What do you "notice" about TV chefs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE bobby flays recipes, but I've noticed on throw down, that he really doesn't win that often...which is sort of sad.

I've noticed that Guy Fieri looks like he's tired of Diners Drive thrus and Dives and wants to pass the reins on to ME.

Giada...though I love her recipes....we get it...you have breasts. And yep, there they are...dipping into your egg wash. :)

It's too in your face. Rachel Ray is beautiful and you don't see her or Sandra Lee showing off their....assets. It's borderline vulgar as far as I am concerned and I am not even that uptight about showing a little skin, but when her boobs are in more shots than the food it's getting pretty ridiculous.

sandra lee is my fav. no chef, but fun, quick and inventive food.

actually the only one i won't watch at all is emeral. i think he is a phony.

actually since the news about the election seems to catch my eye, haven't watched very much of food tv lately.

also to many repeats. :chef:

You know what I noticed on a lot of the shows..........beautiful design set kitchens.......with gorgeous gleaming pots and pans and cheerful surroundings.....and then a spotless fridge.........perfectly cut up veggies..........and before and after shots........my kitchen last night looked like a disaster area and I was wasted from being on my feet all day making chicken marengo........I even asked my hubby to help me clean up I was so tired

Terrible grammar (do you need to plate UP something? Reduce it DOWN?) Yelling and screaming. I think the hollering is geared to younger men who really wish they were watching a football game. I do like the person hosting the show to be larger than the 2 qt saucepan she's standing behind.

My favorite these days is Ming. Interesting new applications to stuff that is in my pantry, no one yells at me, and some of the others that I like, but do not want to see for a half hour (or more) as guest chefs.

playing in the kitchen and making dinner yesterday I pretended I was making this dinner for someone who'd enjoy the odd flavors. I knew the person I had in mind.
at dinner, my husband asked what was in the meatballs, sauce, carrots and noodles. when I told him all included, he asked how or why I'd choose those ingreds.
I didn't know the answer and he said the name of the chef I was thinking of and that he'd approve. found it funny that we'd both think of the same guy who I'd love to cook for any day.

Well, Lefse.........did he like them? My hubby wouldn't have a clue as to where my inspiration came from just as long as I cooked hahaha...I think your hubby is something wonderfu if he could guess your inspirationl............

Well, Lefse.........did he like them? My hubby wouldn't have a clue as to where my inspiration came from just as long as I cooked hahaha...I think your hubby is something wonderfu if he could guess your inspirationl............
dinner was wonderful, really so good, full of flavor in all good ways. he totally approved. more on your profile page...

Way back up this this thread someone asked why the chefs chop off so much of the tomato before slicing or dicing and why they don't scrape everything from the bowl or pan when they are cooking. Time. Trying to be absolutely precise not to waste on a show would be like watching grass grow. I hope they figure correctly that we know how to scrape down a bowl. At least all this is my guess.

David, don't you you have any idea what ascorbic acid can do to a $75 nail job????........I eat anything and I mean anything that is cut off a tomato..........I can't wait until my d-i-l goes to work for that one week on the Rachel Ray show in Houston......hope they don't make her sign a confidentiality agreement and see what really goes on behind the scenes.........will let y'all know if she can .............

My current favorite is Jamie Oliver. He shows a passion for food and cooking second to none.

Back
Top Bottom