What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
found on line instructions that look easy for making fabric flowers. i will give it a try. would be adorable on dresses for the girls. they came last night to get the ones i just finished. they , even the two year old, liked them. aubrey went into a swirling mode and lilly followed. got pictures. it was late so granddaughter will show me how to load another day. it is so nice when they appreciate what i have made.

Rocklobster's Django Reinhardt clip

Well, shut my mouth and call me Popeye! That is a Wow clip.

No. 1 - have heard his name for years; didn't know it started with a "D". Now I do. Thanks for that.

No. 2 - his technical ability is just jaw-dropping. Ditto the percussion man. Put them all together and it's eye-popping, ear-pleasing.

It looks as though they're having a blast - hope you do too at your gigs. :)

I have been following this thread all along but haven't been posting because I haven't completed anything and am frustrated about that. Two babies are six months now and their afghans are still unfinished. Another was born today so I am planning to finish the first one as I already bought them another present.

I have been to three member's only sales at my fabric store in the last month picking up great bargains to make more saddle bags for my Dad's wheel chair (with the hopes of using them as prototypes for sale), pajama style pants for him to wear around the ward and when he gets home - he has some but they are dark and winter weight, and some new clothes for me.

I schedule sewing time but never seem to get to it, but I am hoping this weekend will be productive. I can't wait to get to the pile and actually finish (who am I kidding, START) something.

You are all great inspirations for me so hopefully I will have something to show off soon!

I have been following this thread all along but haven't been posting because I haven't completed anything and am frustrated about that. Two babies are six months now and their afghans are still unfinished. Another was born today so I am planning to finish the first one as I already bought them another present.

I have been to three member's only sales at my fabric store in the last month picking up great bargains to make more saddle bags for my Dad's wheel chair (with the hopes of using them as prototypes for sale), pajama style pants for him to wear around the ward and when he gets home - he has some but they are dark and winter weight, and some new clothes for me.

I schedule sewing time but never seem to get to it, but I am hoping this weekend will be productive. I can't wait to get to the pile and actually finish (who am I kidding, START) something.

You are all great inspirations for me so hopefully I will have something to show off soon!

Here's what I do:

Pick up the top item in the pile. Put it where you can't miss it right out in the open like a table top you like to keep clean. Don't put it back unstarted. If you have to move it, move it somewhere else you can see it, preferably where it will annoy you. I call this the "nag" factor. It works for me.:LOL:

Put your pile of new fabrics in the middle of the table where you can admire them as you pass by. If you start with the pants for Dad, make several while you are at it.

When you're done with them, take something from the pile for your next project. You'll be full of ambition after completing something else.

Here's what I do:

Pick up the top item in the pile. Put it where you can't miss it right out in the open like a table top you like to keep clean. Don't put it back unstarted. If you have to move it, move it somewhere else you can see it, preferably where it will annoy you. I call this the "nag" factor. It works for me.:LOL:
Thanks, Z. Unfortunately that isn't the problem (well, it will work for the afghan as I will just put it in my comfy chair - I want to get comfy, I have to crochet!).

I am not sleeping at night so I sleep in the mornings, then have to rush to see Dad from 11 - 1, do any shopping, errands, etc. Then I get home in time to put Dad's clothes in the washer, put stuff away and get supper. DH gets home, we eat at 6, chat and then it is 7 and I am cleaning up, making lunches and his breakfast and boom the time is all gone and I am too tired to sew. I was going to take today but now I have been up most of the night with my asthma again.....

But maybe I will put the first piece of material and pattern on Dad's placemat at the table. It won't get dirty there, but will be right in my face! You are right, this might help, as long as I can stay awake.:sleep:

Well, shut my mouth and call me Popeye! That is a Wow clip.

No. 1 - have heard his name for years; didn't know it started with a "D". Now I do. Thanks for that.

No. 2 - his technical ability is just jaw-dropping. Ditto the percussion man. Put them all together and it's eye-popping, ear-pleasing.

It looks as though they're having a blast - hope you do too at your gigs. :)
Glad you like it. That isn't Django himself. He is a tribute artist. We have lots of fun when we play.

Made this today. Needed my pouring pot back.
These are Sealed wax decorative bottles. I was just messing around. Felt a little creative. :LOL:

img_1016899_0_6c754b1d1c45f1e29a6212cd61db8f6b.jpg

Lit up with a tea light behind the bottle. Lights out.

img_1016899_1_015473db35258e6a69a002bf82cf7ed9.jpg

Butterflies and Ladybugs

I found adorable butterfly and ladybug buttons at Walmart today! I’ve been using the ladybug buttons I bought months ago on the sunflower crochet coasters.

The butterflies are the same size and each one is a different color.

The colors are vivid.

1 Medium purple with neon green body
2 Hot pink with fuscia body
3 Neon orange wings with neon and purple body
4 Yellow wings with orange body
5 Peacock - tuquoise blue all over
6 Neon green wings and lighter green body

They’re whimsical.

Now I can work on making “coasters” for each of my houseplants using some of the yarn I already had that match the quilt patterned pillow shams I bought.

I also started a new table runner using an old stitch that I haven’t used in a long time.

Using the first color, I crochet 8 rows of single crochet. Using the second color, I stitch over the previous color with the first row of the new color.

The first stitch is normal, the second stitch goes down 1 row of the first color and pulling the yarn up. The next stitch, down 2 rows, then 3, etc.

Then 8 more rows of single crochet and add new color, repeat.

The result is the new color in a arrow shaped pattern highlighted against the previous color.

This one is maybe 14 inches wide, so it’s coming along quickly. I got some peacock blue yarn yesterday, so that’s going to go after the light yellow that is next.

Last edited:
i am so excited! armed with coupons and a sales flier am off to joanns fabric. gonna buy stuff for Ariel dress for Aubrey. had to order pattern on line. it did tell how much fabric and stuff that will be needed. i have til sept to finish this. she wants for a little mermaid birthday party. it really will be pretty, it is a bride type dress. not the one with the stupid tail .

That sounds like a fun project, Babe. What's the pattern # so we can look.

it is a mccalls pattern #M6420 . will be making the view on the little girl. will be turquoise like Ariel. may not do the bib the same way. i ordered some pearls on a string to sew on somewhere. will do fabric flowers also. i always have to make a pattern my own, i guess.

That's just beautiful, Babe. That ought to keep you busy for awhile. Very complicated. I'm sure she will just love it.

i looked at the directions and it doesn't seem all that hard. i have never sewn on the kind of fabric, it calls for. but we certainly give it the old college try. the fabric is on sale. great price! i have a forty percent off coupon and two micheals coupons that joann honors. i guess you saw the price of the pattern. can't beat that. they do have mccalls on sale for 99 cents, i called, said they don't have that one. did i say i have til sept. to finish? lots of time, but you know me, won't take that long. thanks for the encouragement.
babe

it is a mccalls pattern #M6420 . will be making the view on the little girl. will be turquoise like Ariel. may not do the bib the same way. i ordered some pearls on a string to sew on somewhere. will do fabric flowers also. i always have to make a pattern my own, i guess.

Babe

That dress is adorable.

She is a very lucky little lady!

It's all about making memories, for both of you.

Thanks for sharing.

B

Back
Top Bottom