What do you do in the wee hours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Like many people who are on this web site, I'm a bit of an insomniac. OK, full blown insomniac. I know that people in the food biz often are up at odd hours. What do you do when you're awake an everyone else in the universe seems to be asleep? Mostly I come here, or I read. What do you do?

During the week try to sleep, gotta break the big stones into little ones in the AM.

But on Friday and Saturday nights I can get up in the middle of the night and play on the computer, read, write, watch TV. Can always nap later in the day.

I live for these times.

Watch The Food Network on cable, hang out online, read, make corned beef sandwiches and guzzle rootbeer. Occasionaly I play Monopoly Tycoon on my cell phone. I've always been a nightowl, it's so peaceful in the wee hours..:cool:

I am a night owl myself but I am never up this late! I am having a difficult time fitting in at my new job and I think about it more than I should so that is keeping me awake. I usually am accompanied by my DH and we watch TV, play video games, play with the kitties or I come on here to DC. I like the peacefulness as well.

Looking out over the hills I see the sky is no longer black.

There have been a few cars going by.

And my world is starting to bestir itself from slumber.

Oh, well, ta ta quiet night, time to start another day and week.

But will be here next week at the same time, promise.

When BH was in hospital I was visiting DC at 3.00a.m., having a cup of tea then going back to bed.

I'm off and on here during the night, or will read,or do a crossword, sometimes I'll go fool around in the kitchen, but, hate to wake DH with the clatter and bang of pots and pans, but mostly I come visit here...Sleep is difficult many nights so thank heavens I can come hang out here...:)
kadesma

Usually asleep in the wee hours but, if not, I like to read. The house is so nice and quiet and I can appreciate the peacefulness of it as I read. I don't like to stir around too much because I'm afraid I'll disturb Buck.

Wee hours. That's about when the night's rest is interrupted by a trip to the bathroom.

I thought that's where the term "wee" hours came from.:LOL:

Sleep.... unless Paul can't sleep, then I toss and turn waiting for him to turn off the light and fall into sweet slummber.

I sleep pretty good but when I can't sleep I get out of bed and go into the den to watch some TV.

After a while of watching TV I go back to sleep.

Buck said:
Wee hours. That's about when the night's rest is interrupted by a trip to the bathroom.

I thought that's where the term "wee" hours came from.:LOL:

Oh so true Buck, but I always go right back to sleep ! Iam a morning person !

As I mentioned several times here already, we are both staunch nocturnal creatures. It seems that our mental vitality come alive after midnight, especially for Cris it is the best time to concentrate on some improtant work to do (partially because at this hour he is unlikely to be interrupted by telephone/skype/msn from colleagues, employees, clients and his ex wife). If there is anything I can do, I would help him, or just sit by him, or read, listen to music or watch some films that I know he wouldn't really care about. When he doesn't work, we love to have an all night film viewing on our home theatre, or just mess around on internet together. It is not at all an extraordinary event if a new day is dawning when we finally hit the sack, and as the day is getting longer now, we will be having that kind of night/morning more often!!:cool:

I can very easily get caught in a book and read the whole thing before realising how late, or rather, early it is. I am trying to limit this as I end up on a completely different tietable from my DH.

We don't have a bath in this flat, but in other places I have always gone and runa warm and gently frangrant bath and soaked away enjoying some indulgent time!

Back
Top Bottom