"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #61
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes..I am familiar with that one...Kinda like the M9 Beretta U.S. military issue.
It is definitely "heavy" ....Big gun....little girl.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #62
Everymom

Ooooooooooookay. Um, can we stop talking guns now? It makes me nervous.

And, I'll add here that I am a mental health therapist. I work with adolescents and their families.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Alix, that made me chuckle!

I have done some sort of clerical work for about 30 years in all shapes and forms working for the head honcho to being the one who would sit and try to go through the thought process of where someone would mis-file something. Don't ask me how but I always found those lost files!

I have cooked professionally and I STILL am a mother - and a wife, though I took a break from that for awhile and now I wake up with a sweetheart of a person! I do some typing for my husband and work part time at a pretty small wine and beer store - we carry over 400 different beers and over 1,300 different wines. It is HUGE fun!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #64
Senior Cook

I go to college full time. I graduate in December. I will have my bachelors to teach EC-4th grade. I want to teach kindergarten though. I also currently substitute at elementary schools.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #65
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Hey Huggies, check out adding Reiki to your massage techniques. A type of energy balancing, it's very beneficial and I know a few folks who are doing both quite successfully.
I totally agree with this too! Sometimes I am afraid to mention subjects that are out of the "norm"- well, at least they are here in Kansas

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #66
Executive Chef

I have been at various times working through college etc : hotel night manager/auditor, cop, specialized janitorial services/conservator. But my main job has been for 29 years a prep school teacher: English lit and comp, music, theatre, and history. (I've collected several degrees along the way what with all the continuing ed requirements) I'm also a private chef for a small but regular clientel. (I now do my continuing ed at CIA...a credit is a credit and education is education...)
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #67
Head Chef

I put together part catalogs that the dealers use to fix vehicles. (Well, the sections I'm responsible for - I don't do the whole thing)

If it breaks and the dealer needs to order it, it's based on our parts lists.

It's not the most glamourous job, but it beats being on the road 5 days a week like I used to be, and the odds of having another person take a swing at me because I wouldn't buy their vehicle back are far less.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #68
Senior Cook

I was just informed by another member, I "offended" some of you with my post. I am sorry to slap you all in the face with reality, but no ones life is perfect. For those of you I "offended", I do not apoligize. If you have/had a problem with what I did and wanna be p***ed about it, man up and tell me. I don't sugarcoat anything. I'll tell you how I feel about you. If you can't say something to my face, don't say it at all.

I love my hospital job the most.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #69
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I was just informed by another member, I "offended" some of you with my post. I am sorry to slap you all in the face with reality, but no ones life is perfect. For those of you I "offended", I do not apoligize. If you have/had a problem with what I did and wanna be pissed about it, man up and tell me. I don't sugarcoat anything. I'll tell you how I feel about you. If you can't say something to my face, don't say it at all.

I love my hospital job the most.
Hey, Clutch. Be assured I was not offended in any way. We're all big people here and have the free agency to post or not post. That's the way I view it. Glad to have you and it looks as though you are havin' fun. That's as it should be.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #70
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Hey, Clutch. Be assured I was not offended in any way. We're all big people here and have the free agency to post or not post. That's the way I view it. Glad to have you and it looks as though you are havin' fun. That's as it should be.
Just wanna highlight that sentance for those who don't already know. I can post what I feel, to an extent, as can any of you. I can also choose not to like what you post, as you can do the same. If I do disagree with what you posted, I will use my freedom of choice (what little left there is) to not even bother with the post.

I like this place. Compared to the womanizers and idiots on almost every other forum I have been to, I would never leave this place as I left those. I do want to point out that we are online. You can get up and go outside or watch TV. I try to do it whenever I get the chance.