"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #281
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I found the shower curtains and decided I liked them better than the regular curtains I had been looking at...we are now the proud owners of an afghan hook...
Now you'll have to get some yarn...

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #282
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Now you'll have to get some yarn...
I only got it so Shrek can thread his sweat strings...I don't crochet.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #283
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I know, just teasing. Princess.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #284
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I know, just teasing. Princess.
If you got an IV you need started...I'm your girl!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #285
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

*ducking and running*

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #286
Chef Extraordinaire

found on line instructions that look easy for making fabric flowers. i will give it a try. would be adorable on dresses for the girls. they came last night to get the ones i just finished. they , even the two year old, liked them. aubrey went into a swirling mode and lilly followed. got pictures. it was late so granddaughter will show me how to load another day. it is so nice when they appreciate what i have made.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #287
Head Chef

Rocklobster's Django Reinhardt clip

Well, shut my mouth and call me Popeye! That is a Wow clip.

No. 1 - have heard his name for years; didn't know it started with a "D". Now I do. Thanks for that.

No. 2 - his technical ability is just jaw-dropping. Ditto the percussion man. Put them all together and it's eye-popping, ear-pleasing.

It looks as though they're having a blast - hope you do too at your gigs.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #288
Certified Cake Maniac

I have been following this thread all along but haven't been posting because I haven't completed anything and am frustrated about that. Two babies are six months now and their afghans are still unfinished. Another was born today so I am planning to finish the first one as I already bought them another present.

I have been to three member's only sales at my fabric store in the last month picking up great bargains to make more saddle bags for my Dad's wheel chair (with the hopes of using them as prototypes for sale), pajama style pants for him to wear around the ward and when he gets home - he has some but they are dark and winter weight, and some new clothes for me.

I schedule sewing time but never seem to get to it, but I am hoping this weekend will be productive. I can't wait to get to the pile and actually finish (who am I kidding, START) something.

You are all great inspirations for me so hopefully I will have something to show off soon!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #289
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have been following this thread all along but haven't been posting because I haven't completed anything and am frustrated about that. Two babies are six months now and their afghans are still unfinished. Another was born today so I am planning to finish the first one as I already bought them another present.

I have been to three member's only sales at my fabric store in the last month picking up great bargains to make more saddle bags for my Dad's wheel chair (with the hopes of using them as prototypes for sale), pajama style pants for him to wear around the ward and when he gets home - he has some but they are dark and winter weight, and some new clothes for me.

I schedule sewing time but never seem to get to it, but I am hoping this weekend will be productive. I can't wait to get to the pile and actually finish (who am I kidding, START) something.

You are all great inspirations for me so hopefully I will have something to show off soon!
Here's what I do:

Pick up the top item in the pile. Put it where you can't miss it right out in the open like a table top you like to keep clean. Don't put it back unstarted. If you have to move it, move it somewhere else you can see it, preferably where it will annoy you. I call this the "nag" factor. It works for me.

Put your pile of new fabrics in the middle of the table where you can admire them as you pass by. If you start with the pants for Dad, make several while you are at it.

When you're done with them, take something from the pile for your next project. You'll be full of ambition after completing something else.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #290
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Here's what I do:

Pick up the top item in the pile. Put it where you can't miss it right out in the open like a table top you like to keep clean. Don't put it back unstarted. If you have to move it, move it somewhere else you can see it, preferably where it will annoy you. I call this the "nag" factor. It works for me.
Thanks, Z. Unfortunately that isn't the problem (well, it will work for the afghan as I will just put it in my comfy chair - I want to get comfy, I have to crochet!).

I am not sleeping at night so I sleep in the mornings, then have to rush to see Dad from 11 - 1, do any shopping, errands, etc. Then I get home in time to put Dad's clothes in the washer, put stuff away and get supper. DH gets home, we eat at 6, chat and then it is 7 and I am cleaning up, making lunches and his breakfast and boom the time is all gone and I am too tired to sew. I was going to take today but now I have been up most of the night with my asthma again.....

But maybe I will put the first piece of material and pattern on Dad's placemat at the table. It won't get dirty there, but will be right in my face! You are right, this might help, as long as I can stay awake.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote