What do you do for hiccups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do what works best but have had a doctor say to put peanut butter on a teaspoon and eat it (if you're not allergic to peanuts).

Have done that for them and for us for 35 yerars and works like magic.

Slowly dissolving a sugar cube on my tongue.
It works great with babies. Wet the tip of your pinky.Dip it in a sugar bowl.Then let them bite you!:LOL::rolleyes:

Munky.
The sugar cube works for me too, although I have no idea why.

I get hiccups a lot as I have gastric reflux disease. Oddly, if I get them once I always get them 3 times in the day.

I find holding my breath for a count of 30 or the old remedy, drinking a glass of water from the other side of the glass (effectively up-side-down). A friend swears by breathing in and out of a paper bag.

Gaviscon helps too.

The minute I saw this subject I knew this was one thread that would a gazillion replies! :)

My favorite is one that's almost impossible to describe. (It works for me every time!)

Fill a glass with water.
Bend over the sink with the glass of water in your hand AND sip 10 times from the opposite side of the glass than that you would normally.

You might think it's impossible until you try it.

When I was in the fourth grade I took acrobats. One of the things I learned to do was to do a backbend and pick up a glass of water and drink it on my way back up. By the time I was straight up, you could see that I was drinking out of the opposite side of the glass. Once you get the hang of it, it really is easy to do. :angel:

I have a bad habit of getting involved in something so intensely that I hold my breath and forget to breath. This sets off a case of the hiccups. I do nothing for them and they stop after a minute or two. :angel:

I think I have used all of the remedies mentioned in this discussion, except the one with sugar. Yes, most of them have worked some of the time. The only one that has reliably worked for me is the one where I "flip" my diaphragm.

I think I have used all of the remedies mentioned in this discussion, except the one with sugar. Yes, most of them have worked some of the time. The only one that has reliably worked for me is the one where I "flip" my diaphragm.

;) Taxi's demonstration..

img_1363643_0_a9b5918764cafe16082ff031b3bd686a.gif

Back
Top Bottom