleaned the kitchen. Fixed dinner in there somewhere--green beans, potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onions, boiled with some ham.

Broke the beans while I watched TV. Tonight I will can them.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Callum is asleep in my arms and I'd normally put him down but I've decided to hold him as long as I can. He'll be all grown up tomorrow. I think I'll spend some time on the porch reading today too.

Callum just woke up and promptly gave me a big smile.
Such a sweet mommy you are cora... you deserved that smile!! (It makes everything worthwhile, doesn't it)

-I did a pile of laundry.
-Made our latest batch of ice cream (apricot, melon, mocha)
-Went to the gym and did Fitboxe and Spinning
-Came home, fiddled with bunch of the world cup pictures on Photoshop and made the latest version of wall paper (theme Azzurri, of course ) for my profile
-Made a compilation for a birthday party of a daughter of Cris's friend on Mixmeister
-Hang out on Discuss Cooking off and on all day
-Prepared the stuffed tomatoes and potatoes to be roasted... to be cooked when Cris comes home...

It's 21:15 and it maybe still a while before he comes back...
Oh, a buddy of mine in England just got on MSN messenger... I may chat for a while!!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
Master Chef

My schedule's been all off today because Sofie and I slept later than normal. I've played lots with her, made the next round of baby food (brown rice, applesauce) and froze it, finished the July DC newsletter, fed Sof carrots and bananas, washed Sofie and the booster seat , played some more and read stories and now she's down for a nap, which probably won't be long because the men just showed up to fix our back porch. It's a concrete slab and it's been sinking, towards our house , so we have to get the darn thing torn up and replaced. They're now using a saw to cut the whole thing up. I can hardly hear myself think!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
Master Chef

most of the day a was at work. Still enjoy the new job (did I tell you I started a new one beginning of this month?)
made my first overall PCR and everything went right
back home I first showered, than relaxed in front of the compi monitor and watched the tour on TV... concentrated more on TV when they came near the finish...
after that FRank and I went shopping for dinner, veal schnitzel with lemons and zucchini served with skin potatoes.. it was my job to cook the potaoes and as this wasn't sooo difficult I landed in front of the compi again
dinner was really good, Frank did a very good job with the veal.
casually we watched a duco about Juergen Klinsmann and now I'm here again and it's almost half nine
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
Senior Cook

I am at war with Prairie Dogs, man those little guys can destroy your lawn. I go to the grocery stores and get the produce guys to give me corn, squash, old fresh veggies that they are going to trash. So far it seems to work.....

My wife said they eat better than we do...

later
Old 07-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
workin, Workin, Workin.....and doing some posting here:)
Old 07-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #9
Head Chef

got up
made coffee and b-fast
went to work
got a salad from Farm Fresh for lunch
back to work
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Mostly waited for things to do at work (just back from vacation):
"You'll have it Friday"
"You'll have it in an hour"
"You'll have it this afternoon"

tidied up my email in- and outboxes
checked the Drudge Report a lot to see what was going on in the world (SOS, apparently)
paid a couple of bills, notably our real estate taxes (ouch)
wondered how daughter is doing on her second beach vacation that began two days after we arrived home from the first
drove home thru a thunderstorm
changed into something comfy and poured a glass of wine
checked in here