What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was Walmart shopping, day after payday.

All the bills are paid for the next month.:clap:

I bought two different quilted pattern pillow shams, and went ahead and bought the quilt I liked. I had to get full/queen size because that’s what they had. It looks good on the bed with the excess fabric tucked under the opposite side of the bed.

The other sham, that I got for the new sewing machine cover, is a different quilt pattern. The colors mix well with the present color scheme, and has added the next dimension.

It coordinates well with some colors I already have, and brings them out.

It’s like a color wheel turning, adding a little light orange, a promise of fall.

The bouquet of fake flowers is back in the living room, adding it’s orangey red yellows to the mix.

I’m having so much fun!

Last time I tried to color coordinate, I ended up painting a small wall navy blue...now I have a navy blue wall...at least it's only 2 1/2 feet wide and the gold picture frames look good on it.:ROFLMAO:

i can't believe how much trouble i am having sewing this little dress. sewed one thing wrong twice today. then my machine messed up while i was sewing gathering stitches. rip em out twice. i am beginning to think it is a jinx. put it away for the day, early. afraid i would just mess up again. but i am a stubborn old lady, so will go at it again tomorrow. just wish i could stop sewing it in my head when i am trying to go to sleep. lol

I finally got my sewing machine covered with the old one I had sewn a pillow into. It already had two corners sewn across at the top, so I just took the pillow out and sewed the remaining matching sham up the sides to fit the pillow.

The new pillow sham was way too big for the sewing machine anyway, and it looks really nice on the top of my butcher block topped cabinet/desk where the colors bring out the colors in other things I already had like the orangy skein of yarn in my yarn basket, and my coffee cup.

i finally got the problem in my dress making for aubrey. the pattern does not show details of the version i am making. it just dawned on me how to make it work. so tomorrow i can finish the bodice. then just the tiered skirt, a piece of cake. i am so glad, was beginning to be worried about my skill. yeah!!!

I have a set of paisley sheets, kind of a rust and golden on a cream colored background. I'm using them to cover my recliner. The fit is good, I just have to tweak it. The colors match colors on the new pillow sham. It's a quilt print with one large center sunburst. The colors are kind of Tuscan, beige, rust, gold and cream with just a touch of blue green. The rust color is like a tile roof. I'm going to use it as a cover for the square ottoman, so it will be next to the color coordinated sheets covering the recliner. Not sewing, but crafty nevertheless.

finished one t-shirt for Olivia and am working on another and I'm also putting jewels on ball caps of me amd Olivia. Fun
kades

the dresses are done. and i am tired, but they are very cute. when my granddaughter comes to pick them up,will see if she can post em for me. no sewing for at least a week or maybe two. need to get house back in order. then aubrey , the five year old, wants a ariel wedding dress. she is so fun to sew for.

babetoo said:
sounds like fun!! i had a lousy day. had to make ties for the dress, twice. followed the pattern and there was no way it was going to turn while that narrow. so cut two more twice as wide. worked well, but a lot of time wasted. maybe tomorrow will go well.

I know you already figured out a way to handle this dilemma, but I thought I would share how I turn very narrow straps and ties. I use a very long crochet hook, it looks like a a long knitting needle, but is actually hooked on one end. It's between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in diameter. Works great! The hook really helps. Hope the next project goes smoothly!

Ah, the old afghan hook trick. Good idea.

I often attach a safety pin and just thread it back through.

I just had a brainstorm:sorcerer:

I had bought a set of shower curtain, hangers, plus ceramic toothbrush holder, cup, and soap dish.

I only bought it because of the ceramic pieces, and had stashed the shower curtain in a drawer.

The pattern is framed palm trees checkerboarded with a palm frond over a square, all on a cream background. The colors are faded khaki and muddy olive green.

It dawned on me that the shower curtain might just cover the recliner.

Not only does it fit, it looks good. One palm frond is behind my head, A palm in a frame is center back, another palm in a frame is center seat.

I even was able to center a couple of framed palms centered on the arms!

The "fabric" is like a stiff organza. It won't wrinkle. The colors seem to fit into the new color scheme.

There's still some tweaking to do. The "fabric" is translucent, so I left the comforter on it, but it sticks out in front. I'll just have to fold that under and pin it up.

I had always thought of sheets and pillowcases as sources of fabric, but I never thought about a shower curtain.

I made this. It is a percussion intrument made from assorted household items used many years ago in jazz. Now, I just have to learn how to play it.
The coffee can holds thimbles for yor fingers. I still have to add a pot, but haven't found a suitable one yet.

Here is an example of one in use at a Django Reinhardt festival. Check out the solo at 1:04.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRGFrGci_Y

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 154
I know you already figured out a way to handle this dilemma, but I thought I would share how I turn very narrow straps and ties. I use a very long crochet hook, it looks like a a long knitting needle, but is actually hooked on one end. It's between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in diameter. Works great! The hook really helps. Hope the next project goes smoothly!

thanks i will try that. i tried a bodkin , a chop stick, etc. very annoying. glad to be done with dresses.

I just had a brainstorm:sorcerer:

I had bought a set of shower curtain, hangers, plus ceramic toothbrush holder, cup, and soap dish.

I only bought it because of the ceramic pieces, and had stashed the shower curtain in a drawer.

The pattern is framed palm trees checkerboarded with a palm frond over a square, all on a cream background. The colors are faded khaki and muddy olive green.

It dawned on me that the shower curtain might just cover the recliner.

Not only does it fit, it looks good. One palm frond is behind my head, A palm in a frame is center back, another palm in a frame is center seat.

I even was able to center a couple of framed palms centered on the arms!

The "fabric" is like a stiff organza. It won't wrinkle. The colors seem to fit into the new color scheme.

There's still some tweaking to do. The "fabric" is translucent, so I left the comforter on it, but it sticks out in front. I'll just have to fold that under and pin it up.

I had always thought of sheets and pillowcases as sources of fabric, but I never thought about a shower curtain.

I used fabric shower curtains as curtains in the living room...nice and inexpensive. Opaque enough that no one could see in, but let the light and breeze in. They look great and easy to wash.:LOL:

I'm kind of kicking myself for not having thought of it before, but then I've never had an extra shower curtain before.:LOL:

I'm kind of kicking myself for not having thought of it before, but then I've never had an extra shower curtain before.:LOL:

I found the shower curtains and decided I liked them better than the regular curtains I had been looking at...we are now the proud owners of an afghan hook...:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom