What do YOU like On Your Pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do YOU like on your Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Little Miss J said:
taco?
how can you have a taco pizza?

It is called taco because, instead of pizza sauce, it has salsa and topped with meat, tomatoes, lettuce, black olives and cheddar cheese.

auntdot said:
Never order one with anchovies because one of us cannot tolerate them. And you cannot, I will admit, put anchovies on just one half a pie. The flavor oozes over to the adjacent slices and truly does pollute them (a great way to get most of the pie for yourself, but it really isn't fair).
I thought I was the only one who thought that! I don't mind anchovies in sauces, stews, etc., but just a couple on a pizza ruins the whole thing.

For my toppings, I like them all (except the anchovies), but my favorite pie is with tomato slices, bacon, and mushrooms.

I have several favourites, and don't believe I've ever met a pizza I didn't actually care for...

Some favourite combinations are : fried eggplant and artichoke, sausage and vinegar peppers, pepperoni and olive, chicken parmesan, penne a la vodka, fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes and basil, anchovy, clam and shrimp, meatball and ricotta cheese.

I prefer thin crust.

I almost forgot, once the pizza is at our table, James goes nuts sprinkling the parmesan on and I am pretty liberal with the dried pepper shaker. (I often get a small side order of hotwings to go along with my pizza, and usually a small salad).

:) Barbara

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I LOVE pizza! Alas, Im lactose intolerant. So I really should not have it. :neutral:
Sush, you don't need cheese for it to be pizza! There are many varieties in Italy that have NO cheese at all on them... certainly anything that includes seafood, and lots of other, including my favorite which has only tomatoes, oregano, garlic salt and pepper and a healthy drizzle of evoo.

I love anchovies on anything, especially pizza. The one topping I cannot abide is (shudder) pepperoni.

Last edited:
A coupon for a free pizza on your next visit.:LOL:

I like extra cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms.

My toppings for both pan and thin pizzas consist of tomatoes, onions, red and green peppers, tuna, mozarella cheese and sometimes with mushrooms and olives as replacement. I don't mind doing it with ham and pineapples but DH hates it. He believes that fruit should not be used in dishes!

boufa06 said:
I don't mind doing it with ham and pineapples but DH hates it. He believes that fruit should not be used in dishes!

Ah yes, Greeks and their aversions to fruit and/or nuts in "regular food"! I know this one well!

I still remember an aunt of my husband's poking at my cashew chicken on the buffet (unaware that I was behind her, I'm sure) and repeating "nuts? with chicken?" over and over as if she simply could not compute. I half expected to see sparks fly out of her ears.

Has your DH tried pineapple? I converted my husband and converted my kids' piano teacher too, both starting out feeling quite certain they were going to be poisoned.

Not quite yet but I do sneak in some fresh cut pieces when I prepare my Peranakan dishes. My excuse to him is that it's my cuisine and he better eat it!! I once tried a chicken dish with prunes served in a restaurant here since it was highly recommended by the owner. It was so sweetish that I couldn't eat anymore. Needless to say, I pointed that out to him with glee and all he said was that it was not traditional. I guess the dish would have been nice if they have not overdone it.

Wow, you guys/gals have some interesting combos!! My all time fav is pepperoni and jalapeno... (jalapeno not listed!!) Some variations of this would be to add sausage and or mushrooms and or bacon. That is about it for me... I do not go outside these borders for some reason.... and to tell you the truth, pizza is sounding pretty good for dinner tonight!!!!

DS... I am surprised that you don't have sushi listed for on top of your pizza... perhaps some superwhite, and salmon... ohhhh... my mouth is watering now!!!!

Last edited:
ChefJune said:
Sush, you don't need cheese for it to be pizza! There are many varieties in Italy that have NO cheese at all on them... certainly anything that includes seafood, and lots of other, including my favorite which has only tomatoes, oregano, garlic salt and pepper and a healthy drizzle of evoo.

I love anchovies on anything, especially pizza. The one topping I cannot abide is (shudder) pepperoni.

June is right. Her fave is very close to what we call "marinara". You can add some anchovy fillets, and then it will become "Napolitana".

My favourite cheeseless pizza variations.

1. shred onions and bell peppers, pile them on the pizza dough with chopped olives, capers, salt, pizza herbs and good evoo.

2. slice the potatoes very thin, preferably with mandolin, then sprinkle with garlic powder, rosemary sprigs and salt, + drizzle of evoo.

Both of them are also tomatoless, come to think of it!

just a little Off Topic here, but does anyone rem in the late 80s early 90`s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pizzas? they had a green pizza base and and alsorts of Yucky toppings like Banana or apple with peperoni etc...

Truly Gross!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom