"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I craved your basic meat/marinara pasta, or any pasta - I DESPISED the smell of any seafood cooking and I adore seafood and VeraBlue's cravings are really turning me right now!

Wasabi - I adore lychee nuts

jkath - really now, is craving whole milk the bet you can do?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - doughnuts!!!!!!!!!!! NOW we are bonding while pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just give me the fresh off the "press" and still hot plain glazed or better yet those tractor wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES, YES, YES??????? ..............oops, sorry.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I remember it well, morning sickness all day everyday, anytime a strange smell came by, open the refrigerator and I was But I still manged to eat oh so well, I adored fried rice had to have it at least 3 times a week, the bbq'd pork, then the coconut ice cream just about every night, custard filled doughnuts and I'm with Alix at least 3 at a sitting...Also there was a place close by that made these huge wonderful burgers, melted cheese, onions,mayo, lettuce all drippy with bacon and the bun hot toasty and soaked with meat juices and grese...Ahhh I remember it well Oh yes, don't forget the fries with ketchup and salt, oh yea onion rings
kadesma

Old 09-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #13
Head Chef

My wife carved peanut butter and banana bread, watermelon, and grapes. Nothing wierd at all. But one day I came home from work and made beef stroganoff, and she couldn't eat it. We haven't had stroganoff to this day (4.5 years later).
Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Slurpee's from 7-11. Coke flavor.
Had to have one almost every day.
The store was about 4 blocks from my house
and I'd make my self walk up there rain or shine.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #15
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
She craved Not being pregnant!

j/k...We have tried to create a lil Jon, but to no avail as of yet. If things change, and she starts craving pickles and ice cream or something I'll let yall know.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
If things change, and she starts craving pickles and ice cream or something I'll let yall know.
Jon, it's pickles IN ice cream.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller
My wife carved peanut butter and banana bread, watermelon, and grapes. Nothing wierd at all. But one day I came home from work and made beef stroganoff, and she couldn't eat it. We haven't had stroganoff to this day (4.5 years later).
Isn't it odd how that happens (the beef stroganoff?????).

I was on my way to the beach (meeting my EX husband the next day) and met a girlfried for dinner and lunch on the way down - I commented - "this is the best red wine I have ever had", the salad gets there "this is the best caesar salad I have ever had", the meal gets there - "this is the best bolagnese I have ever had" - the next day at lunch "these are the best nachos I have ever had" - next day took a pregnancy test - positive! lol Shortly thereafter I learned what my "oh my gosh, I can't believe I ever ate this and get it OUT of this restaurant!" was lol

If we girls could get together and tell our pregnancy/delivery stories you guys would would take little tiny tea set silverware and try to cut your hearts out to keep from listening. LOL - and each one of us women would be in awe at the woman who endured it.

It truly is a wonder, a blessing, and a total mystery all at the same time.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I craved Sour Cream so I ate alot of tacos. I also craved jolly ranchers. I kid you not I must have eaten around 2 bags a week.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
If we girls could get together and tell our pregnancy/delivery stories you guys would would take little tiny tea set silverware and try to cut your hearts out to keep from listening. LOL - and each one of us women would be in awe at the woman who endured it.
Some of the guys have delivery stories too. They let us stay in the room these days! It looks a lot different from the other end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
It truly is a wonder, a blessing, and a total mystery all at the same time.
And a little bit of horror too!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #20
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller
Jon, it's pickles IN ice cream.
LOL!!!
See I told ya I haven't been there yet!