"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #61
Master Chef

I've got money from all over the world,too..........someone actually put theirs in a frame and it looked very nice.......I might do that, too, when we retire......it's doing no good sitting in a drawer!:)

Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 AM   #62
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
Hubby's friend collects money , actually paper currency from other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I've got money from all over the world,too..........someone actually put theirs in a frame and it looked very nice.......I might do that, too, when we retire......it's doing no good sitting in a drawer!:)
I forgot, I do too. I don't have a lot, but I have mostly coins rather than paper. I have an Iranian bill. I have coins from Panama, Bolivia, Italy, Germany, Australia, to name a few, and of course (since they are our neighbors) Canada and Mexico. I'm sure nothing I have is worth anything, as I just happened upon most of them.

Another thing I collect is post cards. I don't just buy them. I like people to send them to me. Most of the ones I have gotten are from around the United States, but I have received a few from Europe, including a couple from DC members.

Barbara

Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #63
Senior Cook

I have about 1,000 cookbooks, several coffee mills and two cabinets full of cruets, mostly colored ones.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #64
Sous Chef

Pegasus, a few unique individual tea cups and saucers. I received a brass lizard and frog one christmas. Guess what everyone gives me now!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #65
Sous Chef

My 'coollections' must have utility and function.

I was collecting SLR lenses (that thankfully are compatable with my dSLR). Lighting, shooting and Darkroom equipment and precision thermometers.

I have a collection of old wood working equipment. When I started down the wood path I looked at the new bog pieces but it didn't take long to realize the new stuff comparable to the old stuff was way overpriced. I have newer chisles and drills and such because the auctions and sales with quality stuff attracted too many other people like me.

Wood, I have sheets of cabinet grade solid core plywood, Dimensioned and raw ash, oak and cherry, some walnut.

Cast Iron .... Oh MY!! When Wife realized I prefered cast she started dragging the stuff home, Much to my consternation. The dutch oven(s), the 14 inch round grill, the Griz waffle iron, the LeCreuset, those are one thing. The 30+ pans between 3 and 8 inches ... AAAargh!!!!! I don't need it but once I see it I have a hard time parting with it. then the last thing she brought home was a new, in the box LC 2 QT. Casserole with the stickers still on it .... $3 .... I guess one has to take the good with the bad. Wife couldn't stop dragging home spring forms .... I give them away with the cheese cakes. I still have about a dozen.

Wife collects coffee pots. She must have 3 dozen. A friend of hers had a coffee shop and she put I don't know, 2 dozen?, on display. Everyone loved them. It made the place. But it also opened up a spot in the storage which she filled with mopre pots. I think the count is up to 3 dozen by now.

Does Knowledge count as a collection? If only all my hours were in one direction ....
Old 07-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #66
Master Chef

I don't collect anything... use too. The only thing I have left is my incense collection. One day I'm gonna light everyone of them up in my back yard! I gave/donated all other collections I had.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #67
Head Chef

We know someone who has placed his entire collection of world currency under glass - just a sheet of glass covering a coffee table. Look good and is pretty secure as well.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #68
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Netherlands stuff, classical music, and money
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #69
Master Chef

i collect cases of notebooks & boxes of pencils.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #70
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I forgot, I do too. I don't have a lot, but I have mostly coins rather than paper. I have an Iranian bill. I have coins from Panama, Bolivia, Italy, Germany, Australia, to name a few, and of course (since they are our neighbors) Canada and Mexico. I'm sure nothing I have is worth anything, as I just happened upon most of them.

Another thing I collect is post cards. I don't just buy them. I like people to send them to me. Most of the ones I have gotten are from around the United States, but I have received a few from Europe, including a couple from DC members.

Barbara
Gosh, Barbara, I wished that I had known that-----I could have sent you cards from around the world since joining DC which was 3 years ago.........pm me when you feel up to it and I'll be happy to send you some if you want...........hope you're feeling better today........