What do you do for a living?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
me, i don't work.
i DO do some entrepreneurial stuff, though. there is a certain brand that i buy wholesale and re-sell. it takes some effort, cause i don't re-sell over the internet (don't trust that i'll get paid if i do), so sometimes it means going to music festivals and stuff, but it's well worth it.
but i'm interested in what you guys do with your days.
any cool jobs out there?

Last edited:
I've got the best job in the world.
Wife and mom. I wouldn't change it for anything.

First I'm a mom. Then I'm a Bakery Clerk. No I'm not a Baker. I'm the one who slices all the bread and packages the cookies and cakes and takes cake orders and fills the donut case blah blah blah.

middie said:
First I'm a mom. Then I'm a Bakery Clerk. No I'm not a Baker. I'm the one who slices all the bread and packages the cookies and cakes and takes cake orders and fills the donut case blah blah blah.

Yep but, in a few days the phone will
ring and it'll be your interviewer begging you
to come work for them!!! :)

lol pds i'm not leaving irene (my manager). she's been really good to me as faar as scheduling goes. nedd a day off ? no problem just let her know in advance. every
year i take a whole weekend off for bowling tournaments and she's been excellant with letting me have it. of course i put my request in like 6 months in advance lmao.

5.gif
busy, busy, busy

I have an awesome job. I work for the post office. I'm a window clerk. I wait on customers when the come in, sort mail and do all kinds of things.:rolleyes:

I work for my bil. He owns an electric sign company. I do all the graphics and the vinyls for all the buildings, pole signs, monument signs, window vinyl and vehicles for our customers in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas.

I Sell Jewelry,Antiques,Clocks and watches and repair such. I also sell coins,Gold, Silver, and Platnum. I have a side business of Metal Detectors.

Well, as some of you all know, I work professionally in "the biz". I'm the pantry supervisor at a country club.

Other then being a wife and grandmother raising 2 grandchildren I'm a personal care attendent/certified nurse aid, I clean houses and go shopping and do laundry for other people that can't do it for themselves and I babysit.:)

ok, Allen, I've never known a pantry supervisor...what does that mean? Are you in charge of making sure the "pantry" is properly stocked at all times?

I teach 4th grade. And James (Maidrite) and I would like to get more involved in eBay. We buy and sell now, but we would like to move it up a notch and do it on a bigger scale.

:) Barbara

think you could get me a job at your place of employment, wasabi?:LOL: that's my kind of job!:-p

I cook for a living. I just returned to the kitchen about 6 months ago after a few years in banking.

It's good to be back, by the way.:chef:

luvs_food said:
think you could get me a job at your place of employment, wasabi?:LOL: that's my kind of job!:-p

There's always room for one more, luvs.

callie said:
ok, Allen, I've never known a pantry supervisor...what does that mean? Are you in charge of making sure the "pantry" is properly stocked at all times?

In restaurants, "pantry" means an area where salads, cold sandwiches, and desserts are made. I oversee production on the "cold side" of the kitchen, which has the salad line (appetizer and entree salads), cold sandwiches (clubs, deli sandwiches, BLT's, etc.), as well as plated desserts. Since we do A LOT of catering, that also means I oversee production for salad buffets, sandwich buffets, and dessert buffets, as well as cold hor d'ourves. My job can be rather complex, at times.

If I were to be a chef, my title would be "Garde Manger".

Last edited:
tweedee said:
Other then being a wife and grandmother raising 2 grandchildren I'm a personal care attendent/certified nurse aid, I clean houses and go shopping and do laundry for other people that can't do it for themselves and I babysit.:)

WOW, Tweedee.
Your one **** of a woman.
Your very special, did you know that?:)

Just a student right now, when the Fall semester starts back up though, I'll be an RA, which basically means I'll live on a floor in one of the dorms, and I'll sort of be in charge of keeping things under control there. Not the most desired job in the world, but it's a good leadership/management type position to post on my resume after I graduate, and it pays for my food and a place to stay while I take class.

Back
Top Bottom