What do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooooooooooookay. Um, can we stop talking guns now? It makes me nervous.

And, I'll add here that I am a mental health therapist. I work with adolescents and their families.

Alix, that made me chuckle! :LOL:

I have done some sort of clerical work for about 30 years in all shapes and forms working for the head honcho to being the one who would sit and try to go through the thought process of where someone would mis-file something. Don't ask me how but I always found those lost files!

I have cooked professionally and I STILL am a mother - and a wife, though I took a break from that for awhile and now I wake up with a sweetheart of a person! I do some typing for my husband and work part time at a pretty small wine and beer store - we carry over 400 different beers and over 1,300 different wines. It is HUGE fun!

I go to college full time. I graduate in December. I will have my bachelors to teach EC-4th grade. I want to teach kindergarten though. I also currently substitute at elementary schools.

Spiritboxer said:
Hey Huggies, check out adding Reiki to your massage techniques. A type of energy balancing, it's very beneficial and I know a few folks who are doing both quite successfully.

I totally agree with this too! Sometimes I am afraid to mention subjects that are out of the "norm"- well, at least they are here in Kansas :LOL:

I have been at various times working through college etc : hotel night manager/auditor, cop, specialized janitorial services/conservator. But my main job has been for 29 years a prep school teacher: English lit and comp, music, theatre, and history. (I've collected several degrees along the way what with all the continuing ed requirements) I'm also a private chef for a small but regular clientel. (I now do my continuing ed at CIA...a credit is a credit and education is education...)

I put together part catalogs that the dealers use to fix vehicles. (Well, the sections I'm responsible for - I don't do the whole thing)

If it breaks and the dealer needs to order it, it's based on our parts lists.

It's not the most glamourous job, but it beats being on the road 5 days a week like I used to be, and the odds of having another person take a swing at me because I wouldn't buy their vehicle back are far less. :mrgreen:

John

I was just informed by another member, I "offended" some of you with my post. I am sorry to slap you all in the face with reality, but no ones life is perfect. For those of you I "offended", I do not apoligize. If you have/had a problem with what I did and wanna be p***ed about it, man up and tell me. I don't sugarcoat anything. I'll tell you how I feel about you. If you can't say something to my face, don't say it at all.

I love my hospital job the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clutch said:
I was just informed by another member, I "offended" some of you with my post. I am sorry to slap you all in the face with reality, but no ones life is perfect. For those of you I "offended", I do not apoligize. If you have/had a problem with what I did and wanna be pissed about it, man up and tell me. I don't sugarcoat anything. I'll tell you how I feel about you. If you can't say something to my face, don't say it at all.

I love my hospital job the most.
Hey, Clutch. Be assured I was not offended in any way. We're all big people here and have the free agency to post or not post. That's the way I view it. Glad to have you and it looks as though you are havin' fun. That's as it should be.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie E said:
Hey, Clutch. Be assured I was not offended in any way. We're all big people here and have the free agency to post or not post. That's the way I view it. Glad to have you and it looks as though you are havin' fun. That's as it should be.;)

Just wanna highlight that sentance for those who don't already know. I can post what I feel, to an extent, as can any of you. I can also choose not to like what you post, as you can do the same. If I do disagree with what you posted, I will use my freedom of choice (what little left there is) to not even bother with the post.

I like this place. Compared to the womanizers and idiots on almost every other forum I have been to, I would never leave this place as I left those. I do want to point out that we are online. You can get up and go outside or watch TV. I try to do it whenever I get the chance.

Clutch said:
I can post what I feel, to an extent, as can any of you.

Exactly. People can, and should, leave if they don't like it. It really bothers me that people are so easily offended. Seems to me clubs are formed because people have similar interests and beliefs, and people that don't share those same ideals should not be part of that club.

KitchenElf, I also was good at finding those lost pieces of paper in offices. So why can I NOT lay my hands on just the receipt I need to return something that didn't work? Guess I was better at taking care of other peoples' paper than my own!

Just as a little note for those of you participating in this discussion about posting or not posting your feelings.

Clutch, as you are new here perhaps you are not aware that the Admins have tried to make it very clear that if you have a personal disagreement with someone that should go to PMs rather than being posted on the boards. Since I can't find a post where someone tells you they are offended, I am going to assume that was done in a PM. That is what we are trying to promote here.

As for posting or not posting, as long as we all remember that this site is PG and we do have kids as young as 13 on the site we'll all do fine. So, sorry to continue the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

What do you do? As I already said, I'm a therapist. I'm also a wife/mom and love that job more than any other.

mad_evo99 said:
Exactly. People can, and should, leave if they don't like it. It really bothers me that people are so easily offended. Seems to me clubs are formed because people have similar interests and beliefs, and people that don't share those same ideals should not be part of that club.

Thank you. That's why the mustang guys get along so well, We all know each other. I'm sorry I shared so much of myself here. I meant no disrespect to anyone.

GTG, I have a leg to transport to the lab! WOO HOO!!!

:wacko: :ermm: :neutral:

Clutch said:
Thank you. That's why the mustang guys get along so well, We all know each other. I'm sorry I shared so much of myself here. I meant no disrespect to anyone.

GTG, I have a leg to transport to the lab! WOO HOO!!!

:wacko: :ermm: :neutral:

Hey, Clutch, be careful with that leg. Don't want anything to happen to it to land you in court without a leg to stand on.:LOL:

Katie E said:
Hey, Clutch, be careful with that leg. Don't want anything to happen to it to land you in court without a leg to stand on.:LOL:

I won the three legged race! WOO HOO!!!

I even set a new three legged race record for the 100 yard dash!

I feel bad tho, the guy said he had a *butt* kicking contest in a week. I guess he'll really know what it feels like to be a one legged man in a *butt* kicking contest!

:ohmy: Those DEFINATLY WEREN'T very PC, huh? :wacko: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom