What do the Buffalo Bills eat at training camp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I don't know for sure, but I'll let you know when I get back. I'm off to Rochester in an hour. We opened a new account a couple of months ago and staffing has been a problem. The Buffalo Bills train at the unit, so I'll be feeding them for a week. I imagine if we keep the beef and potatoes coming, everyone will be happy.

May not get to check in here, I'm sans laptop:(...and don't know if I'll have time to grab a desktop at the account. If I can, great, if not, I'll see you on Friday afternoon.

Everyone have a great week!

Whatever it is, Vera, there will be a lot of it. They need a lot of calories each day.

Vera - best of luck on this new type of adventure (the traveling alone). Hope you get to check in and best of luck with keeping everyone fed! I hope you get to check in - it will be a little bit of "home" anyway :flowers:

I've seen TV shows featuring training camps and they always have quite the variety to cover all tastes. I would LOVE to be able to eat there!

no catering this morning...don't have to be in till 7:30! just spent an hour working out...had a nice swim last night. I could get used to this!

Didn't get back to the hotel till after 8pm, sheesh! Lunch and dinner are prettyhuge for these guys. There are tents set up on the field and then they come to the dining room for regular meals.
2 entrees, 2 sides, 2 starches, turkey burgers, baked potatoes, carving station, full salad bar, 2 soups, full deli, pasta bar, stir fry bar, pizza bar, ice cream and dessert bar. Strangely enough...pedialtye, lots of pedialyte.

Looks like another 12- 13 hour day. I am so ready for my cocktail and a foot rub.

Didn't get back to the hotel till after 8pm, sheesh! Lunch and dinner are prettyhuge for these guys. There are tents set up on the field and then they come to the dining room for regular meals.
2 entrees, 2 sides, 2 starches, turkey burgers, baked potatoes, carving station, full salad bar, 2 soups, full deli, pasta bar, stir fry bar, pizza bar, ice cream and dessert bar. Strangely enough...pedialtye, lots of pedialyte.

Looks like another 12- 13 hour day. I am so ready for my cocktail and a foot rub.

Pedialyte?? I wonder why, there are "adult" drinks that replenish eletrolytes, vitamins, etc.
Well Good Luck to you!!! Sounds like a challenge indeed!

I'm so disappointed. We get all the way to pedialyte (It's pretty common in pro sports, don't know why they prefer it over gatorade or powerade) without a single reference to....

Buffalo Wings! :-p
(Although I shudder to think how many wings an NFL roster would put down in one sitting)

Yesterday's lunch: the pasta bar with two types of pasta, one is whole wheat, two types of meatballs, two types of sauces, steamed vegetables for adding to the pasta. Deli, pretty much what you'd expect. Same with the salad bar, which is about 25 feet long. Yesterday's soup was shrimp and white bean. We had fried cod with remoulade sauce, bbq chicken quarters, grilled turkey steaks, can't for the life of me remember what the 4 sides were.... also the turkey burgers and baked potatoes. Pizza, too.

Most of the day I was working on a private party for the college president.

For 100 we had appetizers of seared tuna with tomato relish, grilled tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil, pizzetta with white bean and balsamic glaze.

A raw caesar salad station with dressings I made: apple poppy rum viniagrette, mango mustard basil viniagrette and anchovy lemon herb viniagrette. For the salad we had two types of cheeses, almonds, spring onions, grapefruit segments, croutons and romaine hearts.

Soups I made were chilled strawberry zinfandel soup with mint and basil, served with creme fraiche and ginger biscotti, and fagioli parmesan with tomato cheese raft.

5 legs of lamb and 7 beef tenderloins. I made a light tomato sauce with butter, white wine, fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil to accompany fresh ravioli.

There were fresh roasted vegetables and a mediterrean rice.

Desserts were mini pastries made in the bakery...didn't get overly involved with that. Got back to the hotel room after 8:30....the corporate chef got back at 11. He makes more than I do..he can stay later.

No idea what is in store for today. I am sooooooo ready for my cocktail.

Sounds like you are doing a great job. The menus sound wonderful.

another big party today...the president sure loves to entertain. We actually went out for dinner last night. 3 chefs, one corporate bartender and one waitress.... Funny how people are so normal when they're not working hard.

Still managed to get up and on the tread mill. Coming home tomorrow.
Also getting an official Buffalo Bills jersey mailed to my home. Yay, haha:rolleyes:

Yesterdays party went off without a hitch, and the weather cooperated. We had crab cakes with red pepper coulis and meyer lemon aioli, hummus with toasted pita chip and baba ganouj with pita chip. Also crudite with saga dip. Each appetizer was plated individually...so there were about 500 teeny tiny plates set on levels at the entrance to the tent.

I made a senegalese soup with chicken, raisins, apples, cumin, cinnamon and curry, and a cool gazpacho with tarragon oil.

We had grilled beef tenderloins, stuffed pork tenderloins, roasted salmon, all at the carving stations. We had an exhibibition station of gnocchi, lobster tail, goat cheese and spicey tomato broth. (I made all of the mise for the pasta station). I made the pureed sweet potatoes (with more than a slight hint of chipotle) topped with walnut brickle (Made with toasted walnuts and fresh vanilla bean). We also had cous cous with lime and cucumber and roasted local yellow squash.

I made two salad dressings for the salad station. One was a warm bacon and green onion viniagrette, and the other was a roasted garlic fig viniagrette.

I did the fruit displays and the cheese displays as well. As the other day, the desserts came from the bakery kitchen and I didn't get involved (except to taste;)) those items.

When I and the other two visiting chefs left the party, we ended up with deli sandwiches for dinner:ermm:...

Quite the intertesting learning experience, to be sure. Still, I am ready to come home.

See you all later!

Back
Top Bottom