What do you Like on your hotdog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you like on your hot dog?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Give me grilled onions, HARD mustard AND relish!
1.gif

Possibly some sport peppers!

Chili, mustard and onions ! Now that I have read so many ways--think I could eat them all right now--like those doggies !

Last edited:
Now here is a topic I can get into.

I love a good hot dog, and I love to have then fixed in many dofferent ways.

the one way not listed in the poll is with mustard AND COLE SLAW. Must be a southern thing.

Gets my vote....

Coleslaw`s great with almost anything anyway :)
with the exception of Soup or Gravy perhaps :O
although wouldn`t coleslaw Technicaly fit under the Salsa/Gardeneria catagory?

Sauerkraut....Dijon Mustard ... and MY pickled Jalepenos.

I use Bubbies Sauerkraut ( no vinegar ). It's really good for those who don't like the pucker your lips sauerkraut flavor. Instead the bite comes from the pickled jalepenos.

Hotdogs w/ mustard & sauerkraut - raw onions
Hotdogs w/ mustard and relish - raw onions
Hotdogs w/ mustard, chili, raw onions and cheese

Yeppers... been on a hotdog kick the last 2 weeks!!

I love my hotdog split and fried in a pan (nice and charred) topped with mustard and relish! Very simple, but oh so good!!! I use to think people were nuts to put relish on their dog, then I finally tried it. Man, what I have been missing out on!!! So maybe one of you-ins can convince me to try some of those other toppins?!?? :LOL:

My favourite is one with hot sauerkraut, cooked with butter, sliced onions and a bit of white wine, and sweet german mustard.

I like mine 2 different ways:

1. Chili, mustard, raw onions and melted cheese

2. Ketchup, mustard, raw onions and relish

One option not there - slaw -

A hotdog all the way here is slaw, chili, mustard, and onions

The other way I like them is spicy brown mustard and sauerkraut (probably this is my favorite way)

If I'm out of all hotdog toppings at least I have relish and yellow mustard - which is always a good combination in a pinch

I was shocked when I moved to South Carolina and found out they put cole slaw on hotdogs and hamburgers! They look at me very strangely when I say I like pickle relish on mine.

I like my hotdogs (preferably all beef) fairly simple: plain yellow mustard, a little ketchup, relish, and chopped raw onions.

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I was shocked when I moved to South Carolina and found out they put cole slaw on hotdogs and hamburgers! They look at me very strangely when I say I like pickle relish on mine.

I like my hotdogs (preferably all beef) fairly simple: plain yellow mustard, a little ketchup, relish, and chopped raw onions.

:) Barbara

The first time someone asked me if I wanted chili and slaw on my hotdog I almost hurled!!!!!!! I can't remember how many years it took me to finally try it. It's pretty darn good!

Back
Top Bottom