What do you collect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I've cut way back on collecting but I do have a collection of Kachinas, iron wood animal figurines, toad hollow toads one is bigger than a basket ball, animal skulls like deer, buffalo two mountain lion, one bear, antelope some small rodents. My most prized skull that I found was an eagle skull a once in a life time find but sadly one of the dogs ate it because dummy me put it on a shelf where he could reach it. Still makes me mad. I also have a copper cookware collection.

Last edited:
Rubber duckies :)

I never meant to collect them... but I bought one, and people started thinking I collected them, and giving them to me, so it was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy! Besides, my younger brothers and sisters like to play with them when they visit :)

used to be records now it's cds (over 5000) books, on music, of music, literature, biography, novels classic and modern, cook books and culinary texts, pots and pans, far more than I can ever use at once...

Rocks...I started when Paul was in the Navy and we didn't have the extra money for "thingys" so I would pick up rocks from the West Coast to the East coast. Rocks were free...lol

One day I looked down at my key chain and realized I had one key and about 15 key chains. That's when I realized I collect key chains. I would like to make a display rack or something for some of them. I have some really cute ones and unusual ones. One is a tiny pair of pliers, which really work. One is from the post office; it looks like a stamp and has a cartoonish black and white tuxedo cat. I got that because it looked like my cats Ariel and Amy. One has a house that turns around in the middle of a ring. It is from the house sweepstakes. I have a couple from my last trip to California. A lot of them have been given to me.

:)Barbara

I like oddities that most people would call chotchkies (?). I noticed a few weeks ago that I have multiple monkey-themed chotchkies. Like a sculpture of a monkey sitting on a stool looking into a hand mirror and a pair of candlesticks that look like monkeywaiters in waiter suits and their platters have the candles "growing" out of them. We also have a "pleepleus" look-alike from Three Sheets. But really it's all just junk. Oh and I like bowls and mugs and seem to have a "collection" though I wouldn't call myself a real collector of anything.

I thought of another.
I have a large collection of fabric and yarn and patterns for both that I'm GONNA make stuff with!!
Someday.... not today.
My mom has also started buying depression glass for me. It's not really my thing but its nice so I'll keep it.

I am so glad to hear some of you have big fabric and yarn stashes - ooops, I mean "collections". I have so much fabric and honestly, I couldn't sew it all up in a year!

I thought of another.
I have a large collection of fabric and yarn and patterns for both that I'm GONNA make stuff with!!
Someday.... not today.
My mom has also started buying depression glass for me. It's not really my thing but its nice so I'll keep it.
Yeah my gram is breaking up her depression glass collection to the entire family so that we don't think she is favoring anyone... Depression Glass anyone?

I have 3 collections:
angels
cookbooks/recipes I never use
unfinished projects!

Oh yeah! Those are good ones. I (unintentionally or inadvertently) collect cooking mags and I'm out of room for them. I mean, what if I NEED one of those someday? Then what?:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom