What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mary Maxim - Baby Afghans and Blankets to Knit or Crochet - Peaceful Pastels Baby Afghan Crochet Kit

That is beautiful, I wish I had the patience for that type of work...as it is, I just have patients.

If you every want to try something like this, this is the one, 2 strands of yarn, simple stitches and it goes FAST! Like I wrote before, after you've done a few rounds you don't even need the directions anymore. I'm not particularly fast at crochet, nothing like my grandmother who taught me was, and I can get one of these done in less than a week even working a full-time job.

Karen

Karen, I want to thank you for sending it so quickly; however, I have to ask if you could send it to me again. I am on two computers right now and it accidentally got deleted on one, and for some reason it didn't download to the other one. I will be more careful this time! Thanks!

Me too! Me too, please? I love a new pattern, and in all my crochet, I've never tried working with two yarns at once, but I'll try it with this one.

i'm thinking i am going to make myself a handbag. i found a pattern that recommends using waverly fabric. i always love those.

what is everyone else doing?
I'm in the midst of painting and jeweling t-shirts for Olivia Wheeeee
kades

I was in the middle of making shorts out of slacks for a friend, but got sidetracked when my new unassembled dresser arrived this morning. My back is now fried so I'll finish assembly tomorrow. I've got 3 of 4 drawers made, the rest is all set up with posts, screws, etc. I won't be able to finish the 4th drawer until I get a new front piece. It was drilled really crooked. They did, however, have a handy dandy form on the computer to have them send a replacement to me.

I do have a small project planned for later. I have to use an added cushion in my recliner, and the one that works is the wrong color. I noticed that the pillow sham that matches the quilted spread I used to cover the recliner will fit the cushion, if I just take out the flange.

I finished my friends shorts, and started making a pair of cutoffs for myself. I also finished taking out the seam in the pillow sham and now have a matching cushion for my recliner, instead of an eyesore color clash!

didn't make anything today. i just put an iron on appliqué on a blouse for five year old great granddaughter. the little mermaid as it is her favorite. i found the blouse on line at walmart. a princess cut. adorable. wished i had a skirt pattern.

I've been needing an excuse to get away from the computer more, and with desperately trying to lose weight, I HAVE to stay out of the kitchen!!! I enjoy reading, but steroid therapy has screwed up my blood sugar, which causes very minor vision blurring, even with bi-focals, and it's enough to make my eyes tired when reading for more than just a few minutes. (What a bother this medical stuff is!!!)

I've decided to make my own Christmas cards this year, and use an individually hand painted water color with pen and ink illustration on heavy water color paper with a rough (torn) edge, glued to the front of each card. I'll also do my own calligraphy on the inside. This is going to take some time to get back into practice with water colors. It's been more than a couple of decades since I put brush to paper, so I'm starting now. I figure a dozen customized and individually illustrated cards are going to take a while to assemble. I want enough time to not only practice, but to make mistakes and start over without having to panic as the holidays draw near.

Last edited:
I've been needing an excuse to get away from the computer more, and with desperately trying to lose weight, I HAVE to stay out of the kitchen!!! I enjoy reading, but steroid therapy has screwed up my blood sugar, which causes very minor vision blurring, even with bi-focals, and it's enough to make my eyes tired when reading for more than just a few minutes. (What a bother this medical stuff is!!!)

I've decided to make my own Christmas cards this year, and use an individually hand painted water color with pen and ink illustration on heavy water color paper with a rough (torn) edge, glued to the front of each card. I'll also do my own calligraphy on the inside. This is going to take some time to get back into practice with water colors. It's been more than a couple of decades since I put brush to paper, so I'm starting now. I figure a dozen customized and individually illustrated cards are going to take a while to assemble. I want enough time to not only practice, but to make mistakes and start over without having to panic as the holidays draw near.

They sound beautiful, Selkie!

Last week I made a sun dress for my granddaughter. I have stocked up on cotton fabric for several additional ones. I also have plans to make some children's aprons and some cloth shoe/booties. Just have to find the time!

Last edited:
I've spent the day re-purposing a number of household items while assembling a portable water color paint station. If I had lots of money, I could have bought an art table, side-boy cabinet, table top easel, and half a dozen other items in order to make a professional work environment for painting and crafts. Instead, I've kept the word "re-purpose" in mind and have exceeded my own expectations for utility and comfort.

A computer printer table with casters, storage and drop leaf is now my work table. The casters were horrible on heavy carpet, so I did spend a little at the hardware store and replaced them with larger swivel wheels to make rolling into another room much easier. A wire basket, also on wheels, now serves as a side-boy, holding an old, open top plastic tool carrier with center handle. It holds my tubes of paint, tape, ink and miscellaneous supplies. A ginger jar with missing lid now serves in holding paint brushes. An adjustable wooden copyboard, made for me by a cabinetmaker friend many years ago was collecting dust. It now holds a picture framed glass as a work surface for taping down the water color paper. An old desk lamp stored on a closet shelf is seeing new life. In all, I've assembled a very satisfactory portable art studio with a minimum of money, and only a modest amount of cleaning effort.

Tomorrow morning I begin practicing sketching and drawing.

Your creative organizing gives a poke to us procrastinators, who need to take a look around the house. Inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom