"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: What do YOU like on your Pizza?
Onions! 21 56.76%
Green / Red / Yellow peppers! 17 45.95%
olives! 15 40.54%
Sausage! 18 48.65%
Pepperoni! 22 59.46%
Tomatos! 18 48.65%
Extra Garlic chunks! 11 29.73%
Mushrooms! 28 75.68%
Ham / Canadian Bacon 13 35.14%
Basil! 14 37.84%
Extra Cheese 23 62.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I love very thick crust (which is why I prefer my home made pizza). I love lots of cheese (mozzerella, romano, parmesan), pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives. I like other things too, but most of the time I order pizza with those three toppings. I like onions, and sometimes I like Canadian bacon and pineapple. I like a good Margherita pizza. I absolutely cannot stand sausage or hamburger on pizza, and I'm sure I wouldn't like anchovies on it either. James is a little more forgiving about what he likes on pizza. He likes his with a really crisp thin crust. He doesn't like sausage but will eat it. There was a pizza place he used to go to in Ottumwa that served his favorite, which had Canadian bacon, pineapple, and sauerkraut.

Barbara

Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
I love all meats on my pizza.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #13
Head Chef

Lol Barb! What I can't stand is pineapple on pizza! :-D Also, my pizza has to be very thin crust! Guess we won't be ever eating pizza together ey?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 AM   #14
Head Chef

I'm actually very fond of the pizzas we serve at the restaurant where I work. We use a 7" Roselli dough, stretching and docking it to a largish oval. Basically a one/two person pizza with a thin, crispy crust (it helps to have a clay-lined oven that runs @ 650 degrees!).

Any toppings are good, but I like italian sausage, pepperoni, red onions, portabellos, provelone & mozzy (with a tiny bit of parm & smoked cheddar). And I'm an 'extra red sauce' kinda guy! I eat pizza very very rarely (quite carby, you know), but it's a treat I do enjoy on occasion.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:07 AM   #15
Head Chef

We always start with extra cheese and onions, and go from there.

Often just order what we call a garbage pizza, that is to say a pie with the works (but please no pineapple or ham).

Never order one with anchovies because one of us cannot tolerate them. And you cannot, I will admit, put anchovies on just one half a pie. The flavor oozes over to the adjacent slices and truly does pollute them (a great way to get most of the pie for yourself, but it really isn't fair).

Not too long ago we went to see my sil and bil, hundreds of miles away. Her palate is beyond compare (that means she likes anchovies on pizza too, lol).

On pizza night we decided to buy two pies, one for those who shun anchovies and one for the culinary enlightened (sil and myself).

Believe it or not we could not find a pizzeria that had anchovies. And this was in a place that has a pizza joint in every mall.

Finally was reduced to buying a tin of them and putting them on ourselves.

Where is the culinary world going, one must ask.

Have no idea what Escoffier liked on his pizza but would bet with the trufles, caviar, and foie gras there would have been a few anchovies.

At least I hope so.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:29 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Since pineapple doesn't appear on the poll as an option, I have to assume the very idea disgusts the author of the poll! Love pineapple, love dried tomatoes. Otherwise, the usual toppings we put on ours when we make it at home are mushrooms, onions, and bacon. Cheese and tomato sauce go without saying.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix
Lol Barb! What I can't stand is pineapple on pizza! :-D Also, my pizza has to be very thin crust! Guess we won't be ever eating pizza together ey?
I loooove pineapple on pizza
Old 12-17-2006, 04:36 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
almost all of the above + anchovies, pineapple, oregano, chili peppers.

and guess what we`re having for dinner tonight as a direct result :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #19
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
We like many differant combinations, my usual is extra cheese, regular bacon, mushrooms and anchovies. Love greek pizza's too, w/feta, tomatoes, black olives hot peppers rings. YUM
Old 12-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #20
Senior Cook

I like lots of different toppings, chicken and mushroom, donner and green chilliiii, spicy mince, but my favourite is a deep pan pizza topped with TONS of pizza sauce, kinda tomatoey with a bit of a kick, and red onions and sweetcorns and of course, extra cheeeese gorgeous