What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the picture is just lovely. would you come to my house and do a mural on one wall? then i can say , oh i knew her when.

cut out my kitchen curtains today. or rather i ripped the fabric. i find i get a truer line than if i cut it. i have to admit i hate the measuring part. got another piece of fabric, to recover the seat of a white glider that is in my living room. so many projects so little time.

Just finished this for my niece. She wanted it to be partially unfinished. Extra fine tip Sharpie on thick card stock.

View attachment 13187

That's a stunning picture. It's amazing what can be done with a sharpie. Do you do Calligraphy to?

I've taken that up in my spare time. What a lost art form.What is my problem with the G ?

I remember receiving letters where people actually wrote it. Today's kids just don't have or feel the need to pick up a pen and write. Most can't do it. In my day, ( sounds old to say it like that ) We had to have perfect penmanship or fail that class. I was always busted for doodling.. " Munky!.. Detention!.. see me after class." I tried to explain it's art. That didn't fly with my english teacher.. Ahh well I tried. :stuart:

Munky.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
Just finished this for my niece. She wanted it to be partially unfinished. Extra fine tip Sharpie on thick card stock.

Lovely, Pag!

Still working on this February blahs quilt....got a tiny black border around main design. More to go..... don't really know what I'm doing, just learning as I go...

DiQuiltBord.JPG

Last edited:
Soma said:
Still working on this February blahs quilt....got a tiny black border around main design. More to go..... don't really know what I'm doing, just learning as I go...

That is cool, Soma! Great job!

Chef Munky said:
That's a stunning picture. It's amazing what can be done with a sharpie. Do you do Calligraphy to?

I've taken that up in my spare time. What a lost art form.What is my problem with the G ?

I remember receiving letters where people actually wrote it. Today's kids just don't have or feel the need to pick up a pen and write. Most can't do it. In my day, ( sounds old to say it like that ) We had to have perfect penmanship or fail that class. I was always busted for doodling.. " Munky!.. Detention!.. see me after class." I tried to explain it's art. That didn't fly with my english teacher.. Ahh well I tried. :stuart:

Munky.

I haven't had caligraphy pens and ink since high school. They are on my list of supplies I'd like to get.

finished the kitchen café curtains. yesterday when i put them up, found the upper ruffle is to long. throws everything off. so tomorrow down it comes and will put in a deep hem. won't take long, just annoying. want to get started on covering the chair pad. patience is not one of my virtues.

You've been busy, Soma! It's gorgeous. Congratulations and pat on the back for your determination. I'd be proud too!

Beautiful, Soma. You should come to Paducah, KY for the annual quilter's convention. It's at the end of this month. Waves of people from all over the world come for it. It's quite an event and the quilts, well...breathtaking would be barely describing many of them.

As for me, today I finished making two silk flower arrangements. One for the entry table near the front door. The other for the dining room table.

I change the arrangements about 4 times of the year to coincide with the seasons. These turned out really nice.

Started on an idea I have for an arrangement for one of the guest bedrooms. The design hasn't bubbled to the top of my mind yet, but it's beginning to shape up.

I also need to come up with a nice arrangement for Glenn's mother who has just moved to an assisted living apartment. She could use some softness and color in her decor. I know how I want to begin, just haven't formulated what flowers I want to use. Hers will be displayed year 'round, so I need to create something universal.

Her birthday's the end of this month and I want to have it done to give it to her for that occasion.

Beautiful, Soma. You should come to Paducah, KY for the annual quilter's convention. It's at the end of this month. Waves of people from all over the world come for it. It's quite an event and the quilts, well...breathtaking would be barely describing many of them.

As for me, today I finished making two silk flower arrangements. One for the entry table near the front door. The other for the dining room table.

I change the arrangements about 4 times of the year to coincide with the seasons. These turned out really nice.

Started on an idea I have for an arrangement for one of the guest bedrooms. The design hasn't bubbled to the top of my mind yet, but it's beginning to shape up.

I also need to come up with a nice arrangement for Glenn's mother who has just moved to an assisted living apartment. She could use some softness and color in her decor. I know how I want to begin, just haven't formulated what flowers I want to use. Hers will be displayed year 'round, so I need to create something universal.

Her birthday's the end of this month and I want to have it done to give it to her for that occasion.

I would love to see some pix of those flowers.

Thank you, taxlady. I'll photograph them tomorrow and try to post them.

I really enjoy designing and making floral arrangements and it's nice, now, since I've retired. I can make them for myself instead of for my clients. I'm a retired interior designer and am really enjoying doing things without deadlines or having to cater to (sometimes) stubborn clients.

I've spent the last nearly 3 years decorating our home and I have barely made a dent, but that's because I'm going slowly and doing it all myself. The window treatments are taking the longest because the arthritis in my hands makes some of the tasks difficult. But...I'll get there.

These are for you, taxlady. You were so kind to ask. The first is by the back door for Easter, next same for front door, then last year's spring arrangement for the entryway table, fourth is this year's spring arrangement for the same table, fifth is the arrangement that sits on the vanity of the front bath and, finally, an arrangement that is on the sill of the master bath. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Back Door - Easter 2012.jpg
    Back Door - Easter 2012.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Front Door - Easter 2012.jpg
    Front Door - Easter 2012.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Entry table - Spring 2011.jpg
    Entry table - Spring 2011.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Entry table - Spring 2012.jpg
    Entry table - Spring 2012.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Front Bath - Vanity.jpg
    Front Bath - Vanity.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Master Bath - Window.jpg
    Master Bath - Window.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 145
Katie H said:
These are for you, taxlady. You were so kind to ask. The first is by the back door for Easter, next same for front door, then last year's spring arrangement for the entryway table, fourth is this year's spring arrangement for the same table, fifth is the arrangement that sits on the vanity of the front bath and, finally, an arrangement that is on the sill of the master bath. Enjoy.

Those are beautiful. I especially like the Easter arrangements and the arrangement for the front bath.

I have started painting. I am using small 5x7 canvases and acrylic paints and brushes I buy at the Dollar Store. I have never done this before, and have no idea what I am doing, but it is fun.

Attachments

• DSC00498.jpg
    DSC00498.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00497.jpg
    DSC00497.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Those are beautiful. I especially like the Easter arrangements and the arrangement for the front bath.

Thanks, pag. I love playing with flowers. The front bath arrangement has a bit of a history as it is made from a large portion of the flowers that were in an arrangement that the mods/staff sent me when Buck died. That (huge) arrangement was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and I saved all the salvageable parts of it as a keepsake. Then, one day, I was rummaging around looking for something pretty to put in that (in the pic) container, I came across the pieces I'd saved. It was as if they were meant to go together.

I always have something in the back and front door areas and especially make them fun during holidays for the grandchildren.

Just gorgeous, Janet!

Rock you've been hiding quite a talent. Keep it up, you have a great sense of proportion and color.

Back
Top Bottom