What do you do in the wee hours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now my life is evolving around a global time zone. Everybody is somewhere. I get phone calls at odd hours.
Spring is just around the corner, so all the mice that were hibernating are out and about! We acquired our fair share this cold winter.
We have some humanitarian traps (catch & release outdoors). We also have cats. There was such a clatter last night.
The cats were watching a cupboard. Couldn't sleep so I help the cats investigate. While cleaning out the cupboard, one little mouse was hiding behind an oatmeal box. He leaped for life and a cat scurried to catch him. I had never heard a mouse scream so loud. LOL He did manage to get away.
From one small cupboard, I loaded two garbage bags. The jar of pintos that I found were about 5 years old and so dark that you could not see the pinto pattern. It's pretty obvious when beans are old!
About 04:15, I decided to head for bed. I know that at some point and time I must have been asleep when the dog started barking. It was around 05:30. When I looked outside, it was a maze of emergency lights flashing outside. The ER Medic Crews were tending to a neighbor a few houses away.
Some nights are just that way. We like the air circulation of box fans and that seems to muffle a lot of noise.

Maybe starting a Wee Hours Journal. Tonight it is getting paperwork caught up and maybe getting it ahead.
It is really quite tonight.

Mice, yikes. Here we usually are more likely to have them in the fall, but I'd better start paying attention. They love my puppy's kibble, steal it, and hide it all over the house.

Dove said:
I don't think I have ever invited you to the woodshed....:devilish:

erm.... OK, I`ll be Good, HONEST! See, I`m all tucked up and fast asleep like a good boy now :sleep: Zzzz.....

Back
Top Bottom