What did you or your wife/so crave, when pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first time I was pregnant I craved fried chicken livers dipped in ranch dressing & mashed potatoes, the 2nd time I craved cheeseburger plates from a little place about 1/2 mile from my house & fried oysters. The night I went to the hospital, 2 1/2 months early, I had fried oysters & could only eat 1 of them because I felt so bad.

When I had TC, I had gone to the hospital for a stress test & was told after about an hour of laying at an angle on a bed that I had been in labor for the last 30 minutes, I had no clue! I had him naturally (no pain killers) & hubby along with my SIL (she'd had 2 c-sections & wanted to be part of a natural birth) satyed with me the entire time. Savannah on the other hand was 2 1/2 months early & I had an emergency c-section, hubby wasn't allowed in for that one. She was in an incubator for 2 months.

corazon, the dog farting bit had me choking on my coffee. LOL!!! I think that would make anyone hurl even if they weren't pregnant!

corazon90 said:
The smell of the garbage bothered me and the dog farting often sent me to the bathroom.

I have no dog, so I can't say anything about that, but the garbage smell is something I can't stand, even without being pregnant..
so that means bringing it out every day or two days, if more and in summer I let my dh do that and wait outside on the deck... :rolleyes:

I just wanted to eat...By the time I saw the doc I had gained 10 pounds..he told me I could only gain 10 pounds. (I was 4 months PG ).I didn't tell him that I had already gained any weight.I went in on a Susnday at 11:30 PM. the pains were 3-5 min. apart. No water, no pain meds and natural birth 23 1/2 hours later John was born. Now you know why I had my second son 17 years later and by a civilian Dr.

With our first, my DW was craving Der Wienershnizel hot dogs, with mustard. Many a night, just before 11 p.m., I was sent scurrying for that dog-gone dog. Why she didn't want one earlier, so I could get a proper amount of sleep, I just can't figure out. I guess it's just one of those very strange things women go through during pregnancy.

I was blessed with being in the delivery room for the birth of all four of my kids.

My funny story comes from Lamaze classes, required before the hubby, or freind is allowed to watch. there came a point in the class where the pregant lady got to show their coaches (me in my wife's case) what it felt like to focus on something to relieve the pain. Now you have to understand that I was a very active young man and had developed a very good tollerance to pain, having sustained a couple of very bad sprains, an exploding spray can that sent shrapnel into my forehead, falling out of trees from various heights, and submission holds applied in judo classes, not to mention a few times stepping on ground hornet nests. Pain wasn't something I enjoyed, but could definetly handle.

The pregnant ladies were told to pinch the back of their coach's arms, as hard as they could. While my wife was bearing down, I looked around at some coaches who were in obvious pain, and who were squirming a bit, unable to bear it. I litteraly couldn't feel my wife's pinching. I figured she just wasn't squeezing hard enough. I found out later that since I wasn't reacting, she kept squeezing harder until she had exhausted her strength. I got home and she said to me in suprize, "Bob, look at your arm where I pinched it." I looked and found the biggest black & blue mark ever. The only time I had gotten such an ugly mark with the same greens and blues, was when I got clobbered on my left forearm by my bowstring. And I remember it hurting like crazy.

That pretty much showed my wife that she couldnt' physically cause me any pain that I couldn't bear, not physically anyway. But it was quite entertaining watching the other coaches.

Oh, not that I am all that. I was so excited in the following days after our daughter was born, that I entered my wife's hospital room. She was feeding the baby naturally. I thought it was so amazing that I started taking pictures. She blushed and quickly informed me that those pictures would be destroyed and were not appropreate. I felt kind of foolish right at that time.

My wife did get me one night though. She covered my face with canned whipping cream when I, in my foolish youth (23 years of age) made her get up, pregant and all, and get her own ice cream from the kitchen. But now, she has me trained properly:ROFLMAO:.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Remember the scene in 9 Months, where Robin Williams (the OBGYN) says, "That's why the women have the babies. Because the men can't handle the painnn...." and promptly faints when he sees the needle for the epideral?

Back
Top Bottom