What Do/Did You Watch With Your Kids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
SizzlininIN's thread about our favorite TV shows as a child got me to thinking. So here is kind of a spin-off (no pun intended, lol) of her thread.

What is/was your favorite show to watch with your kids? Not your kids' favorites, but the ones you loved watching with them but would probably not have watched on your own (or would not admit it! lol).

I loved watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and Sesame Street with my daughter Nancy. When she was older I watched Saved By the Bell with her. When my step-daughter Anna was younger, I watched Dora the Explorer, Rugrats, and Spongebob Squarepants with her.

I have to admit that I have been known to watch Saved By the Bell, Spongebob, and Rugrats by myself now and then!

:)Barbara

I love SpongeBob!!!
Legogirl loves Dora and Diego... so of course I do
My oldest actually loves Diners, Drive-ins and dives.... cant say no there!
We like alot of Discovery and History channel also...
or Nascar

when my kids were little, they didn't watch much tv. always outside playing. kids don't do that so much anymore.

when they did watch, i made sure of what they were watching and went on with my own activity. same with grandkids when they were little.

to much t.v. today, that's a lot of why kids are in such bad shape and over weight. i really think parents should limit the time they spend.

babe:rolleyes:

The little ones loved Sesame Street,Mr. Rodgers,Olivia dearly loves Barney and Carson adored Elmo..Me I loved watching Franklin and Little Bear with them and we never missed Max and Ruby..On any given day we always got a dose of Curious George...
kadesma

Not with my kids, but with my much younger brothers and sisters - spongebob!

"...Now that we're men, we have facial hair!
Now that we're men, we change our underwear!.."

That tune (and those words) made me crack up. :rolleyes:

And I used to play Spyro on the playstation with them. That was fun too :)

Sesame Street
Shining Time Station
When they were little

Sponge bob and the Simpson's was their favorite for a long time.

My oldest, I would catch him in the a.m. like 3 am, watching Freddy Krueger!!:ohmy: and he was like 6 or 7 years! He absolutely loved Freddy!! He was my scary movie kid. No matter how much I said no and kept away from him, he would find ways to watch. He never had a nightmare either:LOL:
The youngest, NO WAY. He still doesn't like the scary stuff:-p

When my kids were young, we always watched Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers together. Those shows success was a direct result of repeating the same show three times a day. Genius.

We watch Weeds together, now...:ermm:

when my kids were little, they didn't watch much tv. always outside playing. kids don't do that so much anymore.

when they did watch, i made sure of what they were watching and went on with my own activity. same with grandkids when they were little.

to much t.v. today, that's a lot of why kids are in such bad shape and over weight. i really think parents should limit the time they spend.

babe:rolleyes:
Although Nancy watched Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street, she spent much of her time outdoors. She hardly ever watches TV now.

I do agree though, that a lot of kids spend way too much time indoors. I was just reading that kids today (many of them latchkey kids) are inside playing video games and watching TV so much that they are developing rickets from never going outside.

:huh:Barbara

Now with the dvd collections, I have introduced my kids to Lavern and Shirley, Whats Happening, Three's Company and Taxi. Its great to see the kids laughing at the same stuff i did and I still do. I love those old shows. They dont make them like that anymore.

I like to watch TV with my Grandson (he lives with me)

Spongebob for sure, I think I've seen em all. Also on Nick, Drake and Josh and I Carly-both fun shows that I never have to worry about. Messages are always positive, no double meanings or innuendo.

Sadly, it seems prime time is slowly eroding, and many of the shows that are broadcast during "family hours" (7-9 pm) are becoming questionable. Thankfully, at 7 years old much of it is still over his head, but he's beginning to ask questions!!!

Sesame Street was a fave. We would tape it so they could watch it again later. Shining Time Station and Reading Rainbow was another. I have to say though that my kids when they watched TV would prefer videos over broadcast. We had all the Disney movies and other family stuff like Back to the Future and Indiana Jones. My youngest son was into Indy so much! When he was 4, he got a real Indy hat wore it everywhere! He also was big into Little Mermaid. We watched those 2 over and over and over. He still enjoys Indy and even bought a new hat a couple of years ago. He keeps this one nice and wears it when he wants to look "cool". He's 19 now and I must say the hat does look good on him!

...Indiana Jones. My youngest son was into Indy so much!...
When Nancy was three, we took her to see Cinderella, and a few weeks later Indiana Jones (the first one). She liked Cinderalla okay. When we left the theater after Indiana Jones, she cried for three blocks--"I want to see it again! Can we please see it again?!" She always prefered real action movies over cartoons (but she did like cartoons, especially Little Mermaid and Aladdin).

:)Barbara

My daughter, Kari, loved "Care Bears" and in fact her nickname was "CareBear" ......today my 5 year old granddaughter likes Hannah Montana.....I have to admit outside of the annoying laugh track and her father trying to mug for the cameras I like the show, too.......we grew up with Captain Kangaroo and old time Merry Melodies cartoons..........

The usual Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. Then when they were a little older along came TGIF with Family Matters, Full House, Perfect Strangers, Step By Step

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom