"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
Executive Chef

New Years Eve? Im in bed sleeping I cant stay up that long.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
Everymom

We usually go see some fireworks a neighbour puts off, and stay for a little chat with them. Then we go home and watch movies til midnight, pause the movie, toast and kiss and turn the movie back on. LOL

This year, we are meeting friends at the toboggan hill in the afternoon and we will toboggan, come home and have hot chocolate/cider and chili and THEN do the fireworks etc.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Normally, I invite my mum over to dinner if she hasn't got any wild plans happening and cook something special - usually seafood or a fondue - open a bottle of bubbly and then have an early night. I will then get woken by the neighbour blowing up empty cool drink bottles with his oxy-acetylene gear, which not only makes the entire neighbourhood's dogs howl but all the car alarms in the street go off as well. Having now got up, I look thru the windows to make sure there is no idiot setting off illegal fireworks in my front or back gardens - which has happened in the past. Then when the lunatics have returned to their own personal asylums, I go back to bed!!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
we've been invited to a party... but
I think we'll stay home and be romantic together... :)
Old 12-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Enough

this new year I am planning to be with the one that understands me the most. That is my dog. He doesn't want me to go anywhere anyway. Like someone said about fireworks, that is one thing I worry about too. Wind up all over my lawn, and they call me a party p-----! Just I don't want my roof catching on fire.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #16
Head Chef

We normally ring in the new year by sleeping through it. But this year we are leaving for London on Xmas Day and will be there through New Years. So we are thinking we are going to be awake and somewhere in London, drinking lots of champagne. Still working on our plan for that though.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
Executive Chef

He's working that night, so I'll help where ever I can, but will probably end up taking my turn in the dish pit. Last year I got to plate the desserts, with any luck, I'll get to do it again.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

My best friend is having a 5-in-1 New Year's Eve party, early in the evening. She had told me it would be a Parisian New Year's party, celebrating at 6 p.m. our time, when it's midnight in Paris, but apparently changed her mind. Here's part of the invitation:

At 5 PM we'll celebrate with Athens.
At 6 PM we'll ring in the New Year with Paris.
At 7 PM we'll party with London.
At 8 PM we'll observe the Azores' New Year and finally,
At 9 PM we'll make merry with Rio de Janeiro.

Basically a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres and champagne. Should be fun - we can be home before the crazies go out and watch NYC drop the ball, if we can stay up that long.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
My best friend is having a 5-in-1 New Year's Eve party, early in the evening. She had told me it would be a Parisian New Year's party, celebrating at 6 p.m. our time, when it's midnight in Paris, but apparently changed her mind. Here's part of the invitation:

At 5 PM we'll celebrate with Athens.
At 6 PM we'll ring in the New Year with Paris.
At 7 PM we'll party with London.
At 8 PM we'll observe the Azores' New Year and finally,
At 9 PM we'll make merry with Rio de Janeiro.

Basically a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres and champagne. Should be fun - we can be home before the crazies go out and watch NYC drop the ball, if we can stay up that long.
If I was ringing in the new year at 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9...... I doubt the ball would be the only thing dropping 3 hours later
Old 12-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
If I was ringing in the new year at 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9...... I doubt the ball would be the only thing dropping 3 hours later
Well, this is my first time doing it this way, so I'm being optimistic