What do you hate washing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
toad in the hole

Toad in the hole?
its sausages inside batter.

The ingregients are
1lb 448g Sausages
2oz 56g Fat
4oz plain flour
pinch of salt
1 egg
1 half pt of milk or water
method
Place sausages and fat in a suitable dish cook for 15- 20 mintutes
Sieve flour and salt into a bowl and graually stir in egg and milk.
Beat until smooth and air bubbles rise

when sausages are cooked pour the batter over them and return to the oven
cook until goldren brown and crispy.

my men love it.
above is the recpie so try it.:)

Iam glad i can help. Tell me what they all think.

Last edited:
I don't use anything that requires washing to remove fat. I sometimes use ice cubes inside white paper towels. That does a good job and just toss away.

I misunderstood what you meant by a fat mop at first. I use some herbs tied together to mop the fat or sauce ON what I'm cooking. Never tried it to remove the fat.

There are a few things I dislike washing but that doesn't bother me so much as drying the stuff... We don't have a washing machine and sometimes when we have guests over there are loads of plates and glasses, and wine glasses... So I do all of the washing and Adrien does the drying... Thenk god he prefers to do the drying instead of the washing! Perhaps that is one of the reasons I am marrying him, lol.

When we moved in together, 25 or so years ago, we had certain agreements. #1 was that the cook doesn't wash dishes. When we started out, we pretty much shared cooking duties. Over the years, hubby has more or less taken up washing (an me cooking), and he doesn't seem to mind any equipment I use. I agree -- graters are right up there. Especially when it is cheese, toss it in hot water asap, and hubby appreciates that I do that. I tend to wash my mandolin myself simply because it really needs to be washed immediately or it is a finger-threatening-disaster. But Hubby doesn't seem to mind anything I toss his way. We don't own a dishwasher, so big parties we do share the duties (both cooking and washing up). I have very unsteady hands, so I put the crystal on the sideboard until the next day, then when hubby wakes up I make up a sink of clean hot soapy water and let him do the honors (I'd break more than it would be worth)(and we don't try to clean them after a big dinner party at night -- i.e., after all that wine has gone down the throat).

One wish that among the top of my wish lists had I ever encounter Genie is, to have a little sidekick whenever I cook something and he would wash and clean everything after me, from a spoon, the blender, sticky skillet to the floor!! Darn it where are you Genie!!

licia said:
My sister gave me something that really helps with washing things in the sink. A little brush that holds dishwashing liquid. I use it on frying pans, things I consider too large to go in the dw, or just bulky things. I've even used it to clean the sink if I had something greasy or dirty. I think they came from Walmart or Big Lots. She brought me several and I have given some of them away. I almost never have to wash anything in dishwater anymore. It is so much easier to wash the big things as soon as I've used them and put them away. I don't have to run the dw as often either and my pots don't get the discoloration from the dw.

My mother got me that little brush and I love it. It has an easy grip, too. I am travelling to the States next month and I am thinking of getting a couple more for other things like the bathroom sink or window sills. I was washing the bathroom this morning and I figured THAT is the thing I hate the most clenaing:sick:! worst thatn anny pot or pan or hood(I did it yesterday and it is pretty annoying!)

Cheers,

Paolita

Back
Top Bottom