What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS4322 said:
I'm trying to figure out what happened to Myrtle's coat...went out to feed them, and she is sans mantle...and I can't find it!

Oh where oh where has the little coat gone? Oh where oh where can it be??
I hope it has not put in a fowl mood! LOL!
I hope you find it soon. She really did look nice in it!

<whispers> Hey, Crow...want a coat? What do you have in exchange?

That's it! I am out of here. You have all lost it. But before I go, I am going to notify the authorities to keep an eye on all of you.

walking away mumble...mumble...mumble... now they have me talking to myself. :ohmy:

Yoyo kinis

tinlizzie, no, yoyos are made with small circles of fabric. basically it is gathering the circle and pulling in gathers. forms a little rosette . goggle how to make and it shows pictures as well as method . they are used for decorations on fabric, on purses, quilts, decorative pillows, etc. used to be very very popular.
A friend of mine fashioned a bikini swimsuit and hair scrunchie for her little niece. I thought that was very creative.

i have used yo yos to decorate a child's dress. i sewed a button as the center of them. easy to make. used contrasting fabric and was really cute. i got a lot done on my scarf.

Oh My! My bird Spike wants one!!

Ha! A bird named Spike! I had a very close friend named Spike. He was a hard drinking, long haired biker guy with tats covering most of him. (Another lifetime). I once hung with that crowd. Great bunch of people. With only a very few exceptions, every biker I've ever known had a heart of gold and would try to help anyone in trouble.

The movies made "Bikers" into bad guys. An unearned title anywhere I've been. I've owned 13 bikes. Each of them, (except the last three), met an awful death due to box drivers hitting them. Now I'm a box driver. Ain't life cool?

Ahem... Back on topic, I finally finished shortening the last pair of pants. I think I've figured out my tension. All the pants were either thin dress pants, or heavy corduroy. The change in thickness was drastic, so now I know to loosen for thin fabrics and tighten for thick. I know it sounds backwards, but that's what worked.

I'm going to work on my blouse tomorrow, and tell my friend not to be getting me more work. I really don't want to do it, I don't need the stress or pressure either.

Ahem... Back on topic, I finally finished shortening the last pair of pants. I think I've figured out my tension. All the pants were either thin dress pants, or heavy corduroy. The change in thickness was drastic, so now I know to loosen for thin fabrics and tighten for thick. I know it sounds backwards, but that's what worked.

I'm going to work on my blouse tomorrow, and tell my friend not to be getting me more work. I really don't want to do it, I don't need the stress or pressure either.
This is why I love my Husqvarna. All I have to do is select the fabric type, stitch type and it adjusts the tension automatically, tells me which needle and which foot to use. And, it beeps when the bobbin thread is almost empty so I never run out of bobbin thread when sewing. I love that machine...just wish I spent more time sewing. It's like having a KA stand mixer with all the attachments in the sewing room.

Started two new projects as Christmas gifts for family next year. Last night I began this swing jacket for Glenn's son's wife, Dana. I'm making it in lipstick red, which is her favorite color. It will look great on her because she has the most exquisite, creamy skin and long dark hair. In short, she's gorgeous and has a figure to match.

I'm already halfway done with the back and about to run out of yarn. Won't be able to get any more until next Wednesday. Boo, hoo!

That means I'll have to devote my efforts to the afghan I began for Glenn's mother, which I started on Tuesday. It's going well and I should have plenty of yarn to keep me busy until I shop for the yarn I need for the jacket.

If I run out of yarn for the afghan, I have a wall hanging I can stitch on. I always have something in the works, if for no other reason but to stay busy. I love all forms of needlework and pursuing any of them is relaxing to me.

I've been working on my roll-off roof observatory (and man cave)...:D

Attachments

• P1060365.jpg
    P1060365.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
all of my projects, except the scarf. are still in the planing stage. yesterday decided to paint one wall in my living room, instead of using wallpaper. yellow is the choice. trying to bring yellow into the mix to brighten up the white furniture and blue stuff. ordering new couch cover, in blue. then will make assorted pillows in different prints of yellow. curtains in kitchen, will be on same color line. can see dining room from kitchen. lots of blue. i love blue, just tired of so much of it. worked on scarf yesterday for about an hour. should finish quickly.

This year I made up large gift bags of hand made soaps, Bars, liquids, and my own specially blended wax for container candles. Added soap dispensers and a few beautifully hand crafted ceramic soap dishes. They were some gorgeous looking bags. Wish now I had taken pictures of them. People had been asking when I'm getting back to work they missed my stuff. I work when it suits me now. So when they finally do get them. It's a Dog eat dog world out there. Sheesh...It's bordering criminal.

Yesterday I got a phone call from one of the recipients.
He was absolutely upset that someone had grabbed his bag of goods! It was an honest mistake that's going to be corrected. The person who did it is sorry. He made them sorry! LOL!

I did fix another bag up for him and had it sent over.
Boy people wait forever to get the handmade stuff, when it disappears they certainly do get testy about it.

Munky.

That's a lovely idea! Be sure to take a picture of the replacement bag!

I am a weaver. I have used that type of "tool" in all different sizes. It is very easy to use. It is also easy to make--you just cut a circle of wood, tap in finishing nails, and you've got it.

That's what I was thinking.

I would call it more a type of knitting.

It's the first handicraft most Danish kids learn. For kids, it's made with finishing nails on an empty, wooden spool from thread. Makes great ties/belts for other knitted stuff.

I have never seen a big one like that. I like the idea.

There is a Japanese technique for making cords that uses a similar tool. I took a workshop on it once, but darned if I can remember what the "art" is called. I seem to recall making potholders using a square version of this when I was in Campfire girls...

I started the plastic canvas "Home Sweet Home". I've already got the words done and am starting to fill in around the letters' stitches.

I decided to just have a blank cream colored field around the letters, to keep it simpler when I work the multicolored pattern around the sides.

At 7 stitches per inch, it's filling up fast. I had to double up the yarn for better coverage.

There is a Japanese technique for making cords that uses a similar tool. I took a workshop on it once, but darned if I can remember what the "art" is called. I seem to recall making potholders using a square version of this when I was in Campfire girls...

Cord, that's the word I was looking for.

It's easy. Just start to wrap the yarn around the outside of the nails, above the existing loops. Using a crochet hook, pull the loop up, over the yarn and the top of the nail, then drop it down the middle. Hmm, now I'm trying to remember how you "cast on". I think you just wind the yarn around the outside of the nails twice, with loose end of the yarn down the middle of the spool and then start as I described above. Not sure though.

i cover crystal light cannisters with either fabric or decorative paper to be used as pencil and pen holders. have six standing by. my great granddaughter wants one, and my daughter wants one for her dog grooming business. guess i better get busy. need a couple for myself. two are really getting ragged. they were done with stationary paper. need some fabric bought, all mine is in kids patterns.

I finished the center of the Home Sweet Home piece, with the surrounding cream color and am ready to work out the zigzag color pattern for the frame. I'll play with it on graph paper until I get it the way I want, then start.

I really like working on the 7/" plastic canvas. It works up so quickly, and I'll be able to attach it to the wall with velcro.

Back
Top Bottom