"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #531
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe
So, I have this thing for drawing trees. They're relatively quick and easy to draw so they're good doodle material when I'm bored. I also have a couple "paint" apps on my phone. So combine various times when I've been bored and only had my phone for amusement and my love of doodling trees and you get these.

They're just quick, doodley sketchy things but they serve to illustrate my obssesion.
Very cool, Pag!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #532
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver

Very cool, Pag!
Thanks!

Here are some of the various "brushes" availavle in the programs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120405_225437.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	13425

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120405_225446.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	13426

The programs actually give you some cool stuff to work with. You just have to be willing to let go of a certain amount of control and not be overly worried about precission. A lot of the brushes have some sort of randomness to them that you have to work with. It keeps things interesting and I find it a fun little challange to figure out how to maipulate that randomness to my advantage.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #533
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe

Thanks!

Here are some of the various "brushes" availavle in the programs.

The programs actually give you some cool stuff to work with. You just have to be willing to let go of a certain amount of control and not be overly worried about precission. A lot of the brushes have some sort of randomness to them that you have to work with. It keeps things interesting and I find it a fun little challange to figure out how to maipulate that randomness to my advantage.
I have several drawing apps for iPad, you are inspiring me!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #534
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
So, I have this thing for drawing trees. They're relatively quick and easy to draw so they're good doodle material when I'm bored. I also have a couple "paint" apps on my phone. So combine various times when I've been bored and only had my phone for amusement and my love of doodling trees and you get these.

They're just quick, doodley sketchy things but they serve to illustrate my obssesion.
Very nice, PAG! I love them!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #535
Executive Chef

Thanks PF.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #536
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I had my eye on a pretty set of sheet for a while. Today while at Walmart I found one set of these sheets on the clearance table. For $13 I got a set of double sheets and pillow cases that match my color scheme.

I'll be making a set of cafe curtains to cover the lower part of my picture window. All I need now will be a tension rod to fit. Plus, I'll have plenty of that pretty fabric left over to play with.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #537
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I don't know. I feel like a kid in a toy store. We learned a few days ago that there'll be a second grandchild born into our family this year and I'm almost getting the shakes trying to figure out what and how many things to make for our new arrivals.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #538
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I had my eye on a pretty set of sheet for a while. Today while at Walmart I found one set of these sheets on the clearance table. For $13 I got a set of double sheets and pillow cases that match my color scheme.

I'll be making a set of cafe curtains to cover the lower part of my picture window. All I need now will be a tension rod to fit. Plus, I'll have plenty of that pretty fabric left over to play with.
I love making curtains out of bed sheets. It's so much cheaper than buying curtains ready made. I bought lace panels once and tacked them to lavender twin sheets, they were so nice in the guest room/office I had.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #539
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sheets are so pretty and cheap too!

Walmart recently re-introduced a fabric department. Extremely expensive, very little selection. Ackkkkk!

I miss the old fabric departments where they used to have sports teams cotton available.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #540
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I don't know. I feel like a kid in a toy store. We learned a few days ago that there'll be a second grandchild born into our family this year and I'm almost getting the shakes trying to figure out what and how many things to make for our new arrivals.
Just remember Katie H not to work those fingers into pain. It can take the joy out of the making.