What do you have for lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Power-Append

Assistant Cook
These days i go eat outside, i went to in and out and mostly these days i eat from panda express, so i am wondering what do you eat at lunch time

Wow, that sound delicious, Rocklobster!

Panda Express doesn't sound very good tho. I've only tasted stuff from there once, and it was NOT good. Perhaps not even edible.

Plan ahead--make an extra chicken breast for supper, chop it up and add it to a tossed salad, bring the dressing in a small container (I used to use spice jars) on the side. Or, you can make a chicken sandwich and take that for lunch.

Start brown bagging it--go outside to eat, but pack your own lunch. I used to prepare lunch-sized portions of casseroles, etc., pop them in the freezer, take them out in the morning and they'd be ready to pop in the microwave at lunchtime. I also used to bring hardboiled eggs, smoked oysters, celery and carrot sticks, yogurt. I'd go outside to eat--use the money you are not spending for lunch to treat yourself to something--a cookbook/kitchen tool you've had your eye on, a movie you've wanted to see, etc.

Today for lunch we are having a wrap with some roast beef, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and garlic sauce wrapped in Lebanese bread :)

28716-albums312-picture2551.jpg

Often it's leftovers from last night's dinner. Leftover meat's get made into a sandwich or quesadilla, etc. Otherwise, it's a couple of hot dogs, or tuna salad, or take-out Chinese.

I try to go home for lunch when I'm working, and usually have leftovers. DH will occasionally bring home some fast food when he's sick of leftovers.

On purpose leftovers, made into lunches. Most I re-work into something different so I don't get tired of them.

I often do more vegetables than we need for our tea and mash them up in a frying pan ( we call it bubble and squeak, mainly if it has caggage and potato, but any sort of vegetable goes well in it) Or do it in a jaffle iron. Nice with a poached egg on toast for lunch.

Last edited:
I am just eating a tuna and cheese toasted sandwich, lovely on this cold day :)

Steve had some leftover chicken stir fry :)

Way too much!

Met friends for lunch. Smorgasbord -- All you can eat for $12 (Seniors)

Excellent but way, way, way too much..........Burp!!

Only 10.15am here so not sure what lunch will be, but yesterday I just had some yogurt and puffed wheat. I have an addiction to puffed wheat at the moment. I don't know why as it really is pretty bland. But I like to get a huge bowl of it and eat it like popcorn whilst watching a movie ;) We all have our weird habits, right? :)

I like puffed wheat, but I have to have something on it...we have a cereal over here that I can just eat of the box called Honey Weets and they are basically puffed wheat coated in honey :yum:

My husband who was born in the UK used to love Sugar Puffs, he said they are puffed wheat coated in sugar and they are a bit crispier than Honey Weets

Kylie1969 said:
I like puffed wheat, but I have to have something on it...we have a cereal over here that I can just eat of the box called Honey Weets and they are basically puffed wheat coated in honey :yum:

My husband who was born in the UK used to love Sugar Puffs, he said they are puffed wheat coated in sugar and they are a bit crispier than Honey Weets

I'm eating it plain whilst watching a movie as I type haha!

Yes we have Sugar Puffs here and you're correct, they're the same just coated in sugar and definitely crispier. They're too sweet for my tastes though.

I try not to eat lunch, but sometimes that doesn't work out.
I usually have a beer, coffee with my new friend sugary creamer or I steal something from the fridge. Yesterday I had salad dressing and hard caramels.

Usually, soup, salad or a sandwich (with fresh fruit, chips, or yogurt).
I buy assorted cheeses (Muenster, Swiss, etc.) & meats (roast beef, turkey breast) from the Deli dept, & keep ripe juicy tomatoes, avocadoes & salad fixin's on hand. I change out the bread/rolls, i.e. onion rolls, baguettes, bagels - from the Bakery. Sometimes it's cream cheese, red onion & sliced tomato on a bagel. I try to mix it up & keep it interesting.

Bolledeig said:
I try not to eat lunch, but sometimes that doesn't work out.
I usually have a beer, coffee with my new friend sugary creamer or I steal something from the fridge. Yesterday I had salad dressing and hard caramels.

Switch the beer for cider (the alcoholic variety) and that's my perfect lunch right there :)

Back
Top Bottom