What does Santa get at your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
every Christmas eve a mince pie and a shot of Whiskey used to put outside for Santa, then we would go to bed and try and sleep.

Now things have changed a little as I have my Own child now, and so it`s a sausage or cheese roll and a shot of Vodka.

what do You guys do?

Boring, milk and cookies.....

However I've seen that when he gets here, he gets into my liqour cabinet and throws some Kahlua and vodka in it.......

I've started marking the bottles before bed.

wow, yt. no wonder he's so freakin' jolly and red faced. ol' nick gets his bag on over england, then he comes here.

we're going to do the milk and cookies for santa, which will be partially consumed for authenticity, and a special note of thanks from mr. kringle.

not to forget the reindeer, we also put out carrots.

hmm, for more realism, i'll soak some raisins and leave them in a pile by the carrots...;)

The kids and I used to make chocolate chip cookies on Christmas Eve. They would put out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots/celery for the reindeer.

Well, that explains why Santa rarely made it to our house as a kid, he was passed out somewhere over the middle of the US. LOLOLOL

LOL hey that was NOT me I was in NY until 1986 and he didn't start stealing my liqour until about '95!

I hope he leaves Santa a glass of wine this year. I don't remember leaving anything for Santa when I was a child, but, I'm old.:LOL:

Santa gets graham crackers and hot chocolate, the deer get carrots and I get to try and clean up the ash tracks from DH's big boot prints (Santa tracks) from the fireplace.

The tipple changed when I was little, sometimes a whiskey, probably that most often, sometimes a port, occasionally eggnog....but always a mince pie! And then the carrots...a bag full.....(there is more than one reindeer.) My parents had to draw the line when I said I wanted to leave sugar beets and a bale of hay too. :)

2 years ago, I discovered at the last minute that I had no cookies in the house to leave for Santa, along with the glass of milk. I told Fisher, who was 3 at the time, that we should leave Santa a piece of pie instead as a special treat. Fisher thought for a minute and then said "no, Santa needs to not eat too much pie because he has a big tummy like dad!" We all laughed and decided we should help Santa trim down so now, he gets an apple and a diet coke!

Around here old Santa, use to get cookies, milk, and the kids left carrots and celery for the reindeer..Of course dear old St. Nick also would raid the refrigerator, leaving the clean kitchen with assorted glasses,plates and utensils...Now, being the kids are grown, he just raids the refrigerator, before it's the middle of the night and gets it over with:LOL: and cleaned up!!!
Poor old duffer now has to make his own treats:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

When my boys were younger, we'd leave him oreos and milk (with ice in the milk, since we weren't sure when he'd arrive)

Last year I was getting out the Christmas stuff, and there was a note from "Santa" that I must've written 7 years ago. Besides the typical "Thank you for the cookies", it said things like "I see you have a new dog this year. She told me that she loves you very much, but please stop yanking on her tail".
It worked like a charm. :)

We do christmas cookies and milk and carrots for Rudolph. Sometimes we sprinkle birdseed on the ground for the reindeer to eat also. Santa always leaves just a few crumbs and sometimes a note.

When my boys were younger, we'd leave him oreos and milk (with ice in the milk, since we weren't sure when he'd arrive)

Last year I was getting out the Christmas stuff, and there was a note from "Santa" that I must've written 7 years ago. Besides the typical "Thank you for the cookies", it said things like "I see you have a new dog this year. She told me that she loves you very much, but please stop yanking on her tail".
It worked like a charm. :)
I love this, jkath! Santa definitely helps me out in the good behavior department this time of year, but I never thought of this angle. My mind is racing with the possibilities.:LOL: Thanks so much for posting this.

you bet!

(I remember my older boy, who was 8 at the time, questioning the validity, so I matter-of-factly told him "well, you don't think just anyone can talk to animals, now, do you?):rolleyes:

Looking back, I wish I'd had "Santa" tell them that he couldn't bring any more big toys unless they had a clean room!

I think Santa is going to not be able to bring anything else unless someone starts using the potty AT ALL TIMES!

Ah, suziquzie, you have a boy..... they are different animals than we are. But don't give up hope - I have 5 sons and they all use the potty every time now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom