What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TinLizzie, that is beautiful! I love stone work.

Thanks, Kathleen. Wish I could go back and see it again, but the developer we sold the place to bulldozed everything, house and all, and drained the pond. :( I've looked at the address on Google and there's nothing but a pile of gravel left - no new housing tract. I suppose he lost his shirt on the deal because of the downturn just at that time.

Liz

Wow, MedTrans! How beautiful. I've always loved the look of needlepoint, especially petit point.

Unfortunately, I can't see well enough to do it myself. Congrats on your determination, and thanks so much for the pix!

Last edited:
yesterday, made small decorative pillow for granddaughter's sister. made from retro t-shirt. cute. bought material to cover pillow for my rocking chair. need to go back. gonna make a pad for top of hand me down small bookcase. cats decided to sleep there. they are side by side , the pillow and pad, i mean. so i need more fabric. and still have those blooming pants to hem.

Babetoo, this is Mom speaking. You may not buy any more fabric until you get all of those blasted pants hemmed. ;)

It took me a while but I finally got pictures of my needlework.

Medtran, that is so beautiful. My Mom did petite pointe and I have some of her work but it is packed away. If I find it soon I will post pictures. She would have loved your work.

Tinlizzie, your rock work is incredible! Thank you for sharing!

I am still working on my crochet, but my arthritis has been hitting my hands quite badly these days....and I have been been playing with mushrooms! But I have to get at least one of the afghans completed by next weekend so I need to get working on them.

It took me a while but I finally got pictures of my needlework.

Cluny Tapestry - Sense of Hearing about 5x6 inches, 40 stitches per square inch
37240-albums319-picture2610.jpg

William and Mary tapestry - 40 count
37240-albums319-picture2612.jpg

Rug about 10x12, it was either 24/25 count, don't remember exactly.
37240-albums319-picture2611.jpg
How beautiful these are! It must be highly satisfying to finish such demanding projects, with results like these.

lol, i am the queen of putting things off. but will stay out of joannes fabric til i finish current project and the dreaded pants.:LOL:

Trust me, you'll be so proud of yourself. I once had a pile of needlepoint and crewel finished pillow tops that I made the rule that I couldn't start anything new until ALL of those projects were finished and turned into usable pillows.

It was a wonderful feeling when they all were done.

Medtran, if I didn't have arthritis I would take this up just based on your pictures. How very beautiful those are. They must take forever.

Thanks all, I think they are gorgeous too and I love stitching them. You can kind of just zone out because you HAVE to concentrate on what you are doing and everything else just kind of fades out. I have no idea how long they take since I just work on them sporadically but I worked on the big rug for over a year and I've been working on the Cluny for over a year.

Karen

Hmmmm?! What ELSE am I making? It's more of what am I NOT making. I love all types of needlework and sewing. I always have some knitting or crocheting project in my basket.

Currently I'm finishing up a round afghan for a set of my grandchildren for this coming Christmas. It's crocheted in pie shapes and each wedge is a color of the color wheel. Then, the border is a single row of each color. There are 15 colors in all. I started it on Valentine's day and all I have to do now is to crochet the border.

I thought it would be fun for them because they are of the age where they're learning about colors, etc. Besides I made one for their father when he was a child. He's now in his 40s, and the old one is still alive and kicking.

I can still remember my children fighting over the afghan when they watched TV. They loved it and my daughter still asks about it.

A couple of days ago I started a Channel sweater for myself in a nice persimmon color. It's knitted and will go pretty quickly as I am a pretty fast knitter.

I've assembled and preshrunk the fabric for a cute Advent calendar for one of Glenn's daughter's family. It'll be quilted and adorned with sequins and beads, so that's next on my agenda.

Two of Glenn's granddaughters have American Girl dolls and I, happily, bought several patterns for outfits for them at our local Hobby Lobby store for 99 cents each. I'm planning on making a couple of outfits for each of their dolls for Christmas.

We've been doing some minor remodeling of the house, mostly paint and wallpaper, and I've designed some unusual window treatments for the living room, den, guest rooms and our bedroom. Have the fabric for them and have done all my calculations as to executing the designs, so I'll begin on them soon.

I'm almost done with the window treatments for the two bathrooms we just totally redid.

Then, there's the zipper that needs to be replaced in my leather motorcycle jacket. Just got the zipper on Saturday. I'm not particularly looking forward to this task, but I know it can be done. I just dread opening up the jacket to get to the zipper.

I have some embroidery and cross stitch that is calling but I think I'll save them for the fall. When the weather gets nice, I like to spend time outside or with Glenn on the Harley.

This retirement thing has been very interesting and productive I must say, but a pleasure because it's given me the time and freedom to do many things I've wanted to do....without the guilt of feeling as though there was something else that HAD to be done.

Hmmmm?! What ELSE am I making? It's more of what am I NOT making. I love all types of needlework and sewing. I always have some knitting or crocheting project in my basket.

Currently I'm finishing up a round afghan for a set of my grandchildren for this coming Christmas. It's crocheted in pie shapes and each wedge is a color of the color wheel. Then, the border is a single row of each color. There are 15 colors in all. I started it on Valentine's day and all I have to do now is to crochet the border.

I thought it would be fun for them because they are of the age where they're learning about colors, etc. Besides I made one for their father when he was a child. He's now in his 40s, and the old one is still alive and kicking.

I can still remember my children fighting over the afghan when they watched TV. They loved it and my daughter still asks about it.

A couple of days ago I started a Channel sweater for myself in a nice persimmon color. It's knitted and will go pretty quickly as I am a pretty fast knitter.

I've assembled and preshrunk the fabric for a cute Advent calendar for one of Glenn's daughter's family. It'll be quilted and adorned with sequins and beads, so that's next on my agenda.

Two of Glenn's granddaughters have American Girl dolls and I, happily, bought several patterns for outfits for them at our local Hobby Lobby store for 99 cents each. I'm planning on making a couple of outfits for each of their dolls for Christmas.

We've been doing some minor remodeling of the house, mostly paint and wallpaper, and I've designed some unusual window treatments for the living room, den, guest rooms and our bedroom. Have the fabric for them and have done all my calculations as to executing the designs, so I'll begin on them soon.

I'm almost done with the window treatments for the two bathrooms we just totally redid.

Then, there's the zipper that needs to be replaced in my leather motorcycle jacket. Just got the zipper on Saturday. I'm not particularly looking forward to this task, but I know it can be done. I just dread opening up the jacket to get to the zipper.

I have some embroidery and cross stitch that is calling but I think I'll save them for the fall. When the weather gets nice, I like to spend time outside or with Glenn on the Harley.

This retirement thing has been very interesting and productive I must say, but a pleasure because it's given me the time and freedom to do many things I've wanted to do....without the guilt of feeling as though there was something else that HAD to be done.

Wow, you've been busy! Yes, retirement is great for these projects. Someone asked me what I would be doing when I retired, "sitting around knitting?" That when I realized that it's exactly what I wanted to do. Well, I don't knit much, but any kind of needlework.

The only problem is finding new projects. :LOL:

Wow, what a lot of projects. I'm glad you are having fun.

When I mend leather, I always do it by hand. I use the holes that are already in the leather. I figure that if I do it on a sewing machine, and make more holes, I'll get "tear along the perforated line".

Thanks all, I think they are gorgeous too and I love stitching them. You can kind of just zone out because you HAVE to concentrate on what you are doing and everything else just kind of fades out. I have no idea how long they take since I just work on them sporadically but I worked on the big rug for over a year and I've been working on the Cluny for over a year.

Karen

They are beautiful, Karen! Thanks for sharing.

I finally brought in the roof tiles DH cleaned for me and will get to work on them. Both my girls want one. One wants puple grapes the other pale green. This should be fun I haven't painted for almost a year. Wish me luck:LOL:The tiles are inspired by Tuscan roof tiles from Italy. Nothing exact as the tiles are rough and painting comes out the same way. had one I'd done long ago and the wind knocked it down and it shattered, so I'm looking for something with an old feel to do for me. I,m also looking for t-shirts to paint for the kids for summer. They love t-shirts with things like pokemon and Mario on them. So we shall see what I can pull off for them
kadesma:)

i am so proud. all three pair of pants are hemmed. now i can make something that is more fun. i'm jazzed!!!

You go girl. Now you can have some fun!!

Those who don't enjoy different types of needlework/sewing don't understand how much fun it is when a new (or old) project is in the wings. It truly can be an addiction.

........aaaaahhhhh, get me away from the fabric store sales:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

And, let's not even speak of the 99-cent pattern sales at Hobby Lobby.....................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom