What Do YOU Do on New Year's Eve?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going camping with 6 friends so we'll be celebrating New Years Eve at a campsite barbequeing something and probably drinking too much wine :)

We make chili and hot sausage cornbread. About 20 of our closest friends come over and we hang out in the tiki bar drinking all different kinds of libations, playing video games and just overall having a great time. It's become a yearly thing for us.

This year someone's bringing a Wii, so we're going to really have a comical time.

My husband and I will go away to a little Inn in ME. We go there every year to celebrate our anniversary.

I usually don't do much on the "regular" New Years eve. I do my celebrating on Chinese New Years. I go up to San Francisco for the week-end and get together with friends who live there, take in the sights, haunt the streets of Chinatown, watch the parade, which is one of the ten best Chinese New Years parades in the world and the best in North America, and hit a few of the finer restaurants in SF, some new ones and some old favorites.

Now, New Years 1999 was different. I fired up my computer, logged on to the internet, sat down with food, drink, and alternate light and energy sources, and prepared to watch the entire world implode. Unfortunately, nothing happened. Nothing at all. Nothing crashed, nothing broke, nothing failed, nothing collapsed. In fact I think the drunk driving stastics actually went down from the year before. After all the hoopla, grim predictions, and general doom & gloom, the coming of the year 2000 was a total disappointment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom