What does TNT mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
What does TNT stand for?
On the cooking site, I mean. Not the bomb meaning.

Mel

Mel,
TNT means tried and true..We ask this when seeking a recipe that has been made before and often.

kadesma:)

well that`s taught me something also, I figured Tried-N-Tested, but True sounds better cos tested could mean it was awefull :)

I still think 2,4,6 trinitromethylbenzene sounds sexier though :P

YT2095 said:
well that`s taught me something also, I figured Tried-N-Tested, but True sounds better cos tested could mean it was awefull :)

I still think 2,4,6 trinitromethylbenzene sounds sexier though :P
Ah go on with ya:LOL:

kadesma:-p

Thanks everyone.

I think Kadesmas version makes the most sense, in this context.

So, if i have cooked something regularly, and I like it,should I put TNT before the name of it, when posting it, here?

Mel

Mel! said:
Thanks everyone.

I think Kadesmas version makes the most sense, in this context.

So, if i have cooked something regularly, and I like it,should I put TNT before the name of it, when posting it, here?

Mel
Yes Mel,
you can put tnt in front of a recipe that ou've made often and would recomend to others. You can also use it to ask for a tnt recipe.
kadesma:)

Hello Expatgirl

Just yesterday, I had to ask what LMAO means.
I am not very good at understanding acronyms. I used to work for a couple of computer companies. Some of those folk never speak, without puting at least 3 acronyms, in every sentence. By the time I figured one sentence out, they would be 2 sentences later.

Thanks Kadesma.

Mel

Our new Governor has told his "people" that they are to stop using acronyms . Seems that the public can't understand half of what they are saying ...surprise, surprise.

My interpretation of TNT (other than Turner Network Televison, LOL), for the purpose of posting recipes in this forum is:

The recipe posted is tried, with good results, in the poster's opinion, to share with other members - not copied and pasted from another site/source, or how often the recipe/dish has been made.

For the purpose of posting recipes/titles here, the shortcut "TNT" lets members know the recipe has been tried/made by same & probably tightens up the space - long title.

You raise a good question, as I have been confused about how to post the title of the recipe, i.e. TNT or REC (abbreviation for recipe).

Added thought: Since there are copyright laws posted here, perhaps we can do away with titled TNT & Rec?

Re submitted/shared Recipes - Can same be posted in recipe format - or posted in a general cooking chat. TIA

Last edited:
Mel! said:
Hello Expatgirl

Just yesterday, I had to ask what LMAO means.
I am not very good at understanding acronyms. I used to work for a couple of computer companies. Some of those folk never speak, without puting at least 3 acronyms, in every sentence. By the time I figured one sentence out, they would be 2 sentences later.

Thanks Kadesma.

Mel

i think that I finally figured that one out and confirmed it with my daughter in law-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we old folks are eventually going to get it. Keep them coming!!!!!!!

Mel! said:
I used to work for a couple of computer companies. Some of those folk never speak, without puting at least 3 acronyms, in every sentence.

Try working with/for the Navy. According to my source, the Navy is the original culprit for infliciting numerous acronyms on Americans. Something to do with the use of letter sets that could be transmitted economically over various electronic devices.

Hello Lyndalou

I would certainly be grateful, if there was some law preventing use of acrynoms. They really put me at a disadvantage. Otherwise, I may have to learn how to pretend I know what people are talking about. I try this, but then I blow it, by getting curious to really know, what they are talking about.

Mel

Hello Expatgirl

We dont really have to turn out like the old folks, do we?
I am hoping to apply heavy duty psychology, to prevent myself turning out like my Mother in Law.

Mel

Hello Mudbug

In the Navies case, it looks like at least there was a reason, for it.
I think others should be more selective, about the copy catting they do.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom