What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm impressed too by your resourcefulness, not to mention the fact that you can actually paint.

have some adorable fabric, will try to get two dresses out of it for great granddaughters. need another piece for trim, am going tues to joanns. was inspired by a children's clothing site. adorable combinations of patterns. they want 35 dollars each. not happening. one pattern i have is a dead ringer for one they show. looking forward to making my own fashion.

babetoo said:
have some adorable fabric, will try to get two dresses out of it for great granddaughters. need another piece for trim, am going tues to joanns. was inspired by a children's clothing site. adorable combinations of patterns. they want 35 dollars each. not happening. one pattern i have is a dead ringer for one they show. looking forward to making my own fashion.

What children's clothing site was your inspiration from? I could use some inspiration too!

somebunny, it is called zulily.com one of my babies is named lilly. a cutie putie. guess i should have said fabric patterns together. one of the ones i liked i have a simplicity #3511 , view c. it is another view of the easter dress. let me know how you like the site.

got my cherry fabric for the contrast with mary englebreck fabric i already have. that is not spelled right, i know. got everything together so i can start tomorrow. decided to use yoyos on them some where. i found a little yoyo maker i bought some time ago. makes them super easy and uniform. trolled on line and found some buttons shaped like cherries. can't wait to have them done.

surely i am not the only one that has a project. where are all the crafters?

Ya got me. Selkie has one too. I've been feeling guilty after reading your posts, and had finally decided on new coasters, this time daisies. I promise I'll grab the yarn and hook as soon as I finish reading the new posts.

lol, got my cherry buttons today. fastest thing i ever ordered. only took one day. will look cute on dresses. got to get going on it tomorrow. stuff came up yesterday and todays. the best laid plans and all that jazz.

I'm stitching away on my petit point, just haven't felt like taking any pictures. Getting closer and closer to being done.

Oh, heavens. I'm a bead jewelry maker who hasn't opened my bead chest since before Christmas. I always put them away for the holidays because I throw a big party and they're way too attractive to little hands and mouths. Then a few months ago we got a new doggie, and she can leap 5'. There's no way I'd be able to work with them unless I set up a work station in the dining room, where, I might add, i don't have air conditioning. I used to use a tv type table and worked when my husband was watching TV. I could pay half attention to the show while making something. In the dining room? Don't know how that will work. And it'd be interesting to see how Rosebud would take it, because she's great at sitting under the dining room table when we eat.

I finally picked up my crochet again. this time I'm making more coasters for beverages and potted plants, but have changed my colors from sunflowers with dark brown centers and yellow petals, to more like daisies, yellow centers with white petals. I'm almost done with the third one, this one with a yellow center and green leaves around the outside.

We're going to the 50th wedding anniversary party on Sunday for Glenn's best friends. They are fantastic people and barrels of fun. As soon as I met them, I fell in love with both of them. They're fun and funny and good, solid friends. The best of the best.

I got a nutty idea in my head last week that I wanted to make a little something to give them as a remembrance of the occasion, soooo....

I bought some white silk carnations, some gold glitter, a couple of candles (a "5" and an "0") and rummaged around in my stash of crafting goodies and came up with some large Chinet dinner plates and a glass candle holder I got at a yard sale eons ago.

So what do you come up with with these items. You come up with this:

First, the "cake" -

Second, the "pedestal" or cake stand -

And, finally, the finished product -

I had a blast making it and, best of all, no calories!

Attachments

• Carnation cake.jpg
    Carnation cake.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Paper cake pedestal.jpg
    Paper cake pedestal.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Carnation cake on pedestal.jpg
    Carnation cake on pedestal.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 142
Really nice, Katie. I love how realistic the fake flowers are today. I'm sure they'll love it.

I agree and these just came from the dollar store. Silk flowers have come a long, long way in recent years.

That is so true. It used to cost a fortune for realism, but I recently bought a bouquet with mixed flowers for $5. The yellow roses made you want to smell them they look so real.

i spent way to much time making yoyos this afternoon. will use on kids dresses i am making. decided that i will zigzag the edges of the circles. i don't like the way the raw edge looks. also am afraid it would fray when washed. my little yoyo gadget worked great once i mastered it. have to say i really enjoy messing with crafts.

Back
Top Bottom