What do you do for a living?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lindatoo - do you know how to do bobbin lace? I've got the "equipment," but am kind of lost about how to begin. I've found a couple of books on Amazon that I will probably get but would love to get some help/suggestions from someone who does the craft. :)

I'm a former K4 teacher, but have been a stay-at-home mom for the past 5 years & wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!! The only job I have outside of home, & I don't really consider it a job, is cleaning my parent's house every other week.

i didn't know you were a teacher before, crewsk!:ohmy: :) those kids probably loved you. you seem like you're really good with kids.

Thanks luvs! They really missed me when I had to quit & I missed them too. I still see a few of the kids from my class then & it makes me feel so old to see how much they have grown up!! I worked in a Child Development Center/private kindergarten for 5 years & the last 2 years I was there was when I was promoted to K4 teacher. I had gotten my degree in Early Childhood Development during the first 3 years & worked with children from 6 weeks to 5 yrs. old. It was my first & only job. My boss there was actually my K4 teacher when I went there! She was better as a teacher than a boss.:rolleyes:

I work in the glamorous field of automotive parts cataloging.

It's not a bad job, it pays the bills and allows me plenty of time to continue planning and scheming for world domination... :angel:

John

I work as a Network Engineer (puter geek) for the BCOCSEA (Baltimore City Office of Child Support Enforcement Agency).

i love my job when its busy..which sadly is only about 50% of the time...the other 50% of the time i just sit on my arse surfing the web and feeling rather useless.

I work the late shift in a television station control room. Basically just a bunch of paperwork and making sure everything goes on the air that's sopposed to. It's really boring.

Last edited:
sush! you should be ashamed at your post about firemen!!!!!!(btw, my dad was a brooklyn firefighter. was read his last rights twice due to injuries received in the 1 percent that he worked...)

to get back to jobs, i am a dad, then, a broadcast engineer for cbs in ny. i make tv shows happen technically(computers, cameras, ecg, mix/fx, audio), then handle the broadcast to sattelites and local antannae. it looks much harder than it is, kinda like flying a plane. a lot of redundancy.

hersky hoosky hersky how ya dooin der videodrome. (my best swedish chef)

lol, yep, i be fiximagratin dat stuff you be usin' to make da tv shows... drunken monkeys could do my job, but somehow they get the better gigs with the circus...

I work in the IT department for a large school district, but not for long as I am going to retire in December. I will then join the ranks of people that go to chili cookoffs, BBQ events all the fun stuff I can think of...

Later:rolleyes:

I worked for an industrial oil company. For 3 months I'm working with real oils:) for my future . I discovered here when I was searching a recipe. Now I'm sure that I want to do my own job. And we established Oddma Ltd. with my older sister and her boyfriend (almost husband:-p ). Now We are planning to open our cafe with the help of my mom's recipes and your's ofcourse:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom