What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I have this thing for drawing trees. They're relatively quick and easy to draw so they're good doodle material when I'm bored. I also have a couple "paint" apps on my phone. So combine various times when I've been bored and only had my phone for amusement and my love of doodling trees and you get these.

I am going to attempt to paint some spruce trees over the next couple of days. I am painting a picture of my brothers cabin for fun. I have never done it before. I have checked out a few demonstrations on youtube.

My kids spoiled me rotten on my B-day. I've been enjoying learning Calligraphy. Watching you tube videos on some demonstrations was just a tease. Not enough info. So the guys set me up good. I home schooled my kids. Though I didn't use this particular book (Spencerian Penmanship) when I was teaching them cursive writing I'm glad I had it with the Eclectric Reader Sets. Yes it's an oldy but goodie collection. The Penmanship book is the revised edition. It doesn't include the full Capital letter section, but it's still been extremely useful.

So they picked out a few books that I wanted. A beautiful Quill pen set, Inks & paper. One book in particular the images on Amazon doesn't do it any justice. It's a stunner Amazon.com: Ornate Pictorial Calligraphy: Instructions and Over 150 Examples (Lettering, Calligraphy, Typography) (9780486219578): E. A. Lupfer: Books

The Nibs are calling.. Time to get back to practicing. :LOL:

did my favorite thing yesterday shopping. knick knack for my new living room look. the yellow wall is just stunning, i finished new seat and pillow cover for small glider. finished the kitchen curtains.

so i bought two wall hanging for the living room . one is metal and quite striking., the picture is on canvas, lots of lovely yellows, reds, and the back ground is dark blue. should really look good on yellow wall. pretty new candles. and a great yellow and orangey glass piece. now just need to do something new on the bench i have and i will be a happy camper.

Opinions On This Sewing Machine?

I've been looking on Amazon for an easy to use machine. Can you believe I'm even thinking about buying one in the first place? :LOL:
See what you guys have started? Happy now? :ROFLMAO:

This is the one I'm leaning towards. Amazon.com: Brother CS6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

They do have 2 others a 25 stitch & a 10 stitch. I don't want to pay more than $150-200.00 limit. Is this one alright or should I be looking at the Singers? The 10-25 seems a little limited. I don't plan on keeping things minimal. This one seems idiot proof. Right up my alley.:LOL:

I need a machine that can handle Khaki, Denim, Satin, Polyester materials.

Thank you

Munky.

I've been looking on Amazon for an easy to use machine. Can you believe I'm even thinking about buying one in the first place? :LOL:
See what you guys have started? Happy now? :ROFLMAO:

This is the one I'm leaning towards. Amazon.com: Brother CS6000i Sew Advance Sew Affordable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

They do have 2 others a 25 stitch & a 10 stitch. I don't want to pay more than $150-200.00 limit. Is this one alright or should I be looking at the Singers? The 10-25 seems a little limited. I don't plan on keeping things minimal. This one seems idiot proof. Right up my alley.:LOL:

I need a machine that can handle Khaki, Denim, Satin, Polyester materials.

Thank you

Munky.

Very nice, if you like that kind of thing...:LOL: I've been trying to get rid of mine.

Very nice, if you like that kind of thing...:LOL: I've been trying to get rid of mine.

Send it on over.. :LOL:

I'm working on refurnishing a sewing cabinet. It was my MIL's. My SIL's are NOT to know that I have it. I rescued it, technically it's mine.

Yesterday I had stripped it down. Removed the top. It had been in storage in my MIL's garage and had some water damage that left the tops on both sides warped and moldy. Underneath the tops is a corkboard/ pressed wood? That will be replaced with paneling. It's been sanded down, rough edges smoothed out. Just waiting to be re stained a different color. The drawers will be done and sanded today.

This cabinet is an oldy. I've only been able to find one picture of it. Made in the 1960's. It's a Sears and Roebuck Tri Fold Sewing Cabinet. The sewing machinge mounts on the inside, you fold it down and close the lid when it's not in use.

The problem I'm having now is 1, What is that box for that's mounted on the inside with some kind of connecting cord for? It also has some kind of metal lever that's attached to it.The original machine and bench are gone. Who knows where or who has them.

Here's the pic. What you see is what you get. No way to enlarge it. I've got the part # for the table.
That box really has me stumped. Wondering if it really needs to kept or tossed. I'm modifying the table for my machine. People who have favorited ON SALE Sears-Roebuck Trifold Sewing Cabinet by swampfoxvintageco - Etsy

If anyone knows. Would you please let me know.
Thank you.

Munky.

I did use the machine to hew Shrek's denim work pants. Sewed some flannel to make a cushion for the kat karrier. Then I lost interest again and don't plan on sewing again.

Nice sewing table, though! Be really nice if you get it set up for your machine. I think the box was for the motor for the machine that came with it. For the machine to swing down, they made a compartment for the motor so the machine was not too heavy. Back in the days when they were made of cast metal, not plastic.

That metal thing that is hanging down is the knee pressure that makes the machine run. You use your knee instead of a foot pedal. The wire is what connects the knee pressure to the motor. Google Kenmore sewing machine. They may have the instruction booklet. Or call the nearest Sears parts store. They could help you. :)

I did use the machine to hew Shrek's denim work pants. Sewed some flannel to make a cushion for the kat karrier. Then I lost interest again and don't plan on sewing again.

Nice sewing table, though! Be really nice if you get it set up for your machine. I think the box was for the motor for the machine that came with it. For the machine to swing down, they made a compartment for the motor so the machine was not too heavy. Back in the days when they were made of cast metal, not plastic.

I haven't bought that machine yet. Probably tonight.
My husband did say his Mother did have the old Singer Machine. It was black cast metal.

The one I'm looking at is light. It's mounting it that might be an issue. If I need to keep that part I will.
I just don't trust it though. It's been exposed to moisture. Planning on keeping it's vintage handles. Those are sharp looking, you don't see them often. Most cabinets are painted over... I'm planning on restoring it to it's original state as possible.

Munky.

That metal thing that is hanging down is the knee pressure that makes the machine run. You use your knee instead of a foot pedal. The wire is what connects the knee pressure to the motor. Google Kenmore sewing machine. They may have the instruction booklet. Or call the nearest Sears parts store. They could help you. :)

Unfortunately our Sears has closed down.
I'll get some pics up later today to show that box. Cabinets stage now. They are all connected together.. HUH? :ohmy:

Thank you

Munky.

You were right Addie... Go ahead and say it. " Told ya so Munk"! :LOL: It said " Mercury Electric MFG CORP 801 KNEE"
Just didn't see it at the time. Any closer and it could have bit me. :ohmy:

Here's some pics, just finished sanding down the drawers.
Mind ya, it's not even close to being finished. It's kinda shy all nekkid like that. :angel:

img_1133410_0_390de80c16d07b6a6a7d23453e999e02.jpg

img_1133410_1_bf8ff91776b09921852d6c80541d57c6.jpg

Munky.

You were right Addie... Go ahead and say it. " Told ya so Munk"! :LOL: It said " Mercury Electric MFG CORP 801 KNEE"
Just didn't see it at the time. Any closer and it could have bit me. :ohmy:

Here's some pics, just finished sanding down the drawers.
Mind ya, it's not even close to being finished. It's kinda shy all nekkid like that. :angel: Munky.

Looks great so far! What finish, Walnut or Cherry?

Looks great so far! What finish, Walnut or Cherry?

Thankies, it's been some work.
Probably Walnut.. It's going in my room. All the furniture is dark. Might look pretty good with the cream carpeting. It's not going to be painted that's for sure.. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom