What do you hate washing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Are there certain kitchen gadgets that you avoid using because you hate washing them? I have several, I avoid. DH usually does the dishes, but there are ones that I know are TNT that he misses or puts in the machine and it doesn't come out as clean as it should.

Here's my list: grater (box, or the flat one), ginger mincer thing, whisk (just a pet peeve of mine), blender or food processor. I tend to like to wash these blender/processor parts by hand, but that doesn't always happen

What's yours?

food processor for sure, whisks(they arent fun), garlic mincer...is that along the same as your ginger one?, roasters, indoor grill, blender, deep fryer when it gets close to time to change oil,........

I guess I just shouldnt have kitchen appliances...lol

Windows! I know.. they are not kitchen gadgets.. but, I realllllly really dislike washing them.

:LOL: That's true huh Tan? I'm sure now that we've said that, they'll be rushing to pretend they hate washing something, or rather that they actually know where the dish soap is!. :) j/k guys...:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

tancowgirl2000 said:
cold water makes a difference? And I like washing windows...dont ask

You are very welcome to come do mine.
Really, I'm more than willing to let ya wash
as many as you'd like.:)

I hate cleaning the garlic press, and trying to run a sponge down the grooves of my paninni grill drives me round the bend.. Another kitchen thing I avoid is unloading the dishwasher! Especially the knive, forks and such...I really dislike re-washing the dishes after DH, who insists on hand washing, which is fine, but he doesn't run his hand over the plate surface to see if anything like cheese is left behind:sick: I bet you all know how hard some cheese is to dislodge HUH? I think anything that cannot be submerged in water is a royal pain to wash. Let's put it this way so you know I do clean my house and kitchen, I do it, under PROTEST, but I do it :ROFLMAO:

kadesma:angel:

I hate unloading the dw also. Luckily, dh doesn't seem to mind that as much as some things. He NEVER did any dishwashing of any kind, tho. He will load it also, but I usually have to check to see what he put that obstructs the flow of water to another area. Considering his mother never had any of her boys do ANY housework at all, I suppose he does quite well. Probably because of a fit I had a few years ago. I had gone to my mothers for a few days and when I returned the kitchen sink and the dw was full of dirty dishes. He was watching golf on tv. I put my bags down, and when I saw the mess promptly told him I would be back in a while and there better not be any dirty dishes. He hadn't heard me do anything like that before. I've never had to worry about that again. I think anyone over 7 years old should be able to clean up behind themselves.

pdswife said:
You are very welcome to come do mine.
Really, I'm more than willing to let ya wash
as many as you'd like.:)

I would LOVE to help you out but well....i got lots of my own!!!:ROFLMAO:

licia......over seven or just seven....hmmmm.....I do agree though, but you know most men are stuck being 6....

Well, I used to hate doing any dishes. So much so, that when I was single, yes, I would have a sink full of dirty dishes for days, until I got around to cleaning them.

I really, really, love automatic dishwashers. Sadly, I don't have one here at my home. Just to install one, I would have to do a major kitchen renovation, as this kitchen isn't designed for one.

However, since we moved in, I've been doing the dishes, every day (with a few exceptions when I have to work really long hours). I don't mind, now. I've got a deep fryer (I just cleaned it tonight, in fact), an electric griddle, several cast iron skillets, a crock pot, immersion blender, food processor, and a filthy blender out in my garage. The only reason the blender isn't sparkling clean and in my kitchen is that I just haven't gotten it done yet, with everything else that's going on (moving MIL's stuff into my home). I'll get it clean here soon, as I wouldn't mind having a daiquiri every now and then.

Now, cleaning work equipment is another thing. I don't really mind cleaning any of the stuff at work, either, be it the Robocoup, buffalo chopper, tilt skillet, meat slicer (very dangerous piece there), etc. Commercial deep-fryers, on the other hand, I'm not to fond of. I use to loathe them. But, I've mellowed in the past few years, and will clean them, but I still don't like it.

licia said:
I hate unloading the dw also. Luckily, dh doesn't seem to mind that as much as some things. He NEVER did any dishwashing of any kind, tho. He will load it also, but I usually have to check to see what he put that obstructs the flow of water to another area. Considering his mother never had any of her boys do ANY housework at all, I suppose he does quite well. Probably because of a fit I had a few years ago. I had gone to my mothers for a few days and when I returned the kitchen sink and the dw was full of dirty dishes. He was watching golf on tv. I put my bags down, and when I saw the mess promptly told him I would be back in a while and there better not be any dirty dishes. He hadn't heard me do anything like that before. I've never had to worry about that again. I think anyone over 7 years old should be able to clean up behind themselves.
You have one of those too? Same here, good guy wouldn't trade him for the world, but mommy spoiled him and his twin brothers something awful...It took me many moons to convince him that the clothes go in the happer you pull out of the wall, not on the floor in front of it..This I did by just leaving them there til Oh my goodness, I don't have any clean under shorts!!! NO kidding, there's the hamper, put em in, I take em out!!!!
kadesma
He is a real trooper now, even knows how the washing machine works and the dryer too:ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't it have been nice if we had caught on a little earlier? I really didn't seem to understand that I didn't have to take care of everyone. Perhaps I'm a little thickheaded in some things.

Tanis, if you ever want more windows to wash, you have an open invitation to my house! Like pds, I know they're not kitchen gadgets, but it's the first thing that came into my head--I hate washing them.

PDS, the Windex outdoor washing fluid you attach to your garden hose works really well. Now I just have to find an easier way to do the insides!

First thing that came to my mind when I read the title was laundry...man do I hate doing laundry!!! And it sure seems like Im gonna have a very sore arm now aint I?

Back
Top Bottom