"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #51
Executive Chef

Anything that cannot go in the dish washer, especially tupperware containers!

Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
Everything.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #53
Master Chef

When we moved in together, 25 or so years ago, we had certain agreements. #1 was that the cook doesn't wash dishes. When we started out, we pretty much shared cooking duties. Over the years, hubby has more or less taken up washing (an me cooking), and he doesn't seem to mind any equipment I use. I agree -- graters are right up there. Especially when it is cheese, toss it in hot water asap, and hubby appreciates that I do that. I tend to wash my mandolin myself simply because it really needs to be washed immediately or it is a finger-threatening-disaster. But Hubby doesn't seem to mind anything I toss his way. We don't own a dishwasher, so big parties we do share the duties (both cooking and washing up). I have very unsteady hands, so I put the crystal on the sideboard until the next day, then when hubby wakes up I make up a sink of clean hot soapy water and let him do the honors (I'd break more than it would be worth)(and we don't try to clean them after a big dinner party at night -- i.e., after all that wine has gone down the throat).
Old 09-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #54
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
One wish that among the top of my wish lists had I ever encounter Genie is, to have a little sidekick whenever I cook something and he would wash and clean everything after me, from a spoon, the blender, sticky skillet to the floor!! Darn it where are you Genie!!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #55
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
My sister gave me something that really helps with washing things in the sink. A little brush that holds dishwashing liquid. I use it on frying pans, things I consider too large to go in the dw, or just bulky things. I've even used it to clean the sink if I had something greasy or dirty. I think they came from Walmart or Big Lots. She brought me several and I have given some of them away. I almost never have to wash anything in dishwater anymore. It is so much easier to wash the big things as soon as I've used them and put them away. I don't have to run the dw as often either and my pots don't get the discoloration from the dw.
My mother got me that little brush and I love it. It has an easy grip, too. I am travelling to the States next month and I am thinking of getting a couple more for other things like the bathroom sink or window sills. I was washing the bathroom this morning and I figured THAT is the thing I hate the most clenaing! worst thatn anny pot or pan or hood(I did it yesterday and it is pretty annoying!)

Cheers,

Paolita